Having been highly critical of Nagy..

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Have to say there are a few nice things I have seen lately.

-Putting ARob in the slot especially near the Red Zone. Mitch just sees him better and he is by far our best WR in traffic.

-Scheming around the loss of Burton. The Holtz/Horstead combo at FB/TE has worked in the passing game and provided better run blocking.

-Getting Coward and Lucas ready to play. I mean none of these guys are very good but to lose 2 starters on your OL and have the unit play the way they have the last few games deserves some credit.

-With the season basically lost in week 12, it's a testament to the coach to keep the guys on track the last 2 weeks.

So having crucified Nagy early on and I have to say he has made some nice adjustments. He clearly outcoached the Cowboys last week. I still have my reservations but despite a collapse over the next 3 games he has earned some respect.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Have to say there are a few nice things I have seen lately.

-Putting ARob in the slot especially near the Red Zone. Mitch just sees him better and he is by far our best WR in traffic.

-Scheming around the loss of Burton. The Holtz/Horstead combo at FB/TE has worked in the passing game and provided better run blocking.

-Getting Coward and Lucas ready to play. I mean none of these guys are very good but to lose 2 starters on your OL and have the unit play the way they have the last few games deserves some credit.

-With the season basically lost in week 12, it's a testament to the coach to keep the guys on track the last 2 weeks.

So having crucified Nagy early on and I have to say he has made some nice adjustments. He clearly outcoached the Cowboys last week. I still have my reservations but despite a collapse over the next 3 games he has earned some respect.

This is why the people calling Nagy the next Trestman are dead ass wrong.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Does Hiestand deserve some credit? He was catching a ton of shit but the guys that he's had time to work with and replaced our starters have looked good. I wonder whose idea it was to put Whitehair back at center.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Nagy ruined the first half of this season and deserved all the criticism he got. Even now the only reason half these guys are playing is due to injury. But he is calling better games and it seems he quit trying to fit square pegs in round holes. Nagy is still learning and I'm rooting for him. I think he is a good HC but I'm not sold yet on him as a OC.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nagy ruined the first half of this season and deserved all the criticism he got. Even now the only reason half these guys are playing is due to injury. But he is calling better games and it seems he quit trying to fit square pegs in round holes. Nagy is still learning and I'm rooting for him. I think he is a good HC but I'm not sold yet on him as a OC.
Well said...I think everyone WANTS Nagy to do well, and he is doing better than earlier in the season...But IMHO, the jury is still out on him, and I am afraid he might slip back into his "Nagy Nonsense" days...Hoping I am wrong though

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've always maintained that people calling Nagy egotistical & stubborn was way too premature. He's still learning too. When game changes equate to wins, he'll make them faster in the future.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
It appears Nagy overestimated Trubisky's ability/development and put too much on his plate this offseason. He probably made a mistake in not playing starters more in the preseason and team didn't appear ready at the start of the season. He clearly handled the London trip poorly. Made the wrong call in moving Daniels to center. The fiasco at the end of the Chargers game., etc. These are just a few of the examples. He coached a very good game against Dallas but there should be little doubt he has struggled this season thus far.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
This is why the people calling Nagy the next Trestman are dead ass wrong.

We rushed to call Nagy a bust now were rushing to call him a win. Pump the freaking brakes people.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'll stay highly criticl of him till the season plays out, fuck...if they lay an egg next game, you'll all be back wanting his head!

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Who called him a win? All I heard was he deserves some credit. Not exactly an overreaction

You're surprised people are idiots? Yes I've seen a lot.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
how quickly people forget things like...
Not taking a penalty on 4th and 5
In the same game earlier, going for it on 4th and 10
The team recently had a 48yd extra point
WRs still running into each other
Linemen still not knowing wtf play it is

Not only was Trubisky not ready for 202, no one in the league could be, because 202 is terrible and does not work. But, I do think he’s beginning to see that, which is a plus...

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
It's better. And I have to give some credit to Nagy for that. I have shit on Nagy very hard this season. He has clearly come around a bit. He still has more introspection yet to do. Let's see how that plays out.

P.S. He still hands the ball to Tarik Cohen up the gut, and it still fails.