For those of you that still have hope for Trubisky...

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I had high hopes for Trubsiky but it is fading very fast, he doesn't seem the right fit for the professional level QB position
I agree.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
You might not like it, and yes, it SUCKS, but overcorrecting in this situation can lead to even LARGER fucking disasters. It sucks, but we ride it out with Mitch until his contract is up.
no you only ride out his contract if he starts playing well. He will get this year to show who he is and that is mostly because we dont have a better option. If he plays like crap then they need to address the QB position this coming off season, either by draft, or trade.

Now obviously the best case is Mitch starts playing like a franchise QB.. if that happens then problem solved, but you cant go into next year with Mitch as your only option if he played bad this year

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe MT will surprise us all and go through a Dak like transition after stinking for 3 years.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
No that’s the fucking problem with this dumb ass franchise. The FO and ownership would rather sit tight with dog shit than actually try to fix the problem. We fucking passed Kurt Warner because Grossman didn’t like competition. We gave Jay Cutler a second contract because Jerry Angelo has fried dog shit for brains. I can keep going on with this but there’s really no point in beating the dead horse of this franchise.

Yeah, I don't think the larger issue is that the Bears GM doesn't make decisions based on the emotional stability of the fans.

Sorry, but GMs shouldn't be listening to fans being bipolar. In hindsight fans are quick to say everything a team did wrong, but if you went by the track record of fans prior to major decisions or drafts, they shit the bed 99% of the time, as they tend to waffle between firing everyone, replacing everyone, and then either pining for some unproven joker or a retread that was fired from elsewhere but whose name they recognize.

That's the hard reality.

If you want to take a break from the Bears because of it for your health, likely the best course of action.

Frankly, with all the talent the Bears have, I'd take a flier on a QB in round 3 or 4 as a developmental prospect this year, and then come the 2020 season's conclusion, offer Mitch backup money and let him know there will be camp competition for the starting role coming 2021, and then go out and trade up, drafting yourself another QB.

Because if you keep spending next years draft for this years picks, pretty soon our nice young defense will have no depth playing behind them, and replacing them when they get too old.

No one is saying this doesn't suck; it does. But your Bears PTSD is the last thing that should be driving the Bears' decisions.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Hopefully Pace and Co. can read between the lines as well as this ^ mofo, and climb the ladder next draft.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Yeah, I don't think the larger issue is that the Bears GM doesn't make decisions based on the emotional stability of the fans.

Sorry, but GMs shouldn't be listening to fans being bipolar. In hindsight fans are quick to say everything a team did wrong, but if you went by the track record of fans prior to major decisions or drafts, they shit the bed 99% of the time, as they tend to waffle between firing everyone, replacing everyone, and then either pining for some unproven joker or a retread that was fired from elsewhere but whose name they recognize.

That's the hard reality.

If you want to take a break from the Bears because of it for your health, likely the best course of action.

Frankly, with all the talent the Bears have, I'd take a flier on a QB in round 3 or 4 as a developmental prospect this year, and then come the 2020 season's conclusion, offer Mitch backup money and let him know there will be camp competition for the starting role coming 2021, and then go out and trade up, drafting yourself another QB.

Because if you keep spending next years draft for this years picks, pretty soon our nice young defense will have no depth playing behind them, and replacing them when they get too old.

No one is saying this doesn't suck; it does. But your Bears PTSD is the last thing that should be driving the Bears' decisions.
You're statements in this post do not apply to anything @WestCoastBearsFan has posted.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
no you only ride out his contract if he starts playing well. He will get this year to show who he is and that is mostly because we dont have a better option. If he plays like crap then they need to address the QB position this coming off season, either by draft, or trade.

Now obviously the best case is Mitch starts playing like a franchise QB.. if that happens then problem solved, but you cant go into next year with Mitch as your only option if he played bad this year

With what? No one is going to take our 2nd this year and 1st next year to get any QB of quality. Or do you really want to waste 2 second round picks on taking a chance that a team that traded up to #2 the first time will somehow luck into the next Aaron Rodgers or Pat Mahomes in the 20-28th picks because you're so damn desperate for something different, you'll take anyone and wish it into existence that "this time the Bears got a HoFer!"

I sure as fuck don't!

I'll wait until the 2021 draft where the Bears will have the 1st round pick that they can package with their 2nd rounder and if need be the 2022 1st rounder to move HIGH up in the draft (top 5) and pray to GOD they fucking go for the sure thing this time rather than the project, if there is such a thing in that draft. Because there are no guarantees but damn, the Bears need to up their odds by as much as possible - NOT trade into the bottom of the first to stoke their fans' egos and pick up the left overs hoping a bunch of teams fucked up again...

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
You move on from him when you have a better option.

For this season, he's the best option the Bears have so you ride him til the end. It's too early to make sweeping generalizations, but if he continues this level of play for the rest of the season then Bears have to pick a QB early in the draft. I'm not on the "replace him by all means necessary" train, although if you forced me to bet on if Mitch pans out or not, my money is on "No" from what I've seen over the last 2.1 years.
You and everyone else needs to be on the "move on from Chase" train. The "Chase is such a good influence for Trubisky" train has long run off the rails. Chase can be signed as an assistant coach for all he is doing for the Bears. It is time to get someone in the backup QB role who has a chance of doing something if Trubisky doesn't pan out or is injured.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
He really needs to show up next week against the Redskins. He just came off a big confidence ending winning drive. If he does not have a good game next week, not sure we will see much from him the rest of the year. The thing is he looked himself on that last throw. That is when he is at his best moving around. He did say before the season that he needs to run less and play more from the pocket. To me that is taking away what he does best (so if Nagy told him that, he needs to change his approach with Trubisky). He has not even tried running much at all the first two games. Nagy is to blame as well with changing players in and out every freaking play. Leave the same guys in the game. The receivers should be Robinson, Miller and Wims with Gabriel as the 4th receiver. Patterson should not be lined out wide. One thing to keep a watch on is Emmanuel Sanders. If the Broncos keep losing, would Fangio trade Sanders to the Bears? I was thinking this might happen before the game and I think there is a chance later on in the season.

pinkfloydster

Liked Posts:
How long does he get before you move on?

End of the season?

Next year?

Pick up the 5th year and wait till that's done?

Give him a second contract?

What's your personal breaking point?

Until the back up quarterback is better than him. So...we have a backup QB problem as well. Capiche

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
For this year you try to find something that can maximize what the team is. I personally would try to play an uptempo style and be much more aggressive; more vertical routes with underneath crossing combinations, stuff like that. It's probably because the OL has been so bad but Nagy just hasn't attempted to put any vertical stress on the defense yet. See if there's possibly a spark there - much of offense is establishing a rhythm. If that doesn't work ride the defense with with something like how Denver operated yesterday - a conservative West Coast style that eats clock. Typical Bears grind. I don't think there's much of a chance for anyone other than Mitch coming here this year.

Then get someone like Case Keenum or Ryan Tannehill for next year and plan on drafting a QB in 20 or 21.
Tannehill...no fucking thanks

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Mitch is the QB through all 5 years of his rookie contract. The only way to change this would be if someone better can be drafted. Signing a veteran is a bad move imo and turns into a situation like the Vikings have.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Beginning to think he's Bortles Jr. Hope he proves me wrong, but he's running out of time.
Bortles? This guy is a mix of Christian Ponder/Tannehill with a splash of Derek Carr

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers

That's the hard reality.

Jesus Christ. It’s not bears PTSD it’s Bears history. Isn’t the definition of insanity doing the same thing over again and expecting a different result? You don’t want to, as a franchise, invest in the most important position in sports? the last 25 years of Chicago Bears football is the result. You can’t find a QB if you stop looking for one or.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Mitch is the QB through all 5 years of his rookie contract. The only way to change this would be if someone better can be drafted. Signing a veteran is a bad move imo and turns into a situation like the Vikings have.

The Vikings came within the most busted play of all time of an NFC championship game two years with Case Keenum. The Eagles won the Super Bowl with Nick Foles. Half this board thought the Vikings were the clear favorite to win the NFCN two days ago.

They need a back up next year anyway; may as well pony up for one of the better FAs out there.

pablovi

Liked Posts:
I'm losing hope right now, he's clearly regressed

but my friend said today "We played two great defenses these past two weeks, so give him some time"

but my other Packer fan friend goes "He's not good, trust me."

I think the Packer fan friend is closer to correct. 3rd year in the league, we should see a spark of greatness at this point if any greatness was there
Those are not great defenses, Packers is above average, and the Broncos is average at best, the Raiders scored 24 points on them, with ease. And the average KC D, only allowed 10 points from the same Raiders.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Jesus Christ. It’s not bears PTSD it’s Bears history. Isn’t the definition of insanity doing the same thing over again and expecting a different result? You don’t want to, as a franchise, invest in the most important position in sports the last 25 years of Chicago Bears football is the result. You can’t find a QB if you stop looking for one or.

Basically what Teddy KFC is saying, is that it's a good thing the Bears don't want to win superbowls just because the FANS want to win superbowls. Stop being an idiot fan expecting superbowls, idiot. Mitch is what you get until the defense isn't elite anymore, and then you draft a stud QB and rebuild the defense and maybe, just maybe it all comes together for a championship, but not because some dumb fan like you wants it, but because it magically happens.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Basically what Teddy KFC is saying, is that it's a good thing the Bears don't want to win superbowls just because the FANS want to win superbowls. Stop being an idiot fan expecting superbowls, idiot. Mitch is what you get until the defense isn't elite anymore, and then you draft a stud QB and rebuild the defense and maybe, just maybe it all comes together for a championship, but not because some dumb fan like you wants it, but because it magically happens.
My mom called me an idiot and now you???? I need a safe space.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
If you're looking for a free agent:

Dak, Brees, Brady, Rivers almost certainly not available.

Eli, Keenum, Tannehill, Bridgewater, Jamais, AJ Mccarron, Nate Sudfeld, Nick Mullens, Mariota (?). That's about it unless there's a cut. Not much, but it'd be worth it to pay for one as a back up who could compete to start.

Thnigs can change but this doesn't look like a great draft for QB so far, Tua and Hebert, then a pretty big drop off.