Forget the Double Doink........

EaCoBear

Liked Posts:
the most frustrating play in the Eagles loss was at about 11:45 in the 3rd. Howard, if not caught hits his head on the crossbar if he possesses any contact balance. Malcolm Jenkins tackles Jordan Howard with slight breeze of his arm. I am hoping our rook can live up to the hype. If so this play would have been housed. I would include video, but I cannot find the video online, just saw it last night on NFL Network. Watch at your own risk.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
isn't that the one where he tripped over Shaheen's foot?

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
That is just stupid. We didn't lose the game because a RB got tripped up in the 3rd quarter. He would have had to run 53 yards on that play.

Also, the play just prior to that Taylor Gabriel had a 30 yard gain. Guess who the lead blocker was that set him free?

JORDAN HOWARD!

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
isn't that the one where he tripped over Shaheen's foot?

It's hard to see and it happens quickly at the line of scrimmage . Too many bodies. But he either got pushed or tripped. Ppl need to quit acting like he was hand tackled.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
That is just stupid. We didn't lose the game because a RB got tripped up in the 3rd quarter. He would have had to run 53 yards on that play.

Also, the play just prior to that Taylor Gabriel had a 30 yard gain. Guess who the lead blocker was that set him free?

JORDAN HOWARD!
Howard's best attribute is his blocking.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
It's hard to see and it happens quickly at the line of scrimmage . Too many bodies. But he either got pushed or tripped. Ppl need to quit acting like he was hand tackled.
He clearly tripped over Shaheen’s leg. There was just a thread about this...

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And people used to post this same nonsense about Forte constantly on here, shoelace tackles, etc. Total nonsense. Jordan Howard is one of the harder running backs to take down in the league. ALL running backs at times get tripped up at times. You are just focused on the Bears running back and seeing him run 15-25 times a game.

Outside of the world of CCS Posters/Bears fans, most people throughout the country are envious of the running backs that the Bears consistently put out there year after year.

Let me promise one thing - 3 years from now people will be posting on here how easy it to shoelace tackle Montgomery, regardless of how well he does.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not Howard's fault because he is what he is but he barely picks up his feet with a lot of forward lean. I have seen him fall forward on his own without contact when expecting some. If you can get to his feet early or prevent his one cut vertical momentum, he's done other than pushing a pile. If not, he'll run you over and is faster than given credit for once rolling.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Howard was not a world beater last year on breaking tackles at all.

He was 15th in yards after contact and had 9 broken tackles which ranked him 42nd among running backs.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Howard was not a world beater last year on breaking tackles at all.

He was 15th in yards after contact and had 9 broken tackles which ranked him 42nd among running backs.

Yes, it can be tough to break tackles when someone has their arms around your legs as you are being handed the ball.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Howard needs a seam. He's great at finding them but he's not dancing through gaps.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Howard threads are stale. Realistically, outside of the Eagles having guys get injured, Howard isn't going to get many touches. Montgomery will probably be good enough, so there really isn't a debate....unless Montgomery is Jeremy Langford. But even then, Howard won't be getting much action in Philly, so it will always seem like Pace did the right thing.

RIP: Jordan Howard.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
This game is a constant reminder of how happy I am that the Bears did not pay Amos. Give that money to Jackson.

So many times Amos was out of position in pass coverage....2:32 is a prime example. Makes you wonder if Deon Bush/Eddie Jackson combo will be better

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes, it can be tough to break tackles when someone has their arms around your legs as you are being handed the ball.

Chicago was about average on run blocking last year. You are trying to write off his stats on breaking tackles as if breaking a tackle in Chicago is harder than any other team.....it's nonsense.

I liked Howard and wished he was still on the team but he was not breaking tackles last year.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
This game is a constant reminder of how happy I am that the Bears did not pay Amos. Give that money to Jackson.

So many times Amos was out of position in pass coverage....2:32 is a prime example. Makes you wonder if Deon Bush/Eddie Jackson combo will be better

Green Bay asked Dix to do a lot and put him alone as Green Bay stuffed the box a bit. If they ask Amos to do the same thing they are in for a rude awakening.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
And people used to post this same nonsense about Forte constantly on here, shoelace tackles, etc. Total nonsense. Jordan Howard is one of the harder running backs to take down in the league. ALL running backs at times get tripped up at times. You are just focused on the Bears running back and seeing him run 15-25 times a game.

Outside of the world of CCS Posters/Bears fans, most people throughout the country are envious of the running backs that the Bears consistently put out there year after year.

Let me promise one thing - 3 years from now people will be posting on here how easy it to shoelace tackle Montgomery, regardless of how well he does.
While this thread about Jordan Howard being an easy tackle is idiotic, Forte for all his greatness all too often went down too easily. That said, him in his prime in this offense would be a glorious sight.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Chicago was about average on run blocking last year. You are trying to write off his stats on breaking tackles as if breaking a tackle in Chicago is harder than any other team.....it's nonsense.

I liked Howard and wished he was still on the team but he was not breaking tackles last year.

I honestly have no idea what you are talking about here. Based on what is the Bears run blocking average last year?

Where in hell did I say breaking tackles is harder in Chicago is harder than any other team. Do not put words into my mouth. When your run blocking sucks and you cannot gather any momentum at all you cannot break a tackle. Pretty simple. You say the run blocking was average last year, I say it certainly was not.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Green Bay asked Dix to do a lot and put him alone as Green Bay stuffed the box a bit. If they ask Amos to do the same thing they are in for a rude awakening.
Ah...forgot that about that Jackson/Dix...even better. Maybe they'll put Bush in the slot...he seemed to play fairly well while Jackson was out.

I think Green Bay kind of fucked themselves with signing Amos. It's kind of like the McPhee signing for the Bears. Had flashes of greatness, but too ineffective to make it worth the money paid.