Fox wanted Watson. Mahomes was Pace's No 2 QB.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:
So if Pace didn’t trade up and the Browns traded up for Trubisky we would’ve ended up with a future HOFer at QB? Shit.

BornAnAngryBearsFan

TF you lookin' at?!?!
Liked Posts:

Not sure if posted already but this is depressing to read. For all the shot Fox gets, apparently he knows more about QBs than Pace.

Also Mahomes was Pace's 2nd ranked QB. SMH!

And we some how end up with Mole Eye, the human shit show... Life as a Bears fan, is hard.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
What else if Fox gonna say?

BornAnAngryBearsFan

TF you lookin' at?!?!
Liked Posts:
Pace and mitch are gr8 bro pals. They both talk gr8 and have gr8 workouts 2gether. Too bad 4 pace nfl QBs have to win games not just be gym homos.
Pace, and Mole Eye, probably spot each other while working out at Halas Hall.. Giving one another deep, bromantical, eye gazes between sets.

BearsJR

Liked Posts:
Does that surprise you? Watson was the safe choice, Fox wasn’t gonna go out on a limb. It’s not that he was so smart, just more careful. Pace just thought he could be the smartest guy in the joint if he hit with Trubs. Oops.
And to the idea that Mahomes would’ve been a HOFer here, the Trib has an article about the draft with some great inside info from Pats coaches. Sounded like A LOT of work went into making him the QB he is today. I’ve never seen that from anyone in the Bears org. My guess is they would’ve thrown him out in game 4 or 5 and told him to go get em. He might’ve actually been Cutler 2.0.

Beartex

Liked Posts:
I remember hoping Bears would draft Watson too. This organization will never live that draft down.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I remember hoping Bears would draft Watson too. This organization will never live that draft down.
While it’s embarrassing that’s a little much. Bears still have a very good D, and solid weapons on offense. OL and TE sucks but a decent QB could make up for it. If the bears win a SB in the next couple years nobody will really care.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
But also: can you idiots keep telling me about how John Fox was the issue?

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I remember the reports from the Clemson Pro day. Fox was drooling over Watson but Pace the smug asshole didn't even let his HC in on the decision. Bears never get it right, QB and GM. Pace should be fired but he won't be and if he is they will just hire another tool in his place.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I remember right after that draft someone reported that the only QB Pace was going to select was Trubisky. If he missed out on Trubisky, he wasn’t going to draft a QB at all. That would help explain the needless trade up.

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
Pace and Nagy need to cut their losses with Mitch the same way They did with Parkey.

But a good FA won’t be cheap, add a QB with 2nd rd pick also

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Does that surprise you? Watson was the safe choice, Fox wasn’t gonna go out on a limb. It’s not that he was so smart, just more careful. Pace just thought he could be the smartest guy in the joint if he hit with Trubs. Oops.
And to the idea that Mahomes would’ve been a HOFer here, the Trib has an article about the draft with some great inside info from Pats coaches. Sounded like A LOT of work went into making him the QB he is today. I’ve never seen that from anyone in the Bears org. My guess is they would’ve thrown him out in game 4 or 5 and told him to go get em. He might’ve actually been Cutler 2.0.

Yup, probably the biggest problem with Mitch as well. I didn't want him to start for at least the first half of the season, but Pace fucked up so bad with Glennon that Fox was left with no choice.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
While it’s embarrassing that’s a little much. Bears still have a very good D, and solid weapons on offense. OL and TE sucks but a decent QB could make up for it. If the bears win a SB in the next couple years nobody will really care.

Nah, they fucked that draft up. Bears could seriously have Watson, Juju, Jackson, and Kittle. Instead there's Mitch, Shaheen (probably a worse pick than Mitch) Jackson & Cohen.

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
How sad is it that 31 fan bases think John Fox is a decent or better coach while Bears fans think Fox is a buffoon known for his ineptitude?

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
I've been telling you guys along that pace was an idiot. Fucking pace lovers spunky and playthrough have disappeared. Spunky loved pace so much that he went on a disliking spree for every anti pace post. What a crybaby.