Halas Hall apparently concerned with Mitch

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
There’s literally no smoke coming from the locker room right now. You must not be able to see past the smoke this message board is creating
The question is how long does this defense keep picking up the tab for Mitch before getting in his face about it.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Mind you, the vast majority of others that seem to focus only on Trubisky, and gloss over the fact that Nagy was so bad in week 1, and put the entire offense in position to fail snap after snap. 33 pass plays in a row? DERP I NEED TO SEE MORE FROM MITCH DERP!

Are people here really this dumb?

Nagy & the offensive line are not off the hook. Nagy usually bounces back.

It's week 2 but this game already feels like the most important game of the season.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Thats rich man. Half this forum is acting like the sky is falling and Mitch is the second coming of Ryan Leaf. But that shouldnt be a surprise to anyone thats been around here for more than 10 minutes.

CORRECTION: Half this forum is acting like concern over Mitch being a legit QB is the same as acting like the sky is falling.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
You’re acting like this is the first time Mitch has looked lost out there in a big game where we need him. He looked the same as he did last year in week 1 and he didn’t have 33 pass plays in a row.

I think it’s pretty clear at this point that sitting the offense the entire preseason is a mistake IF you want to be hitting on all cylinders week 1.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I am a little concerned about Denver. They are really tough at home in Sept, even when they are not a good team. Fangio, though installing a new D etc, has a big coaching advantage here. He knows our personnel a lot better than the other way around. Does Nagy try to use that against him and overthink things again or do we just play a more balanced game with proper adjustments? Does Fangio have some greater insight on Mitch's and the O's tendencies etc? Let's hope Denver 's homecoming still shows a team finding its legs. Our O sure looked like more than a week away from finding ours.

Last edited:

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I think it’s pretty clear at this point that sitting the offense the entire preseason is a mistake IF you want to be hitting on all cylinders week 1.
And what about all the games that weren’t week 1 where he looked dog shit? What’s the excuse there?

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I am a little concerned about Denver. They are really tough at home in Sept, even when they are not a good team. Fangio, even with installing a new D and inferior personnel has a big coaching advantage here. He knows out O and personnel a lot better than the other way around. Does Nagy try to use that against him and overthink things again or do we just play a more balanced game with proper adjustments. Does Fangio have some greater insight on Mitch's tendencies etc? Let's hope Denver 's homecoming still shows a team finding its legs.

I share your concern but not so much because Fangio knows Nagy but more so like Nagy may not know how to make that an advantage for him. Nick Saban could have a second multi-million dollar career charging football coaches an arm and a leg for seminars on how to own ex-assistants.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
And the other half of the forum is acting like the sky is falling

Except for the half of them that are concerned it's another QB miss. We could keep going cutting halves into halves, but don't waste your time: it's turtles all the way down.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
For the people ITT criticizing Dan I would like to point out he was one of the only beat guys at TC who pointed out the D looked better than last season and that the offense was shaky at best, Mitch in particular.
He's a good reporter and one of the few that if I see him post something like this I believe it.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Except for the half of them that are concerned it's another QB miss. We could keep going cutting halves into halves, but don't waste your time: it's turtles all the way down.
I think it’s becoming pretty clear what Trubisky is. He’s an average QB. We know from how he played last year that he’ll be better than he was last week. It’s also fairly evident he is not taking the next step into the upper echelon QBs that can carry a team. He is good enough for us to win with. We should have won a playoff game with him last year.
Should he be replaced? Maybe, and that decision and time will come soon. But for now we know he is good enough to win with. I see a lot of crying going on around here as if we are going to be 4-12 though.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
And what about all the games that weren’t week 1 where he looked dog shit? What’s the excuse there?

There was a lot more good than bad last year and there was noticeable progression from his rookie year which is what you want.

Not sure what your point is?

This offense is based on timing and rhythm, you need real in game reps. I don’t think you need to play the defense. Not playing the offense in the preseason is a mistake.

I don’t think it’s coincidence that both offenses Thursday looked like they were in preseason form. It was shitty football.

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
I am a little concerned about Denver. They are really tough at home in Sept, even when they are not a good team. Fangio, though installing a new D etc, has a big coaching advantage here. He knows our personnel a lot better than the other way around. Does Nagy try to use that against him and overthink things again or do we just play a more balanced game with proper adjustments? Does Fangio have some greater insight on Mitch's and the O's tendencies etc? Let's hope Denver 's homecoming still shows a team finding its legs. Our O sure looked like more than a week away from finding ours.

He may or may not bounce back at Denver.... but eventually he will bounce back. He will have a good game.... then a dud.... then a great game.... then an average game.... then a dud.... followed by another dud.... then a great game.... and so on it goes. Just enough to justify keeping him the starter in order for Pace and the Bear organization to save face.... but not nearly CONSISTENT enough and great enough for us to be a super bowl winner.

I hope I am wrong on that but I don't think I am.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I've said it before and I'll say it again..... Bears need to turn Mitch into a running QB. Multiple times last year he'd play his best after breaking a big run. He clearly can do that at a high level. It's the one thing we all know he can do well. Stop trying to make him into Mahomes…. he's not, and likely never will be, close to that. I'm not saying never let him throw a pass. But design several run plays for him a game. I swear when the meatball gets hit in the head he plays better.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
His worst games last year were the first 3 weeks. It’s clear they should be doing more in preseason with him.

Mitch is average at best, but played solid for a good part of last season and we can win with him. Right now he is our only option. When the offseason comes replacing him can be discussed. As of right now that’s not really relevant though

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I think it’s becoming pretty clear what Trubisky is. He’s an average QB. We know from how he played last year that he’ll be better than he was last week. It’s also fairly evident he is not taking the next step into the upper echelon QBs that can carry a team. He is good enough for us to win with. We should have won a playoff game with him last year.
Should he be replaced? Maybe, and that decision and time will come soon. But for now we know he is good enough to win with. I see a lot of crying going on around here as if we are going to be 4-12 though.

Do you though? Or are you seeing "crying" that we have still not found our QB yet? They aren't the same thing you know. Right? Unless I missed the posters "crying" that our season is doomed? The threads calling for who do we take near the top of every round since we are missing the playoffs now?

Come on, man. The "crying" is over exactly what you said: it's becoming pretty clear that Trubisky is not elite and may never get there. How can you see what is going on and act like the "crying" is akin to the "4-12" if literally no one made that claim?

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:

Everyone agrees the defense is too good to go 4-12.

I feel a lot of the negative talk is from posters who thought Mitch was going to be special and have realized that 's not going to happen.

Myself, I get labeled negative, but I feel I've been realistic and typically wait to see great play before crowning players.
And I'm not on the emotional roller-coaster right now because of what I saw from Mitch last year. I knew there was a good chance this would happen.

If Nagy isn't stubborn and puts his QB in a position to get on the board and let the defense do their thing - we'll be okay. We are not going to be a high-octane offense.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
He's a good reporter and one of the few that if I see him post something like this I believe it.

He is a good reporter and I believe someone in Halas Hall provided him with this information. You can tell yesterday that Mitch did not want to answer any questions about last week. It is pretty much a must win on Sunday. All the Bears have to do is run the ball to get a win on Sunday, the Broncos are not very good. Pretty crazy that all this stuff came out after freaking week 1. It will only get worse with a loss to the hapless Broncos. Not to mention, there cannot be any more games where Anthony Miller comes away with zero receptions. I'm sure you will start hearing more and more comments from players like Miller and others of this continues to happen. Given all that, have to beat the Broncos.