For those of you that still have hope for Trubisky...

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
If you're looking for a free agent:

Dak, Brees, Brady, Rivers almost certainly not available.

Eli, Keenum, Tannehill, Bridgewater, Jamais, AJ Mccarron, Nate Sudfeld, Nick Mullens, Mariota (?). That's about it unless there's a cut. Not much, but it'd be worth it to pay for one as a back up who could compete to start.

Thnigs can change but this doesn't look like a great draft for QB so far, Tua and Hebert, then a pretty big drop off.
Jalent Hurts is throwing himself into the mix.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Jalent Hurts is throwing himself into the mix.

Not to my mind. Big stats, lots of running, still a mid round pick imo.

Joe Burrow is the guy who's made a nice move up so far. If he continues like he's been against the SEC I'd think he can move up into the conversation.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
His confidence is shot but u give him to the end of the season at least

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
With what? No one is going to take our 2nd this year and 1st next year to get any QB of quality. Or do you really want to waste 2 second round picks on taking a chance that a team that traded up to #2 the first time will somehow luck into the next Aaron Rodgers or Pat Mahomes in the 20-28th picks because you're so damn desperate for something different, you'll take anyone and wish it into existence that "this time the Bears got a HoFer!"

I sure as fuck don't!

I'll wait until the 2021 draft where the Bears will have the 1st round pick that they can package with their 2nd rounder and if need be the 2022 1st rounder to move HIGH up in the draft (top 5) and pray to GOD they fucking go for the sure thing this time rather than the project, if there is such a thing in that draft. Because there are no guarantees but damn, the Bears need to up their odds by as much as possible - NOT trade into the bottom of the first to stoke their fans' egos and pick up the left overs hoping a bunch of teams fucked up again...
we have 2- 2nd round picks coming up so 2-2nds and a future 1st can get you pretty high. And if there is a QB that Nagy likes and you can move up to grab him (and Mitch continued to play like garbage) then you better move up and grab him. This superbowl quality D has an expiration date so waiting a few years to draft a QB and then having a couple years to develop him means your window has closed..

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Joe Burrow is the guy who's made a nice move up so far. If he continues like he's been against the SEC I'd think he can move up into the conversation.
That's exactly what the Bears need tbh. Bears are obviously incapable of selecting the correct guy at the top of the draft so maybe Nagy can find a guy with the traits he needs in the mid rounds.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
That's exactly what the Bears need tbh. Bears are obviously incapable of selecting the correct guy at the top of the draft so maybe Nagy can find a guy with the traits he needs in the mid rounds.

That of course lowers the chances that the pick will work out, no matter who's drafting though.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
You and everyone else needs to be on the "move on from Chase" train. The "Chase is such a good influence for Trubisky" train has long run off the rails. Chase can be signed as an assistant coach for all he is doing for the Bears. It is time to get someone in the backup QB role who has a chance of doing something if Trubisky doesn't pan out or is injured.

When the fuck have I ever been on the Daniels train? Pull that one out of your ass? Ive never said anything positive about Chase and I sure as shit aint starting now. I agree 100% your backup should be able to actualy play, you want a mentor hire a qb coach.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Eli, Keenum, Tannehill, Bridgewater, Jamais, AJ Mccarron, Nate Sudfeld, Nick Mullens, Mariota (?). That's about it unless there's a cut.

Nah.

I signed a contract with some local sports website. I get to work from home so I can spend more time with my Xbox. Appreciate the thought.

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
It doesn't matter. Unless you want to trade Mac the picks aren't there to replace him. He's here for his contract.

I'm not convinced it's a Trubisky problem and not a Nagy problem or even a Pace problem with getting Smith then having Mack fall into our laps at a cost that means no oline for the duration of Trubisky's contract.
I've seen Trubisky throw passes. I know it can happen and there has to be a reason it's not happening. It's not his talent or lack of. Talent doesn't happen for a year and go away. For some reason Nagy isn't calling plays to have Trubisky play like he can. Even for the avoiding having Trubisky run it crap, if he's a crap QB there's no need to preserve his body. If that's what it takes to make him shine let him run it.

That said, I wasn't joking being willing to take a high pick QB any year after after Trubisky. If you can replace him with better do so.
But the general CCS thought of getting a crap QB to replace your crap QB with, fuck that.

Yea yea yea.... but elite QB’s have sharp minds, can read defenses, spot double coverages, lookoff receivers and see the entire field. They do it INSTINCTIVELY. Either you have that or you don’t... you can improve a little with teaching but it’s really something that cannot truly be taught. Trubs does not have it.

There is a reason it took Trubs so long to be a starting QB in college. Excuses aside, if he was THAT GOOD he would have started long before it took him to do so. I bet the same problem we are having now is the same problem they were having then.... Trubs is not that smart, took a long time to learn the offense and it took him even longer before it became somewhat instinctive for him.

You can change many things but the fact that he does not the mind of an elite QB is not one of them.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners

Well we will see how he finishes the year. My top 3 QBs the last 3 years were Mahomes, Mayfield and Murray. Against SEC is not really a thing anymore. Burrow has looked good though.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
When the fuck have I ever been on the Daniels train? Pull that one out of your ass? Ive never said anything positive about Chase and I sure as shit aint starting now. I agree 100% your backup should be able to actualy play, you want a mentor hire a qb coach.
That is a general comment. People may be on one side or the other on Whether Trubisky should get another snap, game, month or year to prove himself, but Chase has already proven that he has zero value as a backup with zero upside.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
That is a general comment. People may be on one side or the other on Whether Trubisky should get another snap, game, month or year to prove himself, but Chase has already proven that he has zero value as a backup with zero upside.
Yeah Chase sucks, which is bad for a team with a run happy QB who slides like a sack of potatoes.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
we have 2- 2nd round picks coming up so 2-2nds and a future 1st can get you pretty high. And if there is a QB that Nagy likes and you can move up to grab him (and Mitch continued to play like garbage) then you better move up and grab him. This superbowl quality D has an expiration date so waiting a few years to draft a QB and then having a couple years to develop him means your window has closed..
I'm against going the free-agent route from the previous post you mentioned only because I don't think it's a long-term solution.

But, if there is a quarterback in next year's draft that both Nagy and pace feel strongly about and can be had for those two second-round picks, I would agree that you make the move.

But what I don't want is the making the move just to get a quarterback because they want someone other than Mitch. NFL teams have done that and ruin themselves over it. It has to be someone they really think is amazing and want to trade up for otherwise I say stand Pat and write it out with Mitch one more year.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm against going the free-agent route from the previous post you mentioned only because I don't think it's a long-term solution.

But, if there is a quarterback in next year's draft that both Nagy and pace feel strongly about and can be had for those two second-round picks, I would agree that you make the move.

But what I don't want is the making the move just to get a quarterback because they want someone other than Mitch. NFL teams have done that and ruin themselves over it. It has to be someone they really think is amazing and want to trade up for otherwise I say stand Pat and write it out with Mitch one more year.
Just how long do you think the Bears window is, with their defense?

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Remember when the fans ripped Lombardi for says this....

“No, I'm not buying Mitchell Trubisky," Lombardi said. "You couldn’t get me to buy Mitchell Trubisky if you had him on a discount rack at Filene’s Basement. There’s no chance. There’s no chance. He can’t throw the ball inbounds half the time. I mean, it’s a joke. I was in Chicago this week and all I saw was Trubisky jerseys and I'm thinking you people are crazy. You’re going to be selling them in three years. There’s no way."

Lol

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Just how long do you think the Bears window is, with their defense?
With big contracts due next season, the Bears can start losing players as soon as next season. Not to mention, never know when injuries will hit. Windows can close fast.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
How long does he get before you move on?

End of the season?

Next year?

Pick up the 5th year and wait till that's done?

Give him a second contract?

What's your personal breaking point?

He has 6 more games. He fucks it up he becomes your backup next year.