Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. LSU Tigers
We have seen this movie before.

Super Bowl defense being held back by a QB and offense. We have seen this before, eventually it breaks. So, one of two things will happen. Mitch will make a significant step or he won't and eventually the defense will start leaking.

The SB defense gave up a touchdown, after the QB drove for the go ahead TD in a playoff game, only to have said QB drive for what should have been a game-winning FG. That happened right? In the game before the last one?

True the QB should have played better earlier, no dispute there, but we have no evidence that the SB Defense is being held back by this QB (notwithstanding Gm 1)

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
I guess I’ve realized a lot of my issue with so much targeting of Mitch after last week is that I believe their were bigger issues to be addressed which were the play of our oline and play calling. Mitch didn’t overcome these issues but I don’t really expect him to because I don’t think that’s the player he is. While that may be an issue, I don’t feel like it should be the focus this week. He wasn’t the reason we lost.

Oh I get you and vice versa, myself and many others now realize that Mitch is one of "those QBs' - they need an O-line, good playcalling, field position, etc.

He will not develop into an elite QB that can handle these bigger issues and seems to need everything to go right - or at least everything to go right in all the areas where he cannot handle which seems to be even more areas than some of us were hoping it would be.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Oh I get you and vice versa, myself and many others now realize that Mitch is one of "those QBs' - they need an O-line, good playcalling, field position, etc.

He will not develop into an elite QB that can handle these bigger issues and seems to need everything to go right - or at least everything to go right in all the areas where he cannot handle which seems to be even more areas than some of us were hoping it would be.

ADDENDUM: Whil;e I have no hope he will be good anymore, I do not hold out against the POSSIBILITY that he can become consistently good. That is still possible if he re-discovers his confidence and keeps his head on from here (while a million other things get better). But I just don't have the ability to believe it will be true.

Last edited:

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Green Bays football team was 23rd last year against the run. We tested that 15 times.

Technically, 12 times. 3 of those times was Trubisky running for his life.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The SB defense gave up a touchdown, after the QB drove for the go ahead TD in a playoff game, only to have said QB drive for what should have been a game-winning FG. That happened right? In the game before the last one?

True the QB should have played better earlier, no dispute there, but we have no evidence that the SB Defense is being held back by this QB (notwithstanding Gm 1)

They allowed 16 points with one of their top 3 players not playing. I blame them for very little if anything in that game.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The guy took the loss pretty hard... as he should.... the team has shown strength and bounced back strong.

When people questioned Mitch last year, it was clear he bounced back strong. But you still have the same shit going on. 15 run plays, lack of balance, an excuse for why the running game isnt used. Couldn't figure out how to run it with Howard.

Montgomery cant figure out the pro run game because Nagy has too complex of a system.

Josh Jacobs went off in his game. Behind a talent lacking offense who seemed all but 1 dimensional. A practice squad TE and a rookie RB did work for oakland.

If you've got more talent just go punch the other team in the mouth.

Green Bays football team was 23rd last year against the run. We tested that 15 times. This is comparable to an MMA fighter in a title fight who is a Jiu Jitsu champion trying to stand with a world champion Boxer because he think he has something to prove to himself. Instead of just getting a takedown and ending it in 45 seconds.

Its football. Its ok to win like a bully. See a weakness attack it.

How does one come to the conclusion that DMC can't figure out the pro run game after 6 carries? This was straight gibberish

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
All Mitch needs is a good game and he'll be fine

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Sunday can't get here soon enough. This has been a horrible week.

MadeinChicago

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. LSU Tigers
They allowed 16 points with one of their top 3 players not playing. I blame them for very little if anything in that game.

Completely agree. However that sequence of events did happen. So at least so far, the QB hasn't held back the SB Defense imo

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Mitch has practiced against Fangio for 2 years now. If he can't read a Fangio D then we are in trouble.

Can Leno block Von Miller or Bradley Chubb though?

He got his fucking tits lit by GB.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Who needs preseason? Windy has hit first game overreaction hyperbole in midseason stride.

Windy is only rational in the offseason. As soon as the games start he begins talking crazy