Gleyber Torres

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
This take is microwaved vomit. Name the Cubs reliever who would've gotten the final 8 outs in Game 5 of the World Series.
does not matter, the point being, they would not have won 2016, but having Torreys in the lineup they could have won, 2017, 18 going for the threepeat in 19. But for your question maybe the same guy that got the final outs in game 7?

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
LOLOLOLOLOOOLOLO. Go back to the Communist forum. Baseball is not your thing

Nothing on this board is your thing other than being unanimously considered the worst poster in its history, now go back to rotting away Gran Torino style.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Nothing on this board is your thing other than being unanimously considered the worst poster in its history, now go back to rotting away Gran Torino style.
Maybe basketball is more your thing?

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
does not matter, the point being, they would not have won 2016, but having Torreys in the lineup they could have won, 2017, 18 going for the threepeat in 19. But for your question maybe the same guy that got the final outs in game 7?
Gleybar Torres would not have been able to fix this shitfest this year and last

fatbeard

Liked Posts:

It's like a car crash and I can't look away.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
That's not how you evaluate trades

For this trade, it absolutely is. The Cubs went out and got a really good closer that was a reason why they won the World Series. Torres doesn't help them win it in 2016..

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
For this trade, it absolutely is. The Cubs went out and got a really good closer that was a reason why they won the World Series. Torres doesn't help them win it in 2016..

The playoffs are a coin flip, every smart baseball person believes that. So, okay, the Cubs went out and got Chapman and increased their coin flip chances by a fairly small amount. I'm not at all convinced that the Cubs don't win the WS without Chapman.

So the question I'm asking myself is would I have preferred to stick to my guns and go ahead and risk it without Chapman but get another 6-7 years of a perennial All-Star. And the answer is absolutely yes.

I'm more interested in a long-term success story than I am a one hit wonder.

Steve_A

Liked Posts:
The playoffs are a coin flip, every smart baseball person believes that. So, okay, the Cubs went out and got Chapman and increased their coin flip chances by a fairly small amount. I'm not at all convinced that the Cubs don't win the WS without Chapman.

So the question I'm asking myself is would I have preferred to stick to my guns and go ahead and risk it without Chapman but get another 6-7 years of a perennial All-Star. And the answer is absolutely yes.

Please don’t enjoy the championship then and keep on whining forever about a problem that can’t be reversed lol.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
"I fully acknowledge the playoffs are a coin flip so I wish I could trade the one championship the Cubs do actually have for a few more coin flips where they are unlikely to win anything at all because the playoffs are a coin flip" is a take so dumb only CCS could produce it.

Bask in its glory.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels

Keep flipping your coin. I'll enjoy 2016.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Keep flipping your coin. I'll enjoy 2016.

2016 was 3 years ago. Nobody cares anymore.

The last 2 years sucked and we are probably not going to win anytime soon. So I guess make sure to enjoy that too.

Steve_A

Liked Posts:

The last 2 years sucked and we are probably not going to win anytime soon. So I guess make sure to enjoy that too.
We’ll keep on cherishing the good times unlike the grumpy old bag you are lol.

Castor76

Liked Posts:

Tell that to the people from 100 years before then. Torres doesn't even make the majors until 2018. And ask Dodger fans how it feels to be good for a long time but no title to show for it.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Tell that to the people from 100 years before then. Torres doesn't even make the majors until 2018. And ask Dodger fans how it feels to be good for a long time but no title to show for it.

Dodgers are going to dominate the NL for the next 5 years. And they will almost certainly win one or more in that window. As I said, the playoffs are basically a coin flip. The goal is to get into the playoffs as often as possible and hope the stars align during one or more of those years. Look at the Nats this season. They certainly didn't go all-in for this run. Pitching and hitting just came together at the right time. They've had a lot of playoff appearances and it's finally hitting for them.

It's a lot of fun to have October baseball to look forward nearly every year. Cubs fans missed out this year and the future looks bleak.

Steve_A

Liked Posts:
Dodgers are going to dominate the NL for the next 5 years. And they will almost certainly win one or more in that window. As I said, the playoffs are basically a coin flip. The goal is to get into the playoffs as often as possible and hope the stars align during one or more of those years. Look at the Nats this season. They certainly didn't go all-in for this run. Pitching and hitting just came together at the right time. They've had a lot of playoff appearances and it's finally hitting for them.

It's a lot of fun to have October baseball to look forward nearly every year. Cubs fans missed out this year and the future looks bleak.
So Gleyber Torres himself would have carried the team huh?
So what if the future looks a bit bleaker without him?
Love and appreciate what you had and what you'll have going forward.
You whiners just want to keep on whining but the reality is that the CUBS will exist
and I'll keep on rooting for them even if they suck.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
So Gleyber Torres himself would have carried the team huh?

Nobody said that. But he was a 2 WAR player in 2018 (a year in which he missed quite a few games due to injuries) and he was a 3.6 WAR player this season. He's likely going to get better and is controlled until 2025. Giving that up hurts.

Steve_A

Liked Posts:
Nobody said that. But he was a 2 WAR player in 2018 (a year in which he missed quite a few games due to injuries) and he was a 3.6 WAR player this season. He's likely going to get better and is controlled until 2025. Giving that up hurts.
Agree with ya there but we can’t go what if-ing into the unknown.
What if he suffers an injury like Mr.Met David Wright did?
Time will tell certain things but don’t worry too much about the future you can’t control.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:

Folks, imagine how stupid you have to be to say, literally in back-to-back sentences, that the "playoffs are basically a coin flip" but that you can also guarantee the Dodgers will "almost certainly win one or more" championships in that window. That is a coin flip.

Now realize that someone here is actually that stupid.

It's breathtaking sometimes.