Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It sucks so bad that you are right. With the exception of Bridgewater, there isn't anything out there other than a stop gap guy. Use 2020 to build up the line and get a TE, then address it in the 2021 draft when we actually have some draft capital.

2020 gonna be a lame duck season.
If Bridgewater moves from the Saints, it wont be for a stopgap deal.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Windy, am I missing something with Foles? Does the dead cap hit change if he is traded?

Showing dead cap hit of 12.5 million if cut before 2021 season and 6.2 if before 2022.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Windy, am I missing something with Foles? Does the dead cap hit change if he is traded?

Showing dead cap hit of 12.5 million if cut before 2021 season and 6.2 if before 2022.

They would eat his signing bonus when they trade him.

The remainder of the signing bonus would go on their cap in 2020 and come off the deal.

s0Lstar18

Liked Posts:
If the Bears trade for Nick Foles they would be saving the Jaguars 16 million in guaranteed salaries and bonuses.

The price for the Browns to absorb Osweilers 18 million was a 2nd. I would be willing to take Foles off their books for a 3rd because we actually need the QB.
This would be the smart thing to do. Get a guy who’s a leader, knows the system and new OC and who can throw shitty Mitch on the bench while you develop or draft a guy for the rest of his non guaranteed portion of his contract and get a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick. This team would rally behind him like the eagles did and he’s shown he can play big boy football and not look dumb, confused and like he wants to cry before every snap and press conference.

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
What teams are in need of a QB? I don’t think Mariota’s agent would be looking into his clients best interests if something like this prevented him from an opportunity.

I think any veteran QB is going to look for an opportunity to compete and play. Mitch hasn’t played a full season (injury) and is facing a lot of public criticism. Chicago is probably a decent option. All he has to do is get a new agent. Not that uncommon at all.