Gonna beef up the home security

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
So had a near break in experience last night...gonna get a security system and a firearm. Any suggestions?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
So had a near break in experience last night...gonna get a security system and a firearm. Any suggestions?

Dig a moat around your house, fill with razor wire and piss. Buy a 9mm with a bump stock and a 30 round clip.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Get yourself a Rango, but make sure you have a nice Umbrella policy because if he kills someone your liability likely won't cover all of it.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Get yourself a Rango, but make sure you have a nice Umbrella policy because if he kills someone your liability likely won't cover all of it.

You joke, but a big dog is a great deterrent. Most people who are out there breaking into houses to steal shit are looking for the path of least resistance. A GSD (or other large aggressive breed) barking and going crazy at the door is usually enough for the would be criminals to move along to someone else's house.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
You joke, but a big dog is a great deterrent. Most people who are out there breaking into houses to steal shit are looking for the path of least resistance. A GSD (or other large aggressive breed) barking and going crazy at the door is usually enough for the would be criminals to move along to someone else's house.

Truth

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:

Rango is like 40 pounds and barks like Spongebob, though.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Any dog that barks, helps a great deal. A big dog brings intimidation into play s9 big bonus there. You can go with a big firm like ADT (we have been happy) or get one more of a do it yourself plan. Either way, an alarm system works.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Your new roommate

Kimber-KS6-Stainless.png

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

I totally agree. I have a large dog who likes to bark. I don't have to worry about shit.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Grade 1 deadbolts with reinforced strike plates. Use the deadbolts. Many people just lock the knob because they don't want to take the 1 min to turn and lock the deadbolt. Make sure all the window locks work. If you have a sliding patio door check to see if it can be lifted out of the track. Good outside lighting. Big mean dog will serve as an alarm. Put some interior lights on timers to make it look like you're home. Never believed in alarms but if your police have a quick response time it won't hurt. If you live out in the country an alarm isn't much help. Security has been my business since 79.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Grade 1 deadbolts with reinforced strike plates. Use the deadbolts. Many people just lock the knob because they don't want to take the 1 min to turn and lock the deadbolt. Make sure all the window locks work. If you have a sliding patio door check to see if it can be lifted out of the track. Good outside lighting. Big mean dog will serve as an alarm. Put some interior lights on timers to make it look like you're home. Never believed in alarms but if your police have a quick response time it won't hurt. If you live out in the country an alarm isn't much help. Security has been my business since 79.

It doesn't take 1 minute to turn a deadbolt.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know but it takes long enough many people don't use them. Seen too many doors kicked in when the deadbolt wasn't used and their reason was they were in a hurry. You're right that it takes less than a minute.

Slim Cognito

BANNED
Liked Posts:
ROFLMFAO imagine securing you're home. If my home gets robbed I just literally re-purchase all my possessions and re-locate if necessary. Not that complicated.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
ROFLMFAO imagine securing you're home. If my home gets robbed I just literally re-purchase all my possessions and re-locate if necessary. Not that complicated.

Not just that, but use your homeowner insurance to upgrade your stolen Toshiba tv for an actual TV.

Slim Cognito

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Not just that, but use your homeowner insurance to upgrade your stolen Toshiba tv for an actual TV.
Lmao I would never allow an Toshiba product in my home to begin with, but that is a gr8 tip for poor folks like @Omeletpants who had the misfortune of being scammed out of their hard-earned dimes in exchange for an Toshiba PovertyVision.™

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
If my home gets robbed I just literally re-purchase all my possessions and re-locate if necessary.

This is exactly how I treat moving. That last week just leave all your doors open with handwritten signs that says "Free Stuff Inside!". Literally everything moved out without a penny spent.

Movers are a complete scam. Imagine paying someone to move your old broken down stuff when you can just pay for brand new stuff and literally save the economy in the process.

Shaking my head at all of you anti-America cheapskates!

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets