Halas Hall apparently concerned with Mitch

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
He may or may not bounce back at Denver.... but eventually he will bounce back. He will have a good game.... then a dud.... then a great game.... then an average game.... then a dud.... followed by another dud.... then a great game.... and so on it goes. Just enough to justify keeping him the starter in order for Pace and the Bear organization to save face.... but not nearly CONSISTENT enough and great enough for us to be a super bowl winner.

I hope I am wrong on that but I don't think I am.

I tend to agree. Be prepared as apparently this reads as "sky is falling" to some.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Do you though? Or are you seeing "crying" that we have still not found our QB yet? They aren't the same thing you know. Right? Unless I missed the posters "crying" that our season is doomed? The threads calling for who do we take near the top of every round since we are missing the playoffs now?

Come on, man. The "crying" is over exactly what you said: it's becoming pretty clear that Trubisky is not elite and may never get there. How can you see what is going on and act like the "crying" is akin to the "4-12" if literally no one made that claim?
There’s a difference between not having found our qb and what people on here are claiming. They are literally making it sound like Mitch isn’t capable enough to be on an NFL field. Last week was bad, but he’s clearly been much better than that in the past. He definitely needs preseason games to be more prepared for gm 1. Every post that loser CRM makes is about the sky is falling. A lot of overreacting to an awful week 1.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Everyone agrees the defense is too good to go 4-12.

I feel a lot of the negative talk is from posters who thought Mitch was going to be special and have realized that 's not going to happen.

Myself, I get labeled negative, but I feel I've been realistic and typically wait to see great play before crowning players.
And I'm not on the emotional roller-coaster either because of what I saw from Mitch last year.

I honestly think that CRM is so good at trolling some here that he alone FEELS like "half the forum" to them.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Vic knows the weaknesses of this offense, but does not have enough talent on defense to exploit it.

Nagy threw Mitch under the bus for the first time saying the quarter back chose the P option of the RPO,.

Then they do not allow him to discuss Green Bay at the wednesday presser.

Well, Nagy, dont give him options til he proves he knows how to handle it might be a response, but apparently Mitch says there are three or four different options for every play.

Lets just hope nagy goes for a 51 yard field goal in the thin air if the game needs to be cut to 1.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
There’s a difference between not having found our qb and what people on here are claiming. They are literally making it sound like Mitch isn’t capable enough to be on an NFL field. Last week was bad, but he’s clearly been much better than that in the past. He definitely needs preseason games to be more prepared for gm 1. Every post that loser CRM makes is about the sky is falling. A lot of overreacting to an awful week 1.

Where? Prove it. Outside of CRM, I can think of literally no one. And one poster does not "half the forum" make. Who said that? What thread even? I'll be happy to admit I am mistaken by my view of the board here.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Vic knows the weaknesses of this offense, but does not have enough talent on defense to exploit it.

Nagy threw Mitch under the bus for the first time saying the quarter back chose the P option of the RPO,.

Then they do not allow him to discuss Green Bay at the wednesday presser.

Well, Nagy, dont give him options til he proves he knows how to handle it might be a response, but apparently Mitch says there are three or four different options for every play.

Lets just hope nagy goes for a 51 yard field goal in the thin air if the game needs to be cut to 1.

To the bolded, I hope with all my heart that Mitch and the Bears O-line don't end up saying "hold my beer".

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Holy fuck. Where there is smoke, there is fire.

It's worse than we thought. His demeanor on the sideline was discouraging to say in the least during that game.
The pressure, and clearly being outplayed by the other 2 1st rounders, has visibly got to him.
A benching would destroy the very little hope and belief he had left.
@Outlaw Josey Cutler this kind of stuff is pretty sky is falling and makes Mitch sound fragile and incapable even though he’s really never shown a reason to question his psyche.
His body language? How many QBs do you see look thrilled when games are going poorly? Rodgers? No Brady? No Rivers? No Cam? No. It’s hard to hide that you are unhappy with poor execution. He wasn’t Cutler sitting by himself sulking though. And I’m sure his play isn’t affected by how other QBs in the league are playing. This is the kind of reactions that are annoying and off base. People are basically taking their feelings and projecting them and acting like Mitch and the team feel that way

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
Welcome to Chicago Mitch. Better put your big boy pants on. Two types of people. You're either going to let this get to you, or do something about it. Appears he is letting it get to him (if the story is true).

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
@Outlaw Josey Cutler this kind of stuff is pretty sky is falling and makes Mitch sound fragile and incapable even though he’s really never shown a reason to question his psyche.
His body language? How many QBs do you see look thrilled when games are going poorly? Rodgers? No Brady? No Rivers? No Cam? No. It’s hard to hide that you are unhappy with poor execution. He wasn’t Cutler sitting by himself sulking though. And I’m sure his play isn’t affected by how other QBs in the league are playing. This is the kind of reactions that are annoying and off base. People are basically taking their feelings and projecting them and acting like Mitch and the team feel that way
You truly think Mitch is naive enough to not know Mahomes and Watson are blowing him out of the water? He does have access to TV and Twitter the same as you and me.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'm concerned about Mitch. People should be. I'm not in the sky is falling crew I'm talking about which definitely exists.

This is how I feel. I'm concerned about Trubisky. I'm concerned about the oline. I'm concerned about Nagy the most.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
You truly think Mitch is naive enough to not know Mahomes and Watson are blowing him out of the water? He does have access to TV and Twitter the same as you and me.
Obviously he knows that. How’s it relevant? You think he goes out and makes stupid throws trying to prove he can make any throw they can make?

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Obviously he knows that. How’s it relevant? You think he goes out and makes stupid throws trying to prove he can make any throw they can make?
Honestly yeah. We hear all the time about how bad he “wants to be great” and he probably feels he needs to keep up with them and can’t. It’s probably always in the band of his head.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If this is true, this is the beginning of the end.

Mitch losing confidence in himself is the end for him.

The defense starting to lose confidence in him could be the end for this version of the team. We saw this with Cutler it can fracture a locker room.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I wish our media was not so friendly with the team or scared of the team.

Matt Nagy should be asked nothing but questions about the preseason and about the team telling Mitch what to say in press conferences.

I would not ask a single question about Denver. Make him answer multiple questions about it.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
If this is true, this is the beginning of the end.

Mitch losing confidence in himself is the end for him.

The defense starting to lose confidence in him could be the end for this version of the team. We saw this with Cutler it can fracture a locker room.
The thing is someone is already leaking information to the media after week 1. That is concerning. The cure for this is to go on a long win streak and this will all be forgotten. Just cannot afford a loss to the Broncos or this will get messy quick.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Honestly yeah. We hear all the time about how bad he “wants to be great” and he probably feels he needs to keep up with them and can’t. It’s probably always in the band of his head.
Okay we’ll have to agree to disagree on that. I think he is going out trying to execute a fairly complex offense and struggles with that because he can’t read defenses very well. His good plays come off pure athletic ability and arm talent, whereas his bad plays are simply lack of execution and that inability to read defenses.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I wish I could upvote this twice. Not many posters are saying dump Mitch asap. Most are just now figuring out he's an average QB, which is disappointing considering the #2 pick.

My hat's in that ring. I think he sucks. Every QB will have a decent game here and there. Overall I think Trubisky is a bottom 10 starter and will never be a legit franchise QB.