Game of Thrones Thread

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Well at least the Mad Spartan is owning his madness. Hopefully the Mad Queen does the same.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Some questions they seriously need to answer in this last episode.

Did Jon reject Dany cause he has a hang up with incest or was the boat sex not that good?

Why was Cersei happy to see Jaime return? If you put a hit out on somebody and then find they are still alive, would you not be disappointed?

Can Bran procreate? He seems useless in more ways than one. Won't Tyrion have the same concern of a successor for him that he had with Dany?

Are we not gonna address the white horse in the room... or KL, calmly waiting for Arya amidst the destruction going on? The horse belonged to Harry Strickland, leader of the Golden Company who was swallowed up by dragon fire at the very beginning of the Mad Queen's "doing it for daddy" attack.

Behold the pale horse and his name, that sat on him, was Death and Hell followed with him.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:

Almost a million lol

Wonder if Disney will change their minds about hiring jack off and jack off for the next trilogy

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm hoping Bran simply explodes in this last episode

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I'm hoping Bran simply explodes in this last episode

This aggression will not stand, man!

Ruprecht's machinations have been getting a lot of undeserved attention recently. Permit me this forum to rant. Although the moral-absolutist position is well represented by social and political activists and unequivocally influences legislators and policy makers, we have a problem, and we need to solve it. I mean really solve it—not put a Band-Aid on it, not whitewash over it, not look the other way. I, hardheaded cynic that I am, propose we start by testing the assumptions that underlie Ruprecht's scribblings as that will get people thinking about how Ruprecht uses the very intellectual tools he criticizes, namely consequentialist arguments rather than arguments about truth or falsity.

Today, as yesterday, each time we see Ruprecht make us dependent on furacious racketeers for political representation, economic support, social position, and psychological approval, we should realize that keeping the victims of his actions in our thoughts and prayers is not enough. It does not capture the heartache and grief and anger that we should feel. It does nothing to prevent Ruprecht from inflicting the same horror someplace else. That's why I tell people that people are not hostage to their identities. They have imagination, morality, principle, and a will to put to rest barbaric and sinister ipse dixits such as Ruprecht's. Most of all, they possess the knowledge that it is not necessary to continue living with the risks induced by Ruprecht's temeritous insinuations in order reap the cautionary benefits bestowed by the knowledge that Ruprecht argues that he serves as wisdom to the mighty and succor to the brave. To maintain this thesis, Ruprecht naturally has had to shovel away a mountain of evidence, which he does by the desperate expedient of claiming that his writings are a veritable encyclopedia of everything that is directly pertinent to mankind's spiritual and intellectual development.

In such a brief letter as this, I certainly cannot refute all the insults of voluble psychopaths but perhaps I can brush away some of their most deliberate and flagrant inclinations. Having eviscerated from his local community all notions of fairness, equality, and justice, Ruprecht has recently taken to keeping essential documents hidden from the public until they become politically moot. Doing so is clear evidence that he always looks the other way when one of his vassals gets it in his head to push all of us to the brink of insanity. Apparently, the principle laid down by Jean-Marie Collot d'Herbois during the French Reign of Terror still holds true today: Tout est permis à quiconque agit dans le sens de la révolution. I claim that I support those who exercise the right to peacefully protest. I don't, however, support anyone shocking and stampeding the public into accepting total fascist tyranny. At one point, I actually believed that Ruprecht would stop being so meddlesome. Silly me.

I, hardheaded cynic that I am, must point out that Ruprecht maintains that he values our perspectives. However, whatever your age, you now have only one choice. That choice is between a democratic, peace-loving regime that, you hope, may call your attention to the problem of lascivious erastophiliacs and, as the alternative, the unregenerate and fiendish dirigisme currently being forced upon us by Ruprecht. Choose carefully because I wouldn't waste my time trying to serve on the side of Truth if Ruprecht's bunco games weren't parroted by so many inaniloquent suborners of perjury. We can therefore extrapolate that if Ruprecht can one day keep essential documents hidden from the public until they become politically moot then the long descent into night is sure to follow.

I love hearing the claims of an unfriendly loudmouth who doesn't realize that he's an unfriendly loudmouth. As a case in point, consider Ruprecht's claim that sin is good for the soul. Such claims always make me laugh because, as we all know, Ruprecht's policy is to provoke chuffy, raffish stupes into action. Then, he uses their responses in whatever way he sees fit, generally to prey on people's fear of political and economic instability. “What's that?”, I hear you ask. “Is it true that you and I obviously have a lot more class than Ruprecht?” Why, yes, it is.

I do not avouch that Ruprecht is a champion of liberty and individual expression. Similarly, I do not proclaim that principles don't matter. However, I do profess that Ruprecht has been known to gag the innocent accused from protesting fetishism-motivated prosecutions. That always spurs on his accomplices to present a false image to the world by hiding unpleasant but vitally important realities about his quips. That, in turn, encourages Ruprecht to rifle, pillage, plunder, and loot. This cycle inevitably, inexorably ratchets upwards and outwards until at last some beggarly, waspish autocrat winds up focusing too much on one side of the equation and not enough on the broader perspective of things.

I think that there is more wisdom to be found in three of Aesop's fables than in the sum total of everything that Ruprecht has ever written. With this central point cleared up, the rest of his arguments are rendered moot, as we were put on this planet to be active, to struggle, and to oppose evil wherever it rears its unrestrained, unprincipled head. We were not put here to progressively enlarge and increasingly centralize the means of oppression, exploitation, violence, and destruction, as Ruprecht might believe. He should stop telling everyone that his pleas are innovative. More apt words for them might be “static” or “stale” or perhaps even the phrase, “been done” with the possible addition, “too often.” What I'm getting at is that Ruprecht wants to control every aspect of our lives. He wants us to rise, fall asleep, work, and live at the beat of a drum. Then, once we're molded into a uniform mass, we'll be incapable of seeing that Ruprecht has been doing everything in his power to prevent people like me from spreading the word about his contumelious homilies to our friends, our neighbors, our relatives, our co-workers—even to strangers. To that end, he has manufactured a long list of eyebrow-raising accusations that often read more like wild-eyed conspiracy theories than serious discourse. Ironically, we should be accusing him of trampling over the very freedoms and rights that he claims to support.

Unfortunately, Ruprecht's feebleminded, ignominious allegations neglect to take one important factor into consideration: human nature. Ruprecht should clarify his point so people like you and me can tell what the heck he's talking about. Without clarification, Ruprecht's traducements sound lofty and include some emotionally charged words but don't really seem to make any sense. I don't just want to make a point. I don't just want to grant people the freedom to pursue any endeavor they deem fitting to their skills, talent, and interest. I'm here to give an alternate solution, a better one. I don't just ask rhetorical questions; I have answers. That's why I'm telling you that in his limited horizon he himself is the important object. As a sequence to this self-conceit, Ruprecht imagines that a richly evocative description of a problem automatically implies the correct solution to that problem. We therefore need to explain to him that his foolhardy reportages form an “ideology” in Marx's sense. That is, they represent a system of ideas designed to cloak, rationalize, and defend an unjust set of relationships. For instance, Ruprecht's ideology denies that I, speaking as someone who is not a dangerous cardsharp, would honestly like to believe that Ruprecht acts with our interests in mind. I really would. But Ruprecht sure makes it difficult to believe such things. For instance, he will reap a whirlwind of destroyed marriages, damaged children, and, quite possibly, a globe-wide expression of incurable sexually transmitted diseases sometime soon. When that event happens, a darkness and evil exceeding anything seen in history will descend over the world. I can hope only that before it does, people will spark a debate on inclusiveness, respect, and tolerance. Only then can we sway people toward the realization that Ruprecht's treatises are a zero-sum game. That is, what helps Ruprecht and his galère inevitably harms us. What benefits us must hurt them. The logical conclusion to draw is that Ruprecht has been inaugurating an era of officious mandarinism. It's time to even the score. I, for one, suggest that we begin by notifying people of the fact that Ruprecht's primary goal is to turn peaceful gatherings into embarrassing scandals. All of his other objectives are secondary to this one supreme purpose. That's why you must always remember that Ruprecht's remonstrations are colored and flavored to appeal to larcenous, inane skinheads. To enter adequately into details or particulars upon this subject in such a short letter as this is quite out of the question. Hence, I will only remark here, in a general way but with all the emphasis of earnestness and truth, that Ruprecht insists that he has an independent mind, rigorous intellect, impeccable credentials, and a record of excellence and integrity. This is a rather strong notion from someone who knows so little about the subject.

Ruprecht's cullionly dream is starting to come true. Liberties are being killed by attrition. Bulverism is being installed by accretion. The only way that we can reverse these tyrannical trends is to catalogue Ruprecht's swindles and perversions. To be precise, if you've never seen him create a factitious demand for his uppish witticisms, you're either incredibly unobservant or are concealing the truth from yourself.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I love how the Unsullied and Dothraki respawn after ever battle. Shit is unreal.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I love how the Unsullied and Dothraki respawn after ever battle. Shit is unreal.

I'm sure they suffered minimal casualties in the last one though. Half hour in and it seems like they very well may have written the last episode first and fit everything to lead to this.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'm sure they suffered minimal casualties in the last one though. Half hour in and it seems like they very well may have written the last episode first and fit everything to lead to this.

Oh I know but they still look bigger than when the battle started.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Drogon like you lucky you a Targ bitch.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Bran smug ass look like he been fucking waiting 8 seasons for this.

Houston

Liked Posts:
By far the worst episode of the series. I had low expectations but I never thought it would be this bad.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Well not sure what to say after that

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Bran being king is absolute horseshit. Other than that though, I actually enjoyed the final episode.