Halas Hall apparently concerned with Mitch

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Do you think there was bigger issues in game 1 then Mitch? Like things that more directly were at fault for the loss than his play? I definitely do. I thought the oline and play calling were the reason we lost. Mitch just wasn’t an answer to overcome those issues and blatant lack of preparation

I think he was #1. The OL was not far behind, but he was the biggest issue.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I tend to agree. Be prepared as apparently this reads as "sky is falling" to some.
I guess I’ve realized a lot of my issue with so much targeting of Mitch after last week is that I believe their were bigger issues to be addressed which were the play of our oline and play calling. Mitch didn’t overcome these issues but I don’t really expect him to because I don’t think that’s the player he is. While that may be an issue, I don’t feel like it should be the focus this week. He wasn’t the reason we lost.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I show up to play week 1.

Hyperbole, yes. But he was really bad.
Agreed but not as bad as he is being made out to have played. Now Nagy calling 33 consecutive pass plays against nickel and dime defenses in a one score or less than one score game gives me great pause. I said last year having Helfrich as OC is a horrible idea. Nagy needs checks and balances to his pass happy gimmick personality, not an enabler.

Tostada

Liked Posts:
He was reading the defense like a high school freshman.

I am not expecting Mahomes, but I would like him to look like an NFL QB.
I blame Nagnuts for that. Where's the study, accountability, preparation showing up?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Agreed but not as bad as he is being made out to have played. Now Nagy calling 33 consecutive pass plays against nickel and dime defenses in a one score or less than one score game gives me great pause. I said last year having Helfrich as OC is a horrible idea. Nagy needs checks and balances to his pass happy gimmick personality, not an enabler.

It wasn't a total trainwreck for him. He had some misses that make you scratch your head.

This is more of a big picture concern for me. The lack of progress and growth from an offseason of work is concerning.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I think he was #1. The OL was not far behind, but he was the biggest issue.
To me running a receiver up the middle on 3rd and 1, designing a shotgun pass to Shaheen on 3rd and 1/2 a yard, going for it on fourth and 10 instead of kicking a 50 yard field goal, lack of usage of Montgomery and over usage of Patterson lost the game and were alarmingly terrible decisions

cd35

Liked Posts:
Well they are such QB experts at Hals Hall...

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
He was reading the defense like a high school freshman.

I am not expecting Mahomes, but I would like him to look like an NFL QB.

You can't win calling plays like its Madden.... There is not juke stick... NFL corners just don't whiff on tackles... you cant throw the ball 1 yard and expect 4 6 8 yards on those plays unless you set them up. In fact you only use them when you set them up. You do not use them to set anything else up except a deep ball or a double move which we never saw called.

Again Mitch was asked to execute a gameplan that only Madden NFL 2019 experts would call from an offensive perspective.
4th and 10 or 51 yard Field goal... Straight out of Madden.
3rd and 1. Cordarelle Patterson... Madden play call if I ever seen one.
But the shuffle pass trick play to Shaheen. That is all Nagy... it was just read like a book because you have an entire year of that shit on tape.

I'm upset Mitch didn't look better. But I'm glad he didn't have a smile on his face when he lost so badly. It shows a few things. He takes it personal, he blames himself, he knows this is his offense, he knows he has no more excuses, he knows he can't simply lean on the defense anymore.

Mitch will grow as a leader the most from that loss. Its been all fun and games for the guy since he has been here. His wake up call was the hardest of them all. Thursday night opening day, year 100, Packers Bears, 3 points. Nothing will deliver a message quite like that will. He can erase a lot of doubt with a good game and a win on sunday.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
To me running a receiver up the middle on 3rd and 1, designing a shotgun pass to Shaheen on 3rd and 1/2 a yard, going for it on fourth and 10 instead of kicking a 50 yard field goal, lack of usage of Montgomery and over usage of Patterson lost the game and were alarmingly terrible decisions
wow... I posted the same thing

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
It wasn't a total trainwreck for him. He had some misses that make you scratch your head.

This is more of a big picture concern for me. The lack of progress and growth from an offseason of work is concerning.
Misses happen with every QB even the great ones, but the hits make you forget them(ie Watsons late game INT that got negated by penalty).

What concerns me a bit is that there were none of those wide open WR plays that seem to happen in every game and that is why calling 3:1 pass:run against the defensive alignments they faced is so concerning.

My hope is that the lack of preseason reps where greatly underestimated and that Nagy will clean his game up, the oline will block with some semblance of continuity, and MT will get in a rhythm. I am still feeling 3-2 maybe even 4-1 going into the bye week, but I am eternally sunny.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
It takes one player, one scout, one coach, for this story to be true.

It also only takes one reporter looking for click-bait to turn a throw away comment from a press conference into a full blown crisis.

If you do not think they have serious concerns about him inside Halas Hall you are crazy.

If the people inside Halas Hall are as fairweather as the meatballs on this site after 1 bad game to start the season we have bigger problems than just the QB.

If he sucks there are coaches, scouts, players that are going to flat out lose their jobs because of it. If you do not think those people are feeling anxious and perhaps venting a little you are crazy.

Welcome to daily life in the NFL where nobody's job is really safe. If Mitch tanks this season then so be it. Congrats, you've found out he's not franchise caliber and don't have to worry about shelling out a big money contract. Pace takes some heat but survives. Nagy gets to choose "his guy". Life goes on. If he bounces back and continues to improve, even better.

Either way he's not going anywhere this year so no point stressing out and over analyzing every off hand comment made during a mid week press conference. Let things play out a bit.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Misses happen with every QB even the great ones, but the hits make you forget them(ie Watsons late game INT that got negated by penalty).

What concerns me a bit is that there were none of those wide open WR plays that seem to happen in every game and that is why calling 3:1 pass:run against the defensive alignments they faced is so concerning.

My hope is that the lack of preseason reps where greatly underestimated and that Nagy will clean his game up, the oline will block with some semblance of continuity, and MT will get in a rhythm. I am still feeling 3-2 maybe even 4-1 going into the bye week, but I am eternally sunny.
I agree with most of what you said here.

But Watson’s interception that got negated was him taking a chance because he knew it was either big play or no play. Same thing Rodgers does when he sees guys jump offsides