Halas Hall apparently concerned with Mitch

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
The thing is someone is already leaking information to the media after week 1. That is concerning. The cure for this is to go on a long win streak and this will all be forgotten. Just cannot afford a loss to the Broncos or this will get messy quick.
Honestly nobody knows that. Somebody could have said something as simple as hopefully Mitch will bounce back next week and doesn’t get too caught up in one bad game and the reporter can twist that into more of a story just like people on here can create stories out of nothing

beantacos

Liked Posts:
This is how I feel. I'm concerned about Trubisky. I'm concerned about the oline. I'm concerned about Nagy the most.
Less concerned about the line, they didn't bring it, lacked effort and the communication was weak, but that rings lack of preparedness to me. The oline will get it under control and I think their performance was extremely telling, if they're not prepared you can bet Mitch wasn't either. Nagy has this new-aged never gonna work attitude about preseason and it shows. They looked like preseason week 1, not difficult to figure out why.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I want to see how Mitch handles this type of situation. Can't coddle him like he is in pee wee. This is a business that revolves around winning. If he blows up, rather have it ugly now than ugly later with false hope.

Monster

Liked Posts:
Many people fold under intense pressure.
You know Mitch is aware of the press and the pressure he’s putting on himself couldn’t be higher.
I hope he does well in Denver because I think it will be catastrophic if he bombs again.

I really like Mitch but what I don’t want is to be TB and hang on to long.

Rob Noxious

Liked Posts:

The tape never lies. Trubisky did better than I thought while I was caught up in the game. Yes, he can be better. No, he will never be Tom Brady. I’ll take Phillip Rivers though.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Many people fold under intense pressure.

Are you trying to say that starting at QB for the NFL team of the third largest city in the US while they simultaneously celebrate their centennial season and open the 2019 season on national television against literally the oldest rivalry in the entire league while coming off of a 13 win season that now carries the added of weight of Super Bowl expectations around the entire country is "intense pressure"?

Well...maybe.

Sounds like a trip to the only state in the country you get a contact high from stepping foot in came just in time for Mitchell.

#MileHigh

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I am a little concerned about Denver. They are really tough at home in Sept, even when they are not a good team. Fangio, though installing a new D etc, has a big coaching advantage here. He knows our personnel a lot better than the other way around. Does Nagy try to use that against him and overthink things again or do we just play a more balanced game with proper adjustments? Does Fangio have some greater insight on Mitch's and the O's tendencies etc? Let's hope Denver 's homecoming still shows a team finding its legs. Our O sure looked like more than a week away from finding ours.

Mitch has practiced against Fangio for 2 years now. If he can't read a Fangio D then we are in trouble.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Are you trying to say that starting at QB for the NFL team of the third largest city in the US while they simultaneously celebrate their centennial season and open the 2019 season on national television against literally the oldest rivalry in the entire league while coming off of a 13 win season that now carries the added of weight of Super Bowl expectations around the entire country is "intense pressure"?

Well...maybe.

Sounds like a trip to the only state in the country you get a contact high from stepping foot in came just in time for Mitchell.

#MileHigh
Dont forget your home town team fans booing you before you even get to halftime.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mitch has practiced against Fangio for 2 years now. If he can't read a Fangio D then we are in trouble.
Yeah people keep saying Fangio knows the O. Doesn't that mean the O also knows the D? Also our D can give Mitch info on all the shifts etc. Seems like a wash advantage wise.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I've said it before and I'll say it again..... Bears need to turn Mitch into a running QB. Multiple times last year he'd play his best after breaking a big run. He clearly can do that at a high level. It's the one thing we all know he can do well. Stop trying to make him into Mahomes…. he's not, and likely never will be, close to that. I'm not saying never let him throw a pass. But design several run plays for him a game. I swear when the meatball gets hit in the head he plays better.

I have been saying this from the John Fox era when I said Mitch needs to run more and stop sitting in the pocket waiting for WRs to get open. I was told then that no he needs to learn to be a pocket passer.

This is where I think his race hinders him. If Mitch were a black QB with 4.65 speed, everyone would be on board with him being a dual threat QB. But because he is lily white, people seem to think it is better for him to learn to be a pocket passer.

The model for Mitch should be what teams do with Dak or Wilson or Watson or Jackson. Use his feet to your advantage. He will never be a classic pocket passer IMO nor does he need to be in order to be successful.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
why are all our quarterback boys so emo?

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Yeah people keep saying Fangio knows the O. Doesn't that mean the O also knows the D? Also our D can give Mitch info on all the shifts etc. Seems like a wash advantage wise.
Mitch has to be able to read D before he can learn it.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dont forget your home town team fans booing you before you even get to halftime.

Yeah...not like that has never only increased the sited pressure until the team wants to serve you a gag order at your weekly press conference.

I mean it's not like Solider Field started whipping D cell batteries at him.

Monster

Liked Posts:
I’d think Fangio is more concerned about Flacco... the sharks are coming.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

Word.

Especially considering his secondary right now is just maybe a half of a step above "pathetic".

Run that ball and give Mitch some easy PA calls and I think Nagy can keep his ship floating another week.

Monster

Liked Posts:
Word.

Especially considering his secondary right now is just maybe a half of a step above "pathetic".

Run that ball and give Mitch some easy PA calls and I think Nagy can keep his ship floating another week.

This....
Oakland showed it works...
My question is can Nagy stop himself from trying to be the fanciest show on turf
At least until things start clicking.
Someone is going 2-0 in the North...

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:
I have been saying this from the John Fox era when I said Mitch needs to run more and stop sitting in the pocket waiting for WRs to get open. I was told then that no he needs to learn to be a pocket passer.

This is where I think his race hinders him. If Mitch were a black QB with 4.65 speed, everyone would be on board with him being a dual threat QB. But because he is lily white, people seem to think it is better for him to learn to be a pocket passer.

The model for Mitch should be what teams do with Dak or Wilson or Watson or Jackson. Use his feet to your advantage. He will never be a classic pocket passer IMO nor does he need to be in order to be successful.

This 100%.

Good running attack. Use PA, designed runs. Nagy needs to use his creativity in personnel groupings and route structures for 1 or 2 read pass plays. Route structures and groupings can force a QB spy to bail on their assignment. Mitch might not be a pocket passer, but his athleticism could allow him to be an above average producer.

Again, no fucking clue what Nagy was doing Thursday. He was calling the game like practice, developmental style. Literally called plays into Mitch’s weaknesses.

Can we move on from the MT narratives and discuss the matchup with Denver?

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I don't make predictions, but I was just saying yesterday that I wouldn't be surprised if Bryck Callahan starts and picks off M-Trubs

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

The tape never lies. Trubisky did better than I thought while I was caught up in the game. Yes, he can be better. No, he will never be Tom Brady. I’ll take Phillip Rivers though.

Philip Rivers is very probably a future HOFer. What have you seem from Trubisky that could possibly make you think he's that good?