For those of you that still have hope for Trubisky...

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I mean, either way for me he gets this season.

He was always going to get this season, there's no other actual option.

If he can't put together an impressive season.... we look to move on.
Exactly the same here.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
And get us what, exactly?

Let Mitch play out his 4 years. We will have a 1st round pick by then and if we pick up his 5th for continuity, we also let him know there will be competition in camp and the starter spot isn't guaranteed.
Translation “shut up and be satisfied with the same old Bears wasting a great defense year in and year out like clock work”.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Translation “shut up and be satisfied with the same old Bears wasting a great defense year in and year out like clock work”.
You're reading a post by a guy that believes Hillary was benging little kids in the basement of a pizza restaurant that doesn't have a basement, for profit.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:

You might not like it, and yes, it SUCKS, but overcorrecting in this situation can lead to even LARGER fucking disasters. It sucks, but we ride it out with Mitch until his contract is up.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
You might not like it, and yes, it SUCKS, but overcorrecting in this situation can lead to even LARGER fucking disasters. It sucks, but we ride it out with Mitch until his contract is up.
No that’s the fucking problem with this dumb ass franchise. The FO and ownership would rather sit tight with dog shit than actually try to fix the problem. We fucking passed Kurt Warner because Grossman didn’t like competition. We gave Jay Cutler a second contract because Jerry Angelo has fried dog shit for brains. I can keep going on with this but there’s really no point in beating the dead horse of this franchise.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I get you, I get your frustration.

But be realistic, we're already in the 3rd week of the season.

He's 1-1, like it or not.

We've already decided to either waste this season with Mitch, or give him his shot to prove he belongs.

Chase Daniel is not an option.

If we had drafted someone who was sitting, learning, waiting for a shot... maybe.

Tyler Bray aint that guy.

This, across the board.

No matter how poorly mitch has played, there is still a minute chance that he grows if the bears keep him in.
You have to give him that chance.

The only other option is to put in someone who has zero chance of being the long term guy. Completely pointless.

Of course if mitch fails... well, draft a guy next year. At least we have an answer.

Ideally, Nagy can tailor the game plan and get a successful season out of this team by going the Tebow/Kaepernick route... not a long lasting solution but one that has been successful as a bridge between QBs.
Trubs may be a better passer and lesser runner than the 2 above, but there are options.

I hate gimmick offenses long term, but dont mind a creative solution when it is needed.

Last edited:

wisconsinbearsfan

Liked Posts:
We have Trestman 2.0 calling plays and Tebow 2.0 throwing the football, and people still have hope for this team? And people say Lions fans are eternal optimists.

If I was Anthony Miller I'd be badmouthing Nagy and Trubisky and demanding to be traded.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
No that’s the fucking problem with this dumb ass franchise. The FO and ownership would rather sit tight with dog shit than actually try to fix the problem. We fucking passed Kurt Warner because Grossman didn’t like competition. We gave Jay Cutler a second contract because Jerry Angelo has fried dog shit for brains. I can keep going on with this but there’s really no point in beating the dead horse of this franchise.

The one year return for both Grossman and Orton for the title of who sucks least was my breaking point.
... with no guts to pick one (didnt care who) and bring in a new body...they instead brought back the only 2 guys in the league we KNEW were not the long term solution.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
No 5th year option if things continue like they are. You need to light a fire under his butt even if it costs you more later on.

I will probably get flamed for this but Eli Manning would be a huge upgrade for this team. All you need is someone that can run the offense and move the chains. Giants would likely give Eli away for peanuts too.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
The one year return for both Grossman and Orton for the title of who sucks least was my breaking point.
... with no guts to pick one (didnt care who) and bring in a new body...they instead brought back the only 2 guys in the league we KNEW were not the long term solution.
I actually wonder if Virginia understands this. Like her father’s baby has descended from the pride of the NFL to a perennial loser because of their inability to get 1 singular position right. You would think she as the matriarch would be pounding the table to get it right.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He's the Bears first choice QB for the next three seasons, and most likely far beyond that.

Not if he doesn't get better.

The first game of the season was an aberration - too much hype around the 100th year and it being opening day etc.

LOL @ this. He's a professional and an adult. Too much hype because it's the team's anniversary? Did you really just type that? FFS.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I actually wonder if Virginia understands this. Like her father’s baby has descended from the pride of the NFL to a perennial loser because of their inability to get 1 singular position right. You would think she as the matriarch would be pounding the table to get it right.

... I do wonder about her- I seem to recall her being the reason Jauron stayed as long as he did.. because she liked him personally.

I truly do wonder if she is ok with occasional playoff runs, a smattering of winning seasons, and a steady stream of money.
Like she gives everyone an A for effort.

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
In the offseason shit can Brey and Burton and bring in competition. Free agents, draft picks, UDFAs. Turn the QB position into a fucking circus like the kicking side show this off season.

*EDIT* yes this was sarcasm

Last edited:

dennehy

Liked Posts:
For this year you try to find something that can maximize what the team is. I personally would try to play an uptempo style and be much more aggressive; more vertical routes with underneath crossing combinations, stuff like that. It's probably because the OL has been so bad but Nagy just hasn't attempted to put any vertical stress on the defense yet. See if there's possibly a spark there - much of offense is establishing a rhythm. If that doesn't work ride the defense with with something like how Denver operated yesterday - a conservative West Coast style that eats clock. Typical Bears grind. I don't think there's much of a chance for anyone other than Mitch coming here this year.

Then get someone like Case Keenum or Ryan Tannehill for next year and plan on drafting a QB in 20 or 21.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
... I do wonder about her- I seem to recall her being the reason Jauron stayed as long as he did.. because she liked him personally.

I truly do wonder if she is ok with occasional playoff runs, a smattering of winning seasons, and a steady stream of money.
Like she gives everyone an A for effort.
I seem to recall Virginia being “pissed” after the Packers took one of their numerous shits on the Bears in prime time but then nothing came of it. I hope the McCaskeys sell the team after she passes, but it would be a shame to see the team leave the Halas bloodline because George’s grandchildren are complete fucking idiots.

Alpha

CBMB Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
I had high hopes for Trubsiky but it is fading very fast, he doesn't seem the right fit for the Bears