Hawks vs Avalanche, 11/29. 11/30

dj7wilson

Liked Posts:
been a fan since 1962 - seen a lot of losing seasons, but was always entertained. Not this year...watching is just frustrating. Say what you want about Gustafson or recent lackluster performances from the captain but they are symptoms, not the cause. They have the talent to be a playoff team and, like I said, watching has just become frustrating. The problem is obvious and everyone knows it - JC has to go. As for me, I have plenty sources of frustration - not going to watch again until Colliton and Bowmen are gone. I'm not alone.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Well, this team is bad again..

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
What a shit-show. I was looking forward to the Lehner interview before the 2nd period was over.
Just wow, when Lenhar got pulled it looked like he was about to drop the gloves with the entire bench, and he probably would have kicked all their pansy asses.

Granada

Liked Posts:
What a pathetic effort in both games. This is what this team looks like against actual playoff contenders.

I can recall on the old board, many people saying that this team is much deeper than the previous year. I said I don't really see that; that this team is one superstar injury away from being in trouble. For as much as Keith is maligned by some -- and granted, his play isn't as stellar as it once was -- the guy is still our best d-man by far. When he's out of the lineup, you see what a shitshow we have on the back end -- and blah players like Murphy and de Haan don't do shit to pick up the slack when they're needed most.

I honestly hold my breath every game and pray that Kane doesn't get injured, because if he is out for any length of time, that's it. You're already seeing it with Keith out. Even Strome's absence is having an effect. For a team that supposedly improved depth-wise, they are failing their first big test (adequately covering for an injured core member in Keith) in spectacular fashion.

Granada

Liked Posts:
This is really ugly. They won't do anything till the off season so whatever interest I still had in this team is quickly evaporating. They really need to a White Sox like tank job....just wish now it had started in the previous off season. They need to get young and fast again and that is gonna take awhile. Maybe they can dump some dead weight at the trading deadline....maybe find some team still in contention with injury trouble and not afraid to spend to fix it.

The good thing about these two games is that it should awaken ownership on just how far away they really are from where they need to be. Band-aids won't fix it....it will take a complete over haul. The next question is.....are the right people in place in the front office to do what needs to be done.

I don't think they are.....

The answer to your last question, is no. What they truly need, is Bowman gone. This team will not go anywhere with him at the helm. He has made terrible decision after terrible decision. How good would Philip Danault look on the Hawks right now? But no, Bowman traded him for shit (Fleishmann and Weise, who were gone as quick as they were acquired). How's Nylander working out right now? Garbage, while Jokijarju has been a solid option for Buffalo. Panarin for Saad? Yeah, we all have seen how that turned out (I like Saad, but it's obvious that Panarin is the better player). TT, Hartman, Motte, Schmaltz -- all Bowman picks that were supposed to be "the next big thing," only to disappear.

Other than the core -- who was not assembled by Bowman -- which player has Bowman found that adequately fills in and can be a part of the "new core"? There are literally only three: Dach, Debrincat, and Boqvist. The fact that all these players were picked within just the last 4 years (after being at the helm for the last 10 years), it's ridiculous that this team is currently in the position they are in now. Our cupboards shouldn't be this bare as they are now; and Dach and Boqvist were just picked in the last two years, who knows if they will be the real deal.

All Bowman is good for is drafting shit players and getting retreads back.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, I was one of the team is deeper guys here but in my wildest dreams I don't see us surviving without Keith and strome for long.

I hoped Dach would be better, but he is very green...soon he is perfect to spell strome or toews but not now. Keith holds the defensive machine together. They don't know how to flow without him directing the orchestra.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
12-5 I may just delete this thread from existence.