Having been highly critical of Nagy..

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nagy always has to have a willy wonka play fail miserably so his team can have fun.

He runs Cohen up the gut on 3rd and short. And it never works.

And for the Love of God please run a play action pass right after your running back has 2 good runs in a row...not a 3rd consecutive run that gets stuffed.

I think it is getting better. It has been nice to see play action passes with Trubisky's back to the los.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
I basically said before that even if Nagy turns it around I can't and won't get over how fucked up the first 3/4 of the year was. It was comically bad like a designed parody of an offense. The only way it mitigates how bad 2019 was is if Nagy was secretly truly developing Mitch to become an NFL QB under fire with as little help as possible from the sideline and Mitch develops well from here into a no-brainer good QB that deserved to be drafted where he was.

I personally think it was not a secret plan but an incidentally fortuitous turn of events born from his hubris and stubbornness into an accidental "how-to" on development and that's assuming Mitch has turned a corner and can read that quickly and be that decisive week in and week out regardless of defense opposing him ... ie a LARGE assumption that is still not even warranted.

roadwarrior_joe

Liked Posts:
I have been critical of Nagy, and at this point I'm still not sure of him. It has taken how long to identify the weaknesses on the team, TE, Oline, running more, playing to the strength of the QB?

As fans we know today, after the way games went yesterday, that it's going to take a minor miracle for the Bears to make the playoffs. I'm sure the players understand that as well. So what I want to see going forward is how this team continues to respond knowing the position they are in. Especially how they perform this week going into the GB game. Not because it is the GB game, but becasue Nagy has show in his short tenure that coming off a longer than usual time off between games that his teams look unprepared, not motivated, and they lose. So lets see how they play these last 3 games.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have been critical of Nagy, and at this point I'm still not sure of him. It has taken how long to identify the weaknesses on the team, TE, Oline, running more, playing to the strength of the QB?

As fans we know today, after the way games went yesterday, that it's going to take a minor miracle for the Bears to make the playoffs. I'm sure the players understand that as well. So what I want to see going forward is how this team continues to respond knowing the position they are in. Especially how they perform this week going into the GB game. Not because it is the GB game, but becasue Nagy has show in his short tenure that coming off a longer than usual time off between games that his teams look unprepared, not motivated, and they lose. So lets see how they play these last 3 games.
Nagy started the season unprepared. No Preseason reps for starters etc..They looked rusty as could be

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Nagy started the season unprepared. No Preseason reps for starters etc..They looked rusty as could be

Much deeper than lack of preseason reps. If that was all, then the offense could have turned the corner in Week 3 or 4.

His entire gameplan was fucked for the first 3/4 of the year. I would feel better if I could TRUST him to settle in this new gameplan model and coach from here but...

at any time, at any given moment, it feels like he could go nuts again and call 100% shotgun with 50 passes:7 zone runs (splitting Montgomery with Cohen and Patterson) for a whopping 16 points scored and a terrible Mitch QB rating of 50 or so.

Last edited:

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Much deeper than lack of preseason reps. If that was all, then the offense could have turned the corner in Week 3 or 4.

His entire gameplan was fucked for the first 3/4 of the year. I would feel better if I could TRUST him to settle in this new gameplan model and coach from here but...

at any time, at any given moment, it feels like he could go nuts again and call 100% shotgun with 50 passes:7 zone runs (splitting Montgomery with Cohen and Patterson) for a whopping 16 points scored and a terrible Mitch QB rating of 50 or so.

I agree that the major adjustments took to long and I also agree that the only way it was worth it is if it was to get the light to go on for Trubisky.

I am splitting the blame for the offensive struggles. Nagy and the coaches take their share, but the personnel was pathetic as well.

Massie and Leno no showed the start of the season.

No TE talent to speak of.

Trotting out the corpse of Long.

A big reason they have improved is because they sat some dudes down who suck. There needs to be more talent on offense in 2020.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:

I agree..I was just pointing out that he started out in the hole and it really didnt get a lot better till the Dallas game..I am wary of him slipping back into what I call "Nagy Nonsense"

Last edited:

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
oh contraire, Childress loves to run the ball. Its Helfrich who got kicked out.
I'm not talking about as a playcaller...I'm talking scheme and formations. Most of the season I saw a repeat of Chilly's boring ass O in MN.