Halas Hall apparently concerned with Mitch

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
I think people are forgetting that we drafted a project. This is Pace's MO for draft picks up until Roquon. White, Floyd and Mitch all were guys that came into the draft known they would need work and time to become their potential.

Floyd is just now hitting his stride in year 4, albeit it is one game in.

Mitch was never going to be a Corvette in years 1-3. We should expect inconsistency and struggles against things he hasn't experienced before.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There is positive to glean from this if true: the powers that be are having doubts about Mitch and are not ready to annoit his ass. The best we can hope for at this point is for Nagy and Pace to start searching for their franchise QB ASAP and not waste 3 more years on a broken project.

dabears584

Bears Fan For Life TT&T
Liked Posts:
Hopefully, that dumb-ass Nagy will run the ball next week and not kill this guy's confidence before the season even gets underway. There are things Nagy could do to walk his QB to a solid game with a couple of TDs.

I know no one wants to hear it, but Mitch looked more confident playing Fox ball in '17. I'd like to run an offense like the Chiefs too, but one really effing important part of that is having PATRICK MAHOMES running the offense. We do not have that kind of QB.

Nagy, don't force a square peg in a round hole.

I like that last part where you said “don’t force a square peg in a round hole”. Yes, that sums it up exactly.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
The guy took the loss pretty hard... as he should.... the team has shown strength and bounced back strong.

When people questioned Mitch last year, it was clear he bounced back strong. But you still have the same shit going on. 15 run plays, lack of balance, an excuse for why the running game isnt used. Couldn't figure out how to run it with Howard.

Montgomery cant figure out the pro run game because Nagy has too complex of a system.

Josh Jacobs went off in his game. Behind a talent lacking offense who seemed all but 1 dimensional. A practice squad TE and a rookie RB did work for oakland.

If you've got more talent just go punch the other team in the mouth.

Green Bays football team was 23rd last year against the run. We tested that 15 times. This is comparable to an MMA fighter in a title fight who is a Jiu Jitsu champion trying to stand with a world champion Boxer because he think he has something to prove to himself. Instead of just getting a takedown and ending it in 45 seconds.

Its football. Its ok to win like a bully. See a weakness attack it.

Last edited:

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think people are forgetting that we drafted a project. This is Pace's MO for draft picks up until Roquon. White, Floyd and Mitch all were guys that came into the draft known they would need work and time to become their potential.

Mitch was never going to be a Corvette in years 1-3. We should expect inconsistency and struggles against things he hasn't experienced before.

He was reading the defense like a high school freshman.

I am not expecting Mahomes, but I would like him to look like an NFL QB.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
what year are we in of the M-Trubs rebuild project?

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Then he shouldn’t have been drafted so high. Sounds to me like you expected a project QB that take 4 years to develop. Those are taken in the later rounds of the draft lol.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Mahomes was a project. Mitch was a guy with minimal snaps under his belt. These are not the same. One guy was a proven college QB who many questioned if his game could translate to the pros (project). The other guy had such few snaps that you question if he has the ability to adapt to defenses and be a QB (Mitch).

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
Then he shouldn’t have been drafted so high. Sounds to me like you expected a project QB that take 4 years to develop. Those are taken in the later rounds of the draft lol.
In our case it made sense to draft a project. The Bears weren't ready to be SB contenders the day he was drafted. It is also not like Mitch is bad.

Pro Bowl selection in the NFL do matter as 2/3 of the vote are players and coaches, and he was 4th in the NFC last year. And when considering his ability to run he was 3rd in ESPN's QBR.

We can't dismiss all the good things he has done because of an all around bad game by many people.

We can't say Mitch is great, bad or average, but we certainly can say he is good. Het just has occasional shit games because he isn't the finished project yet. He isn't a top 5 QB yet, while Mahomes is, it is really an unfair compairosn when a guy is unlucky to be drafted the year a great QB was.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Who needs preseason? Windy has hit first game overreaction hyperbole in midseason stride.

I show up to play week 1.

Hyperbole, yes. But he was really bad.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
We have seen this movie before.

Super Bowl defense being held back by a QB and offense. We have seen this before, eventually it breaks. So, one of two things will happen. Mitch will make a significant step or he won't and eventually the defense will start leaking.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I feel like we have seen this before. good defense, emo qb. losses.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
What a dumb narrative. Some team spokesman tells Mitch not to talk about the GB game and that somehow translates into huge "concerns" inside HH.... The fuck out of here with this garbage. Here's an idea, let's act like this isn't our first year watching NFL football. Sit back, relax, and let shit play out.

Nagy, Mitch and the offense bounce back with a big game in Denver and all the fairweather drama queens will be right back on the bandwagon talking Superbowl. Let's see how shit plays this week before we all slit our wrists eh?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It takes one player, one scout, one coach, for this story to be true.

If you do not think they have serious concerns about him inside Halas Hall you are crazy. I love the Bears and watching football on Sunday is a highlight of my week, but Mitch is not a life altering thing for me.

If he sucks there are coaches, scouts, players that are going to flat out lose their jobs because of it. If you do not think those people are feeling anxious and perhaps venting a little you are crazy.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
We have seen this movie before.

Super Bowl defense being held back by a QB and offense. We have seen this before, eventually it breaks. So, one of two things will happen. Mitch will make a significant step or he won't and eventually the defense will start leaking.
Or the Ravens win the SB.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
It takes one player, one scout, one coach, for this story to be true.

If you do not think they have serious concerns about him inside Halas Hall you are crazy. I love the Bears and watching football on Sunday is a highlight of my week, but Mitch is not a life altering thing for me.

If he sucks there are coaches, scouts, players that are going to flat out lose their jobs because of it. If you do not think those people are feeling anxious and perhaps venting a little you are crazy.
Do you think there was bigger issues in game 1 then Mitch? Like things that more directly were at fault for the loss than his play? I definitely do. I thought the oline and play calling were the reason we lost. Mitch just wasn’t an answer to overcome those issues and blatant lack of preparation

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Rob thanks for the film review. I knew the O-line was bad but I had no idea how bad it was. That was a horrid performance

All I am going to say is that Mitch put up a 95.4 QB rating last season, 16th best among starters. Completely average.

Hard to believe he won't equal or beat that this season. Lets see what happens over 16 games not 1.