Halas Hall apparently concerned with Mitch

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Hopefully, that dumb-ass Nagy will run the ball next week and not kill this guy's confidence before the season even gets underway. There are things Nagy could do to walk his QB to a solid game with a couple of TDs.

I know no one wants to hear it, but Mitch looked more confident playing Fox ball in '17. I'd like to run an offense like the Chiefs too, but one really effing important part of that is having PATRICK MAHOMES running the offense. We do not have that kind of QB.

Nagy, don't force a square peg in a round hole.

Not even Mahomes. Alex Smith killed in the KC system stats-wise.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
I'm gonna laugh when the Bears win this game by two touchdowns, and the Bears go back to SUPER BEARS SUPER BOWL on this forum.

Fair, but pick on the ones who say it's ALL over and they are DONE with Trubisky forever. Is there anyone here that really fits that bill though? Most doubters are even granting Mitch will have good games coming his way this year but saying he may never be able to be consistent with them.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fair, but pick on the ones who say it's ALL over and they are DONE with Trubisky forever. Is there anyone here that really fits that bill though? Most doubters are even granting Mitch will have good games coming his way this year but saying he may never be able to be consistent with them.

I wish I could upvote this twice. Not many posters are saying dump Mitch asap. Most are just now figuring out he's an average QB, which is disappointing considering the #2 pick.

dabears584

Bears Fan For Life TT&T
Liked Posts:
Annnnnnnnnnd all that offseason optimism feels like eons ago. I hate Green Bay.

It’s not Green Bay’s fault the Bears choked. If the Bears were a better team that night, they would have won.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wish I could upvote this twice. Not many posters are saying dump Mitch asap. Most are just now figuring out he's an average QB, which is disappointing considering the #2 pick.
Thats rich man. Half this forum is acting like the sky is falling and Mitch is the second coming of Ryan Leaf. But that shouldnt be a surprise to anyone thats been around here for more than 10 minutes.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
A bit overly melodramtic IMO. Trubisky sucked and the "My parents told me not to talk about the game," was incredibly lame but don't think it is beyond repair.

Nagy just needs to run the ball more and give Trubs easy reads. We don't need to run an overly complex offense to be successful.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
If I was Halas Hall, I would demand Nagy explain why Mitch didn’t throw a single pass in preseason action. Guys like Brady, Brees, Rodgers, etc. have earned the right to sit out preseason. Mitch hasn’t earned shit. He’s a young QB in year 2 of a new offense. Completely unacceptable by Nagy.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Rofl. This is fear mongering and click bait at its best.

If people are so worried about Trubisky, maybe have his head coach take his head out of his ass and not call 33 straight pass plays in a 1-possession game. In a balanced offense, he'll be fine. In a 1-dimensional shitshow, he'll struggle. Who could have predicted that?

MadeinChicago

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. LSU Tigers
No surprise that some internal to the Bears are concerned about Mitch after game 1. It'd be surprising if internally that was their only concern.

I expect a better game Sunday, (supposedly) good teams who come out flat, typically bounce back to the mean. They're married to Mitch this season, if he doesn't show the promise or progression, look for a QB in the offseason and have them compete.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I would hope they would be concerned after that performance. Yeah, not all Mitch's fault, but he made some pretty poor decisions out there. I'm honestly surprised he only had one INT. The GB DB's dropped a couple.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
This is getting to be hysterical.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Won’t happen. He is 25.... no kid. Moreover, he should be man enough to handle things like this and should not be getting spoon fed like.... a kid.

I always said the problem with Trubs is he is simply not smart. Not dumb but not very smart either. An arm is only as good as the decision maker allows that arm to be. At 25 we should not be going through this. Not with the 2nd pick in the draft no less. All that smoke coming from the locker room means there is a fire.... there is a major problem with Trubs.

That said, it’s not over for him. He will have a few good games.... some more duds.... even some great games every now and then.... but the CONSISTENCY and greatness we need at the Quarterback position (something we would have had with Watson or Mahomes) to make this team a super bowl champion will never be there as long as Trubs is our QB.
There’s literally no smoke coming from the locker room right now. You must not be able to see past the smoke this message board is creating

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Maybe you’re just not grasping that it’s a big deal. The vast majority of others seem to think it was important.

Mind you, the vast majority of others that seem to focus only on Trubisky, and gloss over the fact that Nagy was so bad in week 1, and put the entire offense in position to fail snap after snap. 33 pass plays in a row? DERP I NEED TO SEE MORE FROM MITCH DERP!

Are people here really this dumb?

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Mind you, the vast majority of others that seem to focus only on Trubisky, and gloss over the fact that Nagy was so bad in week 1, and put the entire offense in position to fail snap after snap. 33 pass plays in a row? DERP I NEED TO SEE MORE FROM MITCH DERP!

Are people here really this dumb?
You’re acting like this is the first time Mitch has looked lost out there in a big game where we need him. He looked the same as he did last year in week 1 and he didn’t have 33 pass plays in a row.