Forget the Double Doink........

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I honestly have no idea what you are talking about here. Based on what is the Bears run blocking average last year?

Where in hell did I say breaking tackles is harder in Chicago is harder than any other team. Do not put words into my mouth. When your run blocking sucks and you cannot gather any momentum at all you cannot break a tackle. Pretty simple. You say the run blocking was average last year, I say it certainly was not.

dude you said Howard couldn't break tackles because 2 arms were always wrapped around him....is it like that in every city?

How were there 41 other running backs that broke tackles better than him?

According to football outsiders bears were on the low side of average when you look at run stuffs and about average on power runs..

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ah...forgot that about that Jackson/Dix...even better. Maybe they'll put Bush in the slot...he seemed to play fairly well while Jackson was out.

I think Green Bay kind of fucked themselves with signing Amos. It's kind of like the McPhee signing for the Bears. Had flashes of greatness, but too ineffective to make it worth the money paid.

If they ask Amos to play more Free Safety and ask him to anchor the middle of the deep field they are going to be disappointed......

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
2t1UnPQ.gif

I gif'd it so it hurts more

dll2000

Liked Posts:
I think Parkey was awful last year, but I think he was really good in Philly game. He was 3-3 and 4th Kick was blocked and it still came within inches of going in. They did a perfect freeze timeout. For him to be scapegoat of playoff loss is wrong.

Biggest problem was we couldn't run the ball. Might be a reason for huge focus of offseason on run game. Howard was 10 for 35 and Cohen was 1-0. We had one good run off a trick play with Gabriel. Robinson and Trubisky were the offense for most part.

Big Philly scoring drive was helped by three penalties. But you can't blame defense, you should be able to score at least 20 in a modern NFL game.

Burton getting hurt after full week of practice and game plan was crazy happenstance and probably single biggest factor. Jackson not playing was also pretty huge. Who knows what he would have done in that game if healthy or if Bears didn't have to throw out their offensive game plan at 11th hour.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think Parkey was awful last year, but I think he was really good in Philly game. He was 3-3 and 4th Kick was blocked and it still came within inches of going in.

This is true. Two things kept the Bears in the game for the first three quarters.

1) Parkey's leg.
2) Four interception plays - the two we made and the two Philly dropped.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is true. Two things kept the Bears in the game for the first three quarters.

1) Parkey's leg.
2) Four interception plays - the two we made and the two Philly dropped.

The ugly truth. Thank you.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
dude you said Howard couldn't break tackles because 2 arms were always wrapped around him....is it like that in every city?

How were there 41 other running backs that broke tackles better than him?

According to football outsiders bears were on the low side of average when you look at run stuffs and about average on power runs..

I am not much of a fan of services that take a subjective matter, like blocking, put their opinion on it numerically, and turn it into a stat like it is totally objective. I think we have all seen that the output that comes out of these things can almost be comical at times.

All that being said, we just have a different opinion on this matter, and I respect your opinion here. I am just not in the best mood today, and really getting tired of this message board in bandwagon fashion ripping on Jordan Howard on an hourly basis.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
And people used to post this same nonsense about Forte constantly on here, shoelace tackles, etc. Total nonsense. Jordan Howard is one of the harder running backs to take down in the league. ALL running backs at times get tripped up at times. You are just focused on the Bears running back and seeing him run 15-25 times a game.

Outside of the world of CCS Posters/Bears fans, most people throughout the country are envious of the running backs that the Bears consistently put out there year after year.

Let me promise one thing - 3 years from now people will be posting on here how easy it to shoelace tackle Montgomery, regardless of how well he does.
You're probably right. But I just don't remember seeing any other Bears RB fall down so many times after ankle or foot contact.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am not much of a fan of services that take a subjective matter, like blocking, put their opinion on it numerically, and turn it into a stat like it is totally objective. I think we have all seen that the output that comes out of these things can almost be comical at times.

All that being said, we just have a different opinion on this matter, and I respect your opinion here. I am just not in the best mood today, and really getting tired of this message board in bandwagon fashion ripping on Jordan Howard on an hourly basis.

Subjectivity is also saying you think the Bears run blocking was bad....they just put it into perspective compared to the rest of the league. I get it. I thought the Bears were subpar until Long and Daniels were in.....the YPC went up when the played together.

I understand that ripping on Howard is the flavor of the month. I actually wanted to retain Howard.

My approach to it is that I still like Howard and thought he had a spot on the roster. That being said I am still realistic in my thought process in that he did have an issue breaking tackles last year in Nagy's offense.

Cohen had 37 broken tackles compared to Howard's 9. Cohen's average was 4.5 YPC. Howard had 9 broken tackles at 3.7

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I think Parkey was awful last year, but I think he was really good in Philly game. He was 3-3 and 4th Kick was blocked and it still came within inches of going in. They did a perfect freeze timeout. For him to be scapegoat of playoff loss is wrong.

Biggest problem was we couldn't run the ball. Might be a reason for huge focus of offseason on run game. Howard was 10 for 35 and Cohen was 1-0. We had one good run off a trick play with Gabriel. Robinson and Trubisky were the offense for most part.

Big Philly scoring drive was helped by three penalties. But you can't blame defense, you should be able to score at least 20 in a modern NFL game.

Burton getting hurt after full week of practice and game plan was crazy happenstance and probably single biggest factor. Jackson not playing was also pretty huge. Who knows what he would have done in that game if healthy or if Bears didn't have to throw out their offensive game plan at 11th hour.

remy-alt?

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
If they ask Amos to play more Free Safety and ask him to anchor the middle of the deep field they are going to be disappointed......
I think they'll be disappointed regardless because GB doesn't have Eddie Jackson.

Amos only won his job back due to injury and has looked pedestrian without Jackson playing next to him.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think they'll be disappointed regardless because GB doesn't have Eddie Jackson.

Amos only won his job back due to injury and has looked pedestrian without Jackson playing next to him.

I think Amos' best year was last year for sure.....it helped having a great front 7 and Jackson who could cover a lot of ground behind him

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ah...forgot that about that Jackson/Dix...even better. Maybe they'll put Bush in the slot...he seemed to play fairly well while Jackson was out.

I think Green Bay kind of fucked themselves with signing Amos. It's kind of like the McPhee signing for the Bears. Had flashes of greatness, but too ineffective to make it worth the money paid.

McPhee was overweight and often injured with a pre-existing condition. Idk if he is the best example.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
McPhee was overweight and often injured with a pre-existing condition. Idk if he is the best example.
Yep totally overlooked that...although that's kind of moot...when looking at ROI

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I think Amos' best year was last year for sure.....it helped having a great front 7 and Jackson who could cover a lot of ground behind him
What they're getting is the Amos at 2:30 in the highlights above. Bites so badly on the play action that Jeffery is open by 20 yards.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
the most frustrating play in the Eagles loss was at about 11:45 in the 3rd. Howard, if not caught hits his head on the crossbar if he possesses any contact balance. Malcolm Jenkins tackles Jordan Howard with slight breeze of his arm. I am hoping our rook can live up to the hype. If so this play would have been housed. I would include video, but I cannot find the video online, just saw it last night on NFL Network. Watch at your own risk.

Were we suppose to watch at our own risk last night?

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
As i have said in prior threads, the two glaring below average performances in that game were Howard and Parkey.

Both are off the team this season.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:

I think that the game isn’t really close if Eddie Jackson is healthy and likely picking off those ducks Foles was throwing up that game.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He clearly tripped over Shaheen’s leg. There was just a thread about this...

Yeah, I posted it in Bort’s rewatch thread...

I highlighted a few of these plays in the playoff breakdown, here are some different angles...

Daniels:

ZRojZb.gif

Long:

Wxy7Zv.gif

Leno:

NjshYy.gif

Long:

SKJliQ.gif

All in all, I think this was a pretty typical performance by the 2018 offensive line. 3-4 run blow ups and 3-4 pass blow ups were the norm each game, especially from the guard position. Edge pressure was there but it was pretty easily mitigated by Trubisky.

Going back through that thread reminded me of the Howard trip over Shaheen’s leg. With 9 men in the box and 2 cb’s at the far sidelines, this was probably a TD and at least red zone. Still hurts:

mpcGAq.gif

XRk1V2.gif

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

Parkey’s kick was barely touched because he didn’t have the proper height on it. The miss is on him.