Fox wanted Watson. Mahomes was Pace's No 2 QB.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
Hold on a second so i can make sure i'm getting this right. You're saying i can't find any GM that drafted a player top 3 and didn't get fired the next season or are you saying at some point that GM did get fired whether it was 1-2-3-4-5 years after that pick? I mean it would be kinda silly to say that at some point in multiple years after that bad top 3 pick he was fired but how will you prove that he got fired ONLY because of that bad top 3 pick and not many many mistakes? It sounds like you're saying Pace could get fired if we have a couple more bad years which would not mean it was cause of just the Trubisky pick so please make sense of what you're trying to say?

Pace should be fired because he drafted Mitch and not Watson or Mahomes.

I mean I could contextualise it more but that is my position in a nutshell.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Well you're right about one thing for sure and that's that sometimes i only read like the first line or just a couple of certain posters posts because i know i can guess what the rest will say or i just don't really read either all of or any of certain posters posts. Like i didn't read some long post you made like a page back that was a reply to one of my posts. I can't spend as much time as many of you do on here cause i can't handle that much negativity. I'll come on here and go crazy for like 20/30 minutes (like i'm doing now) going back and forth with some of the morons but then i'll stay away from here for a while. I can't do it like some of you with all the negativity all day and night long.

Thank you for admitting that you do not read, and simply comment and make personal attacks. It adds clarity to your posting.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Pace should be fired because he drafted Mitch and not Watson or Mahomes.

I mean I could contextualise it more but that is my position in a nutshell.

That is fair. Not all mistakes are created equal.

That mistake was a devastating blow to the organization and will be made even more obvious when we get to watch the Chiefs and Texans in the playoffs again.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I am just not sure about the logic of relying on a guy who has failed twice to address the QB position to all of a sudden figure it out and fix it?

Fool me once [Glennon] shame on you.
Fool me twice [Mitch] shame on me.

There is no third time in the saying because who keeps going back to that same person.

Hahahaha you're really reaching now with the Glennon one year deal. Pace has failed once on picking the QB for the Bears with Trubisky and Glennon for one year is nothing but you keep on reaching windy.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
Here is an analogy.

I am a Project Manager for the Department of Conservation in the Fiordland National Park in NZ. I currently have 14 projects on my computer in front of me.

One is a $3m hut build on one of the most beautiful tracks in the world. It is in the middle of nowhere and will involve transporting all the materials and personnel by helicopter, while avoiding avalanches and rockfall risks. The hut will have 60 mainly international visitors passing through it daily during its lifetime. If it fails, it has a huge reputational risk to the organization.

I also have some other projects that involve putting a winter toilet in a bird park and building a gate next to a lake.

If I fail with the hut build and it goes way over budget or someone dies when it collapses, I will 100% get fired. Even if I nail the toilet and the gate.

Can you see how this analogy might apply to Ryan Pace and the Bears. The only difference is that my employers will judge me on my performance with the hut and not how shiny the gate is.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Optimism does not mean being blind to the actual reality of a situation. It means maintaining a positive spirit to continue to seek a solution to any given problem. And it means recognizing that any given situation has many different aspects—positive as well as problematic. [Dalai Lama]

I recognize the problem: Pace cannot evaluate the QB position.

I am positive: about the fact that he will eventually be fired, perhaps not till 2021.

I recognize different aspects: that he has built a strong defense and has been an average talent evaluator outside of QB.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Hahahaha you're really reaching now with the Glennon one year deal. Pace has failed once on picking the QB for the Bears with Trubisky and Glennon for one year is nothing but you keep on reaching windy.

It is a failed evaluation. He paid Glennon 18 million dollars to start 4 games. He was so bad in that time they had to rush Trubisky onto the field.

It was a failed evaluation.

No where near as the monumental and franchise altering failure with Mitch Trubisky, but is was a failed evaluation.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:

The Trubisky failure is enough. The failure of the rest of his first round picks is just the sweetcorn in the turd.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Honest question and please see if you can answer without a personal attack.

Why should anyone have faith in Pace to pick the next QB?

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Lol, no, it's not a huge jump. He's still ranked above plenty of qbs that have won sbs.

Quite a few of those guys will be 30+ in three years. Others haven't proven they are the core. Again, you're making assumptions that really aren't there. Leno and Smith especially have taken giant steps back.
Right but are you going to say Roquan won’t be on the roster in 3 years? He’s 22 years of age. He’s gonna be there. Do you wanna point who other than Khalil, who could still be productive at that age, will be 30+ in 3 years?

Also I don’t know what part of the word “subjective” you don’t understand. To some moving from 7th to 4th on the list of greatest QBs ever is a big deal. To others it might not be.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Thank you for admitting that you do not read, and simply comment and make personal attacks. It adds clarity to your posting.

Ummmmmmm you're welcome and i didn't say i don't read you moron. It seems like maybe you didn't read now...LOL. Keep putting your issues out there. I read plenty of posts and plenty of posts from the usual crew that have been so damn negative every single fucking day on here, that would be where you fit in, but i don't read the whole post every single time because certain people are very predictable on here and they say the same shit over and over and over again so all you need to do is read the beginning to know it's something i don't need to finish. I'm happy that you have the need to read the full posts that every poster makes but i don't need that much negativity in my life especially when it's just a message board with a ton of trolls on it. I love that the negative people hate on people for trying to stay positive. That tells me who have the real issues.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I blame everything on the Browns who were divided about taking either Garrett or Trubisky with the overall #1

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
They are absolutely without a doubt much more football smart then you or anyone else on here without a doubt. Unless you think that if you watch games and spend all you spare time on a message board talking about the Bears makes you football smart? I'm thinking that's what you think...Hahaha.
Yes the McCaskeys and their virtually empty trophy case really scream “WE ARE FOOTBALL SMART”.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Ummmmmmm you're welcome and i didn't say i don't read you moron. It seems like maybe you didn't read now...LOL. Keep putting your issues out there. I read plenty of posts and plenty of posts from the usual crew that have been so damn negative every single fucking day on here, that would be where you fit in, but i don't read the whole post every single time because certain people are very predictable on here and they say the same shit over and over and over again so all you need to do is read the beginning to know it's something i don't need to finish. I'm happy that you have the need to read the full posts that every poster makes but i don't need that much negativity in my life especially when it's just a message board with a ton of trolls on it. I love that the negative people hate on people for trying to stay positive. That tells me who have the real issues.

You said you do not read the entire post. Reading fragments of peoples thoughts doesn't really count as reading. If you read the title of the book it doesn't mean you read the book. Even if it is "predictable" and the "same thing" you need to read 90% of something to be considered fluently reading it. If you are not fluently reading it your brain is not actually processing it in a meaningful way. That is why when we schim things we do not have very good retention or abstract control of it.

Negativity is not an issue when it is warranted.

Staying positive is great, but positivity does not always line up with reality. The reality is that this is not a good football team and it has some critical weaknesses. No amount of positivity is going to make Mitch unsuck.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Honest question and please see if you can answer without a personal attack.

Why should anyone have faith in Pace to pick the next QB?

It's actually really simple and don't know why you don't already know this since i've said it so much and it's 100% the truth but here it goes again. There is nobody.....NOBODY that can see the future and say what any player coming out of college will be at the next level before that player gets there and plays there. There are plenty of well respected "draft experts" that loved Trubisky and thought he was the best QB in the draft. It was the wrong pick because it just didn't work out or he was put in the wrong system or he just hasn't been able to make that transition because he isn't strong enough mentally. Whatever the reason was it wasn't anything that anyone could see before they actually got to see him play in the NFL. I truly believe if A.Reid would of drafted him that it would be a whole different story with him right now. So maybe the issue is Nagy. Again, i don't know why but i do know that nobody knew before they actually saw it and it's obviously too late then.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
You said you do not read the entire post. Reading fragments of peoples thoughts doesn't really count as reading. If you read the title of the book it doesn't mean you read the book. Even if it is "predictable" and the "same thing" you need to read 90% of something to be considered fluently reading it. If you are not fluently reading it your brain is not actually processing it in a meaningful way. That is why when we schim things we do not have very good retention or abstract control of it.

Negativity is not an issue when it is warranted.

Staying positive is great, but positivity does not always line up with reality. The reality is that this is not a good football team and it has some critical weaknesses. No amount of positivity is going to make Mitch unsuck.

Didn't read but thank you for replying.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It's actually really simple and don't know why you don't already know this since i've said it so much and it's 100% the truth but here it goes again. There is nobody.....NOBODY that can see the future and say what any player coming out of college will be at the next level before that player gets there and plays there. There are plenty of well respected "draft experts" that loved Trubisky and thought he was the best QB in the draft. It was the wrong pick because it just didn't work out or he was put in the wrong system or he just hasn't been able to make that transition because he isn't strong enough mentally. Whatever the reason was it wasn't anything that anyone could see before they actually got to see him play in the NFL. I truly believe if A.Reid would of drafted him that it would be a whole different story with him right now. So maybe the issue is Nagy. Again, i don't know why but i do know that nobody knew before they actually saw it and it's obviously too late then.

That is a reason that picking QB is hard and I agree that it is hard. But we know it is not just a dice roll or blind luck. Some teams are better than others at evaluating QBs.

Nothing in your response is about Pace.

So, why should we have faith in Pace to pick the next QB?

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Right but are you going to say Roquan won’t be on the roster in 3 years? He’s 22 years of age. He’s gonna be there. Do you wanna point who other than Khalil, who could still be productive at that age, will be 30+ in 3 years?

Also I don’t know what part of the word “subjective” you don’t understand. To some moving from 7th to 4th on the list of greatest QBs ever is a big deal. To others it might not be.
If roquan continues to play like trash, he absolutely will not be on the roster. Fuller and whitehair will also be 30. Leno could be gone if his descent continues. And in not sure he's good enough to be considered the core anyway. Plus, like I've said, there will end up being major roster turnover in that many years, and your core isn't much to build around because the bears fucked up that draft so bad.

And no, 7 to 4 isn't a major jump. It's not subjective in the slightest. Like I've said, Marino has been given his due. He hasn't been slighted all that much.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
It's almost as if drafting 20-22 year old's into a highly competitive field where thousands of your followers think they can do better than you isn't an exact science.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It's almost as if drafting 20-22 year old's into a highly competitive field where thousands of your followers think they can do better than you isn't an exact science.

It isn’t. No one is suggesting it is.

But we can’t just go ho hum we missed just keep swinging. As you stated this is a highly competitive field and not 5 year old tee ball.