CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Hey, Greyworm and Jon seem to have some beef this season. I wonder if there was an incident that took place that might give Greyworm justification to kill Jon. Nah, just send him off to the black.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Could be worse. You could be Dany's longest ally and ready to liberate the world with her to not even being shown as being upset when she is murdered.

Dothraki be like, "Queen is murdered. Let's go home and prepare for the Belmont stakes."

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Yes people come here to discuss the show. The good, the bad, and the ugly. That is in keeping with the premise of this thread. You seem to come here to discuss your frustrations with other posters posts. Perhaps instead you can engage with those that are like minded and discuss the aspects of the show you enjoyed. Just a thought.

Read posts before you post. You get very upset when I bring up the good parts of the show and constantly critique my critique. Stop being a hypocrite and whining about anything positive being mentioned and ruining you bitchfest.

Great episode, by far best of a weak season 8, well written and acted.

Now by all means, continue to cry about how miserable you are.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Well I suppose the argument would be that Greyworm was following his Queen's orders. Jon by contrast murdered someone he bent the knee too. In this world, loyalty to your King or Queen seems to trump all as even Jamie was looked down upon for murdering the Mad King. He was only protected because of the power Tywin had.

What was odd to me is that Greyworm and the Dothraki were just like, "Fuck it let's go home now after these dudes murdered our Queen." I could maybe see Greyworm doing it but you would think the Dothraki would take it as an opportunity to rape and pillage.
I mean pretty sure killing innocents falls under war crimes but whatevs. It's not like the Nazis got a pass because they were following Hitler's order. It's all relative to which side ends up winning the war as to who is guilty of what 'crimes'.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Could be worse. You could be Dany's longest ally and ready to liberate the world with her to not even being shown as being upset when she is murdered.

Dothraki be like, "Queen is murdered. Let's go home and prepare for the Belmont stakes."
They did kind of jump forward in time though, so who knows how their initial reaction was like.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Well we pretty much know the cons of this episode/season. Imo it was shit

But some of the good

Tyrion is a bad ass actor. His scenes when he finds Jamie and Cersei and him throwing the hand pin were really good
Arya 30 second pep talk from the hound didn’t make her settle down turn into a lady but to become Christopher Columbus
Sansa character was probably done the best. She always wanted to be a lady and move south marry a king. Things she witnessed and learned made her love the north and she became the queen of the north. Big change from what she was season one to now

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Read posts before you post. You get very upset when I bring up the good parts of the show and constantly critique my critique. Stop being a hypocrite and whining about anything positive being mentioned and ruining you bitchfest.

Now by all means, continue to cry about how miserable you are.

I don't comment on your positive posts so not sure what you are talking about. Your posts always throw shade at people who disagree. That is what I responded to.

Great episode, by far best of a weak season 8, well written and acted. I understand you are all compelled to bash it, hive mind and all.

What I wanted, as Drogon scoops up his mom's body and begins to fly off, Jon Snow shouts out at the dragon, "can I get my dagger back?".

You wanted the autistic wizard to have more pizazz? I swear to god you guys are the worst.

I'm glad the show is over and all you limp dick fan fiction writers can go back to, I have no idea where you freaks came from in the first place.

The bold is obviously the part I was criticizing. I would not have said anything if you had just stuck with "Great episode, by far best of a weak season 8, well written and acted." Pretty disingenuous though to leave off the part where you complain about hive minds and call people limp dicks because they have a different view than yours.

All I see is people discussing the show respectfully and you ranting like an old man telling people to get off your lawn because they disagree with you about a TV show of all things. If I or anyone else commented that you were a limp dick for liking the show then please let me know.

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I mean pretty sure killing innocents falls under war crimes but whatevs. It's not like the Nazis got a pass because they were following Hitler's order. It's all relative to which side ends up winning the war as to who is guilty of what 'crimes'.

Greyworm didn't kill innocents. It was Dany that did so. Greyworm attacked soldiers because his Queen refused their surrender. Those soldiers would have ended up attacking at some point once Dany continued to burn civilians so Greyworm simply attacked before they did. His killing the soldiers at the start of the show is also not war crimes in the world of this show and was on Dany's orders. I would agree that in the end it is somewhat relative but Greyworm is on the side of the winners here and controls a formidable army. So I would say whether you kill enemy soldiers after a battle is up to discretion as opposed to war crimes. The only war crimes would be Dany's slaughter of innocents. If all she had done was order the soldiers be killed then people may not like it but I doubt anyone would have killed her over it.

They did kind of jump forward in time though, so who knows how their initial reaction was like.

Well you would think the guys that have been with her the longest deserved for their reaction to be shown in some form or fashion.

Last edited:

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Big Bang Theory finale>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>GOT

Houston

Liked Posts:
In the past Dany dying would have been the end of an episode. Now we don't even get a full episode to deal with the aftermath.

But we did get two full episodes of people mostly just hanging out at the beginning of the season. I guess that was more important...

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe it was just me, but we thought Tyrion crying in the beginning was really bad acting. Cringe worthy.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I don't comment on your positive posts so not sure what you are talking about. Your posts always throw shade at people who disagree. That is what I responded to.

The bold is obviously the part I was criticizing. I would not have said anything if you had just stuck with "Great episode, by far best of a weak season 8, well written and acted." Pretty disingenuous though to leave off the part where you complain about hive minds and call people limp dicks because they have a different view than yours.

All I see is people discussing the show respectfully and you ranting like an old man telling people to get off your lawn because they disagree with you about a TV show of all things. If I or anyone else commented that you were a limp dick for liking the show then please let me know.

You don't even notice all the paragraphs you spend complaining about me, then occasionally going back to complaining about the show. You seem like a genuinely miserable guy, being that unhappy constantly must make you very unpleasant to be around.

Lighten up.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Greyworm didn't kill innocents. It was Dany that did so. Greyworm attacked soldiers because his Queen refused their surrender. Those soldiers would have ended up attacking at some point once Dany continued to burn civilians so Greyworm simply attacked before they did. His killing the soldiers at the start of the show is also not war crimes in the world of this show and was on Dany's orders. I would agree that in the end it is somewhat relative but Greyworm is on the side of the winners here and controls a formidable army. So I would say whether you kill enemy soldiers after a battle is up to discretion as opposed to war crimes. The only war crimes would be Dany's slaughter of innocents. If all she had done was order the soldiers be killed then people may not like it but I doubt anyone would have killed her over it.
I think the Unsullied were killing innocent civilians as well. Not positive, but we did certainly see the Northmen of the army raping women sooooo...

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You don't even notice all the paragraphs you spend complaining about me, then occasionally going back to complaining about the show. You seem like a genuinely miserable guy, being that unhappy constantly must make you very unpleasant to be around.

Lighten up.

Says the guy that insults people because of a TV show. LMFAO.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think the Unsullied were killing innocent civilians as well. Not positive, but we did certainly see the Northmen of the army raping women sooooo...

Not sure if the Unsullied did or not but certainly not Greyworm so blaming him if they did would be like blaming Jon because the Northman tried to rape people.

Keep in mind they are eunuchs so no real reason for them to be like the Northmen raping and pillaging.

Also Greyworm was reasonable in the end and chose to honor Missandei and sale for her homeland Naath presumably to protect her people from slavers. So really not a character that would just kill civilians. He ultimately has a sense of justice and fairness. Killing soldiers is oje thing but killing innocents quite another.

Last edited:

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
In the past Dany dying would have been the end of an episode. Now we don't even get a full episode to deal with the aftermath.

But we did get two full episodes of people mostly just hanging out at the beginning of the season. I guess that was more important...

Yes, there was a lot of time wasted in this final season. 2 episodes of kumbaya and even in this episode, Tyrion wandering around for 15min looking for his bro. Fuck it, done now and I can think back to the good parts when I want. But so many opportunities to make this epic....

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Yeah, but did you see what she did to half her forces? Dothraki be like, snow? WTF, time to go home.