Gardening

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Gotcha. Well good luck. Be sure to share what has worked. I have some raccoon problems as well (a skunk also). I haven't gardened yet at my house because I'm not sure what to do with that.

I've got high hopes for the pepper. Used a shitload tho...hoping a combo of that, the soap and the seven dust I'm about to put on it does the trick.

I've planted late tomatoes (won't come in until mid-august) so I've got some major work to do still.

I'll keep ya posted :hi5:

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
What do you mean when you say pepper? Regular black pepper or cayenne?

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
What do you mean when you say pepper? Regular black pepper or cayenne?

4oz_Black_Pepper_Can.jpg

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
yeah, but I don't have the means for that right now... :(

Dude go to lowes you can get like cheap chicken fencing for nothing. I think I got like 25 feet for about 4 bucks.

Now the stakes well those are a bit more expensive.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Would have never thought that would be useful for that.

Meh, trick dad taught me several years ago to keep dogs outta trash...same concept. every animal goes where they do based on scent, primarily. They start sniffing around the garden, get a shitload of pepper in their nose...and they're not so excited about it.

Cayenne would probably work too...can't imagine getting a nose-full of that.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Dude go to lowes you can get like cheap chicken fencing for nothing. I think I got like 25 feet for about 4 bucks.

Now the stakes well those are a bit more expensive.

well, the bigger problem is, it's not technically my garden. I'm living in a rental property, and my landlord lives about 50 ft from me...it's her garden. She just elected to only use half of it this time (it's a huge garden) so she said I could use as much of the other half as I wanted. Wouldn't feel right fencing it in.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
well, the bigger problem is, it's not technically my garden. I'm living in a rental property, and my landlord lives about 50 ft from me...it's her garden. She just elected to only use half of it this time (it's a huge garden) so she said I could use as much of the other half as I wanted. Wouldn't feel right fencing it in.
Split the cost with the landlord?

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Split the cost with the landlord?

thought about it, but she really doesn't seem too interested. idk how her shit is still growing. I never see her water it or but any sort of bug deterrent on it...most of it looks ok tho.

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Kill her and take it for yourself.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
that time of year again. Doing Peppers (Sweet banana, serrano, cayenne and jalapeno) and tomatoes this year. :D Gonna start them inside in the next few days, hopefully.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I'm in my 6th season. I grow maters, Julius Peppers, strawberries, Lettuce, Kale, Brocolli, Cucumbers and other stuff.

TIL I learned I'm a ***** for growing veggies. Don't come knockin at my door when the world collapes bitches. I will shoot yuns

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I have my onions and tomatoes going indoors right now.

This off-season, I pooled stuff for my compost bin. My garage smelled awesome all winter. It was tea and coffee grinds, citrus, banana, and a few other peels mixed in with my starter(leaves, grass clippings, old pumpkins, and old charcoal). Two years ago I did a compost pile that smelt rancid after a month, but I got some really great tips from a farmer(like the old tea and coffee grinds) that really helped.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
My parents had rotten luck with tomatoes the past summer. They also grow Cucumbers, zuchini, pumpkins.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
How much space do they set aside for pumpkins? I tried pumpkins a long while back, and they suffocated most of my garden.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Gnona try an indoor seed-starter this year. tried last year and had very little luck. Just doing Peppers this year. Any tips?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Gnona try an indoor seed-starter this year. tried last year and had very little luck. Just doing Peppers this year. Any tips?
What went wrong last year?

I just make sure it's plenty warm and they plenty of water.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
How much space do they set aside for pumpkins? I tried pumpkins a long while back, and they suffocated most of my garden.

About 10 feet by 10 feet :shrug: my folks tried to grow potatoes next to em last year.