Hawks vs Blues

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Our puck possession, defense, and finishing skill (pass or shoot) were all deeply impacted by loss of TT. You cant replace that kind of hockey IQ + skill combo.

He was a hound in defensive lanes and a great passer, big reason our corsi crashed and Carolina is now near tops in league.

Danault would have shortly surpassed AA for 2C and probably would still be holding off strome or Smaltz.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Our puck possession, defense, and finishing skill (pass or shoot) were all deeply impacted by loss of TT. You cant replace that kind of hockey IQ + skill combo.

He was a hound in defensive lanes and a great passer, big reason our corsi crashed and Carolina is now near tops in league.

Danault would have shortly surpassed AA for 2C and probably would still be holding off strome or Smaltz.

TT strong defensively? Not so sure about that. I also wouldn't say he was strong in puck possession, as he seemed to lose the puck often. Solid passer -- sure, I'll give him that. Decent o-zone IQ -- yeah, that too. But 35 points in his last year here, only 13 of which were goals -- that's meh to me as far as finishing/production goes, especially for a guy who had the 8th highest PP TOI that year.

Danault would have been a solid 3LC to me. I'm not saying he couldn't play second line, but his skill set (defense, grit, etc.) would have been better suited for third line. I don't really see Danault as being naturally, offensively creative, which is needed in 2LC.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I remember an NBC telecast, if kane has the puck, good luck gettin it, if Panarin has it, good luck gettin it. Yeah TT had that too.

I just hate that this club has no pride in their finds. "We cant afford Saad if he wont take a bridge, we wont be able to afford Panarin, so deal him AFTER we sign him to a 6 million per year deal, we wont be able to afford Hartman, Danault, Vinnie Hinnie, Schmaltz I am still waiting for them to find a way to get Hammer back.

But sign a broken D man to a 4.5 million per year deal for 3 more years, a Maata for 4 million that cant seem to clear a puck if an opponent is open for a pass.

What happens next year? We cant resign Crawford AND Lenhar. Lenhar will want more, I highly doubt Crow would take less than Lenhar would be getting, so is this the year? The final year? Is Nailimov going to come over after this season in the KHL, sporting a 2.15 GAA and .915 save percentage and both are going? When does it come time to move one of these guys along, then who will we be blocking with what comes back our way. Hey, Arizona is going for it, seems that we work well with them on trades, maybe one of these goalies is how we get our Hammer back?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
TT had an element of danger the opposition had to respect.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You
TT strong defensively? Not so sure about that. I also wouldn't say he was strong in puck possession, as he seemed to lose the puck often. Solid passer -- sure, I'll give him that. Decent o-zone IQ -- yeah, that too. But 35 points in his last year here, only 13 of which were goals -- that's meh to me as far as finishing/production goes, especially for a guy who had the 8th highest PP TOI that year.

Danault would have been a solid 3LC to me. I'm not saying he couldn't play second line, but his skill set (defense, grit, etc.) would have been better suited for third line. I don't really see Danault as being naturally, offensively creative, which is needed in 2LC.

Somebody go tell AA you need to be creative to play with Kane.

You are talking in hypotheticals when its known what these players became. They have careers elsewhere? Are you wasted or high?

The Hawks have just 1 player with with more points than Danault. He had 41 assists last year. He is a 200lber and would to this day look better next to kane than anyone we have.

Granada

Liked Posts:
You

Somebody go tell AA you need to be creative to play with Kane.

You are talking in hypotheticals when its known what these players became. They have careers elsewhere? Are you wasted or high?

The Hawks have just 1 player with with more points than Danault. He had 41 assists last year. He is a 200lber and would to this day look better next to kane than anyone we have.

Ironic that the guy who's asking me if I'm high is the same guy saying that TT was strong defensively, lol.

Also, equally ironic that the guy who is hypothetically pegging Danault as the Hawks' 2LC is mad at me for pegging him as the Hawks' 3LC. Newsflash: they're both hypotheticals. Simply because a player plays a certain position elsewhere does no way mean that he would play that same position on a different team, as each team requires different needs and has different depth levels.

And the AA thing: he was the best option at the time.

Granada

Liked Posts:
I remember an NBC telecast, if kane has the puck, good luck gettin it, if Panarin has it, good luck gettin it. Yeah TT had that too.

I just hate that this club has no pride in their finds. "We cant afford Saad if he wont take a bridge, we wont be able to afford Panarin, so deal him AFTER we sign him to a 6 million per year deal, we wont be able to afford Hartman, Danault, Vinnie Hinnie, Schmaltz I am still waiting for them to find a way to get Hammer back.

But sign a broken D man to a 4.5 million per year deal for 3 more years, a Maata for 4 million that cant seem to clear a puck if an opponent is open for a pass.

What happens next year? We cant resign Crawford AND Lenhar. Lenhar will want more, I highly doubt Crow would take less than Lenhar would be getting, so is this the year? The final year? Is Nailimov going to come over after this season in the KHL, sporting a 2.15 GAA and .915 save percentage and both are going? When does it come time to move one of these guys along, then who will we be blocking with what comes back our way. Hey, Arizona is going for it, seems that we work well with them on trades, maybe one of these goalies is how we get our Hammer back?

If they get Hammer back, they would simply be signing another broken D-man. Enough retreads, they don't work. I loved Hammer and hated when he was traded at the time, but the guy has suffered substantial injuries since and he'll be 33 this June. Not worth it.

That's why I hated the Lehner move. Lehner will want a very high salary and a long-term deal. Crawford will not (assuming he doesn't just want to retire after his contract is up or test free agency, the Hawks could probably sign him for 3 million), but would the Hawks really want him back, considering they can't really trust him to stay healthy and have to sign high-priced insurance goalies just to have him on the roster? I think the Hawks are screwed either way.