Halas Hall apparently concerned with Mitch

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Holy fuck. Where there is smoke, there is fire.

It's worse than we thought. His demeanor on the sideline was discouraging to say in the least during that game.
The pressure, and clearly being outplayed by the other 2 1st rounders, has visibly got to him.
A benching would destroy the very little hope and belief he had left.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Annnnnnnnnnd all that offseason optimism feels like eons ago. I hate Green Bay.

I hate Nagy more for this. And Pace for fucking up the draft.
How the fuck do they tell him to not discuss last week's game and then the dipshit goes out and says "I was told to not discuss last week's game?"

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
we should all be thanking our lucky star that this story hasn’t caught fire yet. Could you imagine the damage that could be done if ESPN, SI, Fox, or anybody else decided to run with Mitch being sheltered from the media because he’s not living up to expectations and can’t compete with Mahomes and Watson?? It might actually be the nail in this team’s coffin.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
we should all be thanking our lucky star that this story hasn’t caught fire yet. Could you imagine the damage that could be done if ESPN, SI, Fox, or anybody else decided to run with Mitch being sheltered from the media because he’s not living up to expectations and can’t compete with Mahomes and Watson?? It might actually be the nail in this team’s coffin.

It'll catch on if things go south Sunday. Even if the Bears win, and he plays like shit but doesn't play as bad as Flacco (very real possibility), the story will get legs. If he plays steady ball the next few weeks, then it might blow over until the next shitshow.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Presumably this was tweeted to generate buzz for a print article tomorrow. It'll be interesting to see if Wiederer is connecting the same dots most other people are (eddie Jackson comments on Mitch's confidence/PR staff telling Mitch not to talk about the game) or has anything new.

Either way, though, this season could go to hell really fast with a Trubisky meltdown game against Denver.

Last edited:

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
lmao man are we fucked.

I figured that Trubisky, like most NFL QBs, was limited but with the right coach, offence, system, players, etc you can maximize his strengths, and minimise his weaknesses, and he could put up numbers good enough to get us a championship.

I gave him a ton of slack last year being year 1 in the system, having the bye week after his best game, getting hurt and being rusty his first week or two coming back, etc.

I figured this would be the year he would be consistent and after Thursday I really started to sour on the lad, (yeah Nagy's calls were bad and the O-Line was rubbish, I understand that) plus now after hearing they don't want him talking about the game, Jackson's comments and now this?

I dunno man. I don't even think there is a coach or system to help him. Which sucks because I really liked the kid and liked the pick and thought he could put up solid numbers in the right environment. Only time will tell, and maybe we're all overreacting to this but maybe its time to go get someone. Rosen maybe?

Johnny Flash

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
lmao man are we fucked.

I figured that Trubisky, like most NFL QBs, was limited but with the right coach, offence, system, players, etc you can maximize his strengths, and minimise his weaknesses, and he could put up numbers good enough to get us a championship.

I gave him a ton of slack last year being year 1 in the system, having the bye week after his best game, getting hurt and being rusty his first week or two coming back, etc.

I figured this would be the year he would be consistent and after Thursday I really started to sour on the lad, (yeah Nagy's calls were bad and the O-Line was rubbish, I understand that) plus now after hearing they don't want him talking about the game, Jackson's comments and now this?

I dunno man. I don't even think there is a coach or system to help him. Which sucks because I really liked the kid and liked the pick and thought he could put up solid numbers in the right environment. Only time will tell, and maybe we're all overreacting to this but maybe its time to go get someone. Rosen maybe?

I too was pretty lenient with Trubisky last season exactly for the same reasons as you. However, I'd wait three more games until I'd pull the trigger on him, knowing full well that this might jeopardize this season. But I don't think swapping him out for a bum like Rosen is the right call. I'd rather see someone like Mullens come in, who could also be a good back-up when the Bears take another shot at landing a franchise quarterback.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
I too was pretty lenient with Trubisky last season exactly for the same reasons as you. However, I'd wait three more games until I'd pull the trigger on him, knowing full well that this might jeopardize this season. But I don't think swapping him out for a bum like Rosen is the right call. I'd rather see someone like Mullens come in, who could also be a good back-up when the Bears take another shot at landing a franchise quarterback.

You're probably right.

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
I call overblown mierda, don't fan the flames,. That kid, because he still is, despite your perceptiion which is irrelevant, will bounce back with a harder attitude.

Won’t happen. He is 25.... no kid. Moreover, he should be man enough to handle things like this and should not be getting spoon fed like.... a kid.

I always said the problem with Trubs is he is simply not smart. Not dumb but not very smart either. An arm is only as good as the decision maker allows that arm to be. At 25 we should not be going through this. Not with the 2nd pick in the draft no less. All that smoke coming from the locker room means there is a fire.... there is a major problem with Trubs.

That said, it’s not over for him. He will have a few good games.... some more duds.... even some great games every now and then.... but the CONSISTENCY and greatness we need at the Quarterback position (something we would have had with Watson or Mahomes) to make this team a super bowl champion will never be there as long as Trubs is our QB.

Last edited:

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
I hate Nagy more for this. And Pace for fucking up the draft.
How the fuck do they tell him to not discuss last week's game and then the dipshit goes out and says "I was told to not discuss last week's game?"

Exhibit A regarding the intelligence issue. You have provided just 1 more example.... there are many.... particularly when it comes to “in game” decision making and processing information, scanning the field, looking off receivers, locating the open receiver, recognizing coverages, etc., etc. etc. All are slow for Trubs.

Last edited:

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Hopefully, that dumb-ass Nagy will run the ball next week and not kill this guy's confidence before the season even gets underway. There are things Nagy could do to walk his QB to a solid game with a couple of TDs.

I know no one wants to hear it, but Mitch looked more confident playing Fox ball in '17. I'd like to run an offense like the Chiefs too, but one really effing important part of that is having PATRICK MAHOMES running the offense. We do not have that kind of QB.

Nagy, don't force a square peg in a round hole.