Has Jay gotten better?

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
I figured I'd ask since no one seems to be talking about this.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I will get back to you in january

Payton_34

Seattle Bears Fan
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
The fact that this is even being discussed leads me to believe he has improved. While I was among those who wanted to move on from JC I think if he continues on this positive track we're better off rolling with JC as we continue the rebuilding process. Unlikely to draft a rookie who would step in and be successful right away but we still need to look to the future. Maybe not use a #1 or #2 on a first round QB in 2016 but perhaps 2017.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Would you have Jay cutlers baby?
Millionaire with dreamy blue eyes and beautiful hair....you are damn right I would.

(just got to rent one of those uterus things)

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's asked to do much less and that has translated in the int #ers going down and that was always my biggest grip with #6.

So yes he's playing somewhat better, but that still only bumps him up to around top 15 or so, IMO. HE still has the same shitty mechanics and back foot throws that plays a big role in with his accuracy issues.

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
He's asked to do much less and that has translated in the int #ers going down and that was always my biggest grip with #6.

So yes he's playing somewhat better, but that still only bumps him up to around top 15 or so, IMO. HE still has the same shitty mechanics and back foot throws that plays a big role in with his accuracy issues.

It becomes ingrained when you have unstable olines. Sometimes throwing off back foot is necessary when trying to avoid pressure.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It becomes ingrained when you have unstable olines. Sometimes throwing off back foot is necessary when trying to avoid pressure.

He had the same shitty mechanics in Denver. Yes sometimes it's necessary, but not most of the time.

mecha

Liked Posts:
He had the same shitty mechanics in Denver. Yes sometimes it's necessary, but not most of the time.

the Broncos even acknowledged this when they drafted him apparently.

the problem is that whatever progress he was making in this area under Shanahan just suddenly ended, and he went to the Bears where they seemingly thought he was 110% the real deal, a major upgrade, and solution to all their problems. they treated the situation as if he didn't need any help in those areas. they just let it go. the wonders of Ron Turner.

when you have a carousel of coordinators and their QB coaches and there's no continuity, one guy says this and the other guy says that, I guess in a way I can totally understand why Cutler just said whatever and defaults back to doing things his way.

it sucks, because if he would've been taught right he could've been good. he's just the living embodiment of his South Park character, 8 years later, he kinda sucks but maybe he'll be good someday.

if he can just find a way to throw for like 350 yards and 4 TDs a game we'll be golden.

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
the Broncos even acknowledged this when they drafted him apparently.

the problem is that whatever progress he was making in this area under Shanahan just suddenly ended, and he went to the Bears where they seemingly thought he was 110% the real deal, a major upgrade, and solution to all their problems. they treated the situation as if he didn't need any help in those areas. they just let it go. the wonders of Ron Turner.

when you have a carousel of coordinators and their QB coaches and there's no continuity, one guy says this and the other guy says that, I guess in a way I can totally understand why Cutler just said whatever and defaults back to doing things his way.

it sucks, because if he would've been taught right he could've been good. he's just the living embodiment of his South Park character, 8 years later, he kinda sucks but maybe he'll be good someday.

if he can just find a way to throw for like 350 yards and 4 TDs a game we'll be golden.

He's being handled right now.