Gardening

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
Anybody else have one? I raise corn and tomatoes. Currently a lot of gardens in our area have been taken over by coons. My dad lost all his corn.

I plan on going out tonight and putting pepper around my garden. Anyone else know any good tricks?

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Lawn chair and a shotgun work pretty well for coons.

In Southern IL we have had a problem with Japanese Beetles ruining gardens. They aren't as bad as they once were.

We had these bags all around our garden and all they pretty much did was attract more and more beetles. The bags got so full they bent the metal rod it was held up on.

Seven dust seems to work, for a while at least.

Reactions: X

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
My favorite teams
Chicago Bulls
Pepper doesn't work that well. Human urine does, just don't pee on the plants or in the topsoil(because thats kind of sick) just mark off an area nearby.

X

Donator
So, I read that if you put a bar of soap in a cup of water around your garden, it will repel deer and other wildlife.

Sounds like bullshit.

So anyway, I got 2 bars of soap that I cut in half, put in solo cups half full of water, and buried them about halfway at 4 various locations in the garden.

I then unload a shitload of pepper around the perimeter.

I'll keep you updated :shifty:

X

Donator
Lawn chair and a shotgun work pretty well for coons.

In Southern IL we have had a problem with Japanese Beetles ruining gardens. They aren't as bad as they once were.

We had these bags all around our garden and all they pretty much did was attract more and more beetles. The bags got so full they bent the metal rod it was held up on.

Seven dust seems to work, for a while at least.
that seven dust is some nasty shit bro...cleaned up my garden overnight.

nwfisch

#NeverTrump
Donator
My parents grow tomatoes, pumpkins, rhubarb and cucumbers, though the cucumbers haven't come yet.

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator

Just picked those muh fuckas the other day.

We only have two tomato plants some radishes and a few squashes this year but plan to do more next year.

We also pick alot of mulberries.

Gustavus Adolphus

Shoe Salesman of the Year
Donator
My favorite teams
Chicago White Sox Chicago Bulls Chicago Bears Chicago Blackhawks Nebraska Cornhuskers, Villanova Wildcats
yeah, but I don't have the means for that right now... :(
Gotcha. Well good luck. Be sure to share what has worked. I have some raccoon problems as well (a skunk also). I haven't gardened yet at my house because I'm not sure what to do with that.