Hackers trying log-in to accounts here

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
RMS has the best and most accurate definition for hacking. And his definition is as relevant today, as it was before his own lifetime when it was used. Cracking is just a fact of computing.

Oh the years of my life lost to this debate. I really should stop carrying.

derosabomb

Joecawks is a dope
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
dear derosabomb,

someone has tried to log into your account on chicitysports, #1 chicago sports fan message board with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following ip address: 188.138.1.229

all the best,
chicitysports, #1 chicago sports fan message board

get em crys!!!

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Hackers took away my bears and b&i forum access.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
idk. Somewhat OT: Did u see that omelet crys makes in the food forum? I'm surprised it didn't crash the servers when he posted it.

I didn't know an omelet sandwich counted or that people just had a goto loaf of rye bread available at all times.

It did sound pretty delicious though.

Last edited:

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can anyone confirm that Xavier McPrawn did NOT receive a 24 hour ban over the weekend?

EDIT: JW... no documentation in VOTB.

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:

Came into my email 3 hours ago:

Dear Sunbiz1,

Someone has tried to log into your account on ChiCitySports, #1 Chicago Sports Fan Message Board with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 77.109.141.138

All the best,
ChiCitySports, #1 Chicago Sports Fan Message Board

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Got em, also.

Added human verification to the login screen after a single failed attempt. That should help curb the problem(as it seems to be going on everywhere).

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Also, I don't know why someone would go through the trouble of all this. The spam they are going after isn't a) effective or b) working here because we have a pretty elaborate and kick ass anti-spam system and c) awesome members report anything that gets through the cracks instantly.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Also, I don't know why someone would go through the trouble of all this. The spam they are going after isn't a) effective or b) working here because we have a pretty elaborate and kick ass anti-spam system and c) awesome members report anything that gets through the cracks instantly.

Are you sure it's not just Grimson trying to see what's going on in the Bar?

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Are you sure it's not just Grimson trying to see what's going on in the Bar?

I think it's BearsBud trying to get as many abandoned accounts so he can come back and post something, then log into alt accounts and thank himself a lot, while disliking you(jokes on him, disliking is disabled!)

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I think it's BearsBud trying to get as many abandoned accounts so he can come back and post something, then log into alt accounts and thank himself a lot, while disliking you(jokes on him, disliking is disabled!)
I like this theory.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

All you need to do to get him back is give his B&I access back. And with Trump running for POTUS, you know deep down that it's the right thing to do.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
All you need to do to get him back is give his B&I access back. And with Trump running for POTUS, you know deep down that it's the right thing to do.

lol, he has access to B&I. Heck, he has access to more sections than you.