Fuck the division among the fan base....let's simplify the question

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
We all know fans have a difference in opinion on how to approach the QB situation. Whether to draft one at #3, trade up into the 1st round, trade for JG/McKrakken, make a run at Taylor if he becomes available etc.....

There's been months of this shit going on and quite frankly, it's fucking annoying and tiring already. Let's break it down and perhaps try to find some common ground. No matter what Pace does....do you all have confidence in the direction Pace has the team headed in, and do you trust him in finding a QB and leading this team into the future? I've seen a lot of comments like "I want 'X' to happen, but if Pace chooses 'Y' I'll trust him...." I myself am probably in that category. So save your couch GMing and evaluations for now.....do you trust Pace and do you think he's going to right the ship? There's a lot to love about Pace so far, and of course, anyone can point out some negatives or less than stellar moves so far. It shouldn't have to be said, that a GM isn't 100% perfect...especially when they inherited such a horrendous roster. Anyways, that's about all I have to say....what do you guys think?

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I want him to get a young promising QB. Whether that is Jimmy or someone in the draft, I don't really care, just give me a reason to watch the Bears again and give us a shot at being good in the future. I think he will deliver and will trust whatever young QB he decides to go with until proven otherwise. I would be extremely pissed if he went out and signed Romo just because he wants to win 8 games next season to save his ass.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We all know fans have a difference in opinion on how to approach the QB situation. Whether to draft one at #3, trade up into the 1st round, trade for JG/McKrakken, make a run at Taylor if he becomes available etc.....

There's been months of this shit going on and quite frankly, it's fucking annoying and tiring already. Let's break it down and perhaps try to find some common ground. No matter what Pace does....do you all have confidence in the direction Pace has the team headed in, and do you trust him in finding a QB and leading this team into the future? I've seen a lot of comments like "I want 'X' to happen, but if Pace chooses 'Y' I'll trust him...." I myself am probably in that category. So save your couch GMing and evaluations for now.....do you trust Pace and do you think he's going to right the ship? There's a lot to love about Pace so far, and of course, anyone can point out some negatives or less than stellar moves so far. It shouldn't have to be said, that a GM isn't 100% perfect...especially when they inherited such a horrendous roster. Anyways, that's about all I have to say....what do you guys think?

huh?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I want him to get a young promising QB. Whether that is Jimmy or someone in the draft, I don't really care, just give me a reason to watch the Bears again and give us a shot at being good in the future. I think he will deliver and will trust whatever young QB he decides to go with until proven otherwise. I would be extremely pissed if he went out and signed Romo just because he wants to win 8 games next season to save his ass.

double huh?

Enasic

Liked Posts:

So basically....you trust him if he goes out and gets a young QB prospect with some potential, but not if he goes the stop-gap route while drafting a developmental QB in the 2nd or 3rd? That's not really answering the question in its truest form, but none the less, is more than suffice. For what it's worth, I don't think Pace is looking for the stop gap route. He realizes the Bears position right now, and what moving on from Jay signals. A QB starved city moving on from its biggest disappointment in history, he's looking to solve the problem long term. I personally trust whatever he decides to do. Especially since if he gets the secondary juiced up, the defense should be extremely good. He doesn't need to find the next Aaron Rodgers. He just needs to find a smart QB that protects the ball, and can make big plays when they're presented. Not quite a game manager, but not a 1st tier QB either.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Matt Broccoli

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I've been switching between trading a QB and drafting a QB. I just hopes whatever they do works out and if not fire them because them because it's an easy choice. (sarcasm)

Patrick Mahomes II is my favorite right now. Maybe Trub if he's 6'2 or taller.

patrick-mahomes-ii-of-the-texas-tech-red-raiders-on-the-field-before-picture-id611795368.jpg

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Let's go over the question again....put aside what you think needs to be done or that you want to be done...but do you trust Pace going forward? Specifically, as it pertains to the QB situation.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I've been switching between trading a QB and drafting a QB. I just hopes whatever they do works out and if not fire them because them because it's an easy choice. (sarcasm)

It really just depends on the cost of the trade. If we get to keep #3 and it only costs our 2nd rounder for JG, then I would be okay with that. In no situation would I want to give up a first rounder.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
It really just depends on the cost of the trade. If we get to keep #3 and it only costs our 2nd rounder for JG, then I would be okay with that. In no situation would I want to give up a first rounder.

I'd like that. I trust Pace has a much higher football IQ than I do.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:

This is my position too. Romo would be a waste of resources and I don't want to wait until the middle rounds for the QB. Give me one of Kizer, Trubisky, Watson (as a preference) or Garoppolo and I'd be happy. McCarron or Mahomes at a push. Just not Glennon or Kaaya. Peterman if you also take someone else.

Beast15

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Browns have boatload of ammo, as with compensatory picks being tradable now. If they even go JG route. I wouldn't hate JG, but I hope pace can identify and get rookie in draft

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
As long as we get Watson or Kiser I'll be happy.I still want to go into the season with 2 new QB's,preferably Romo and Watson.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

EL ROCKSTEADY

CBMB Refugee
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Thus far, outside of Kevin White I like pace's direction together with what John Fox is doing. The Kevin White thing could still pan out. In reality either way we approach the QB position, odds are crap it is successful. My take? Is JG better or have better upside than Watson? Would you pay JG big money? I sure as hell wouldnt. Id rather bust on a draft pick than bust on an expensive/over priced FA or trade scenario. Watson all the way. It almost like the guy is straight up viable because he was a back up qb on a super bowl winning team. The hype train is crap especially for a 1st round asking price.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was hoping the Bears could convince Joe Montana to come out of retirement.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
So uhh.....do you guys trust Pace or not? The question wasn't to bring forth your couch GMing skills but your overall confidence in Pace.....

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So basically....you trust him if he goes out and gets a young QB prospect with some potential, but not if he goes the stop-gap route while drafting a developmental QB in the 2nd or 3rd? That's not really answering the question in its truest form, but none the less, is more than suffice. For what it's worth, I don't think Pace is looking for the stop gap route. He realizes the Bears position right now, and what moving on from Jay signals. A QB starved city moving on from its biggest disappointment in history, he's looking to solve the problem long term. I personally trust whatever he decides to do. Especially since if he gets the secondary juiced up, the defense should be extremely good. He doesn't need to find the next Aaron Rodgers. He just needs to find a smart QB that protects the ball, and can make big plays when they're presented. Not quite a game manager, but not a 1st tier QB either.

Reading between the tea leaves, the only thing I'm getting from you is, don't draft a QB at 3!