CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Coattail riding asshole McDonut and every incompetent boob below him needs to go...Mike Smith and Dale Tallon built the Cup winners, and the baseball/soccer guy and the puke faced weasel riding on his daddy's name devolved this team down to the steaming pile of shit I just watched.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
Not sure why everyone is so upset....do you not realize that this has to happen before the things you want like firings and trades to take place. This is not the Blackhawks we're used to seeing.....an won't be for quite awhile.

Get used to it....

Aside from assistant coaches, I don't see any changes being made in the offseason. Both Bowman and his boy JC will be back guaranteed. They are going to use the injury excuse you'll see.

Fred Garvin

Liked Posts:
Firing of JC and Bowman aside...shouldn't Crawford be able to hold a 3-0 lead? I get that the defense let up or whatever....didn't play their best in the 3rd etc.....but you have to be able to trust your goalie not to give up 4 effing goals in 1 period.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Firing of JC and Bowman aside...shouldn't Crawford be able to hold a 3-0 lead? I get that the defense let up or whatever....didn't play their best in the 3rd etc.....but you have to be able to trust your goalie not to give up 4 effing goals in 1 period.
38 shots in which 23 of them were in high scoring areas, this is not on CC, the team in front of him gave up. Until the organization cleans house this is what is to be expected, the Blackhawks are a shit hockey team.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
It is getting to be a every game occurence Colliton has to go back to Rockford!! Guess it wasen't Q's fault?

Just the look on his face, no mouse in his hair, no glasses, he almost looked like "I sure wish I had the respect of these guys so I could go rip them a new one for blowing this game"

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
Thus far the Nylander for Jokiharju trade looks like a bust. Nylander has not scored a goal in 14 games and have only produced 2 assists during that span.

Stan deemed Jokiharju expendable cause his boy JC didn't like his play and limited his minutes last year and kept him in the doghouse.

Last edited:

Belfour'sBlocker

Liked Posts:
Hopefully this is the game that gets Rocky to can stan. Move the guy to the front office if you need to but he shouldn't be the GM any longer.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Thus far the Nylander for Jokiharju trade looks like a bust. Nylander has not scored a goal in 14 games and have only produced 2 assists during that span.

Stan deemed Jokiharju expendable cause his boy JC didn't like his play and limited his minutes last year and kept him in the doghouse.

Who could possibly have seen this coming?

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
38 shots in which 23 of them were in high scoring areas, this is not on CC, the team in front of him gave up. Until the organization cleans house this is what is to be expected, the Blackhawks are a shit hockey team.
Not just that, but as aforementioned: Toews plays the faceoff like he's Denis Arkhipov, the proceeds to blow his coverage again, like he's Denis Arhipov (who, if Mr. Gavin is not familiar with him, was bad even for the 2000's bottom feeder 'hawks). Crawford was hung out to dry. Then, to pour salt in the wound, Jeremy "Mensa Candidate" Coliton...leaves the line out to fail again.

That's a Wile E. Coyote level of genius there...like genius that surpasses "fresh legs"

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not just that, but as aforementioned: Toews plays the faceoff like he's Denis Arkhipov, the proceeds to blow his coverage again, like he's Denis Arhipov (who, if Mr. Gavin is not familiar with him, was bad even for the 2000's bottom feeder 'hawks). Crawford was hung out to dry. Then, to pour salt in the wound, Jeremy "Mensa Candidate" Coliton...leaves the line out to fail again.

That's a Wile E. Coyote level of genius there...like genius that surpasses "fresh legs"
Rofl at mensa candidate

You have a special mind lordy. Reminds me of an old friend I refer to as Dr. METAPHOR.

Professor of mathematics and a physicist, it's good company.

Granada

Liked Posts:

I'd say you're giving Stan too much credit with the bolded -- he deemed Joker expendable because he's a complete idiot. Also, he felt like his big shiny acquisitions in a damaged-goods de Haan and an overrated Maatta made Joker expendable for a hail-mary-try to improve the top-six in Nylander. He was wrong, because he's a terrible GM who overrates his own shitty acquisitions and has absolutely no ability to judge true talent.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:

And Nylander gets punished for bad play by moving to the third line one game, then getting on the kane line with Strome instead of getting scratched. Now Cat is the one being punished.
I can tell that this Joker being a top 4 d man is hurting them to the point of making sure they are not officially claimed busts by sending Nylander to Rockford where he should be.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'd say you're giving Stan too much credit with the bolded -- he deemed Joker expendable because he's a complete idiot. Also, he felt like his big shiny acquisitions in a damaged-goods de Haan and an overrated Maatta made Joker expendable for a hail-mary-try to improve the top-six in Nylander. He was wrong, because he's a terrible GM who overrates his own shitty acquisitions and has absolutely no ability to judge true talent.
Bingo. Smartest man in the room syndrome.

I can understand trading Joker since JC wouldn't play him and let him develop. Fine, but Stan could have and should have gotten more than just Nylander.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Stan gave away Panarin, Stan gave away TT, Stan gave away the Joker and we wonder why this team is shit. Instead we have guys like Nylander, Kubalik and KoKo that pretty much says it all.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
It's hilarious to me how much the bulls and hawks have in common.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ku
Kub
Stan gave away Panarin, Stan gave away TT, Stan gave away the Joker and we wonder why this team is shit. Instead we have guys like Nylander, Kubalik and KoKo that pretty much says it all.

Kub and Dach ares gonna be good, but TT and Panarin are franchise guys. I mean...Seabrook and 1 goalie and your there.

TT should have been bridged, and the center that actually developed we have missed for three years is actually Danult who turned into a stud player and we lost for a rental.

Danult/Panarin/TT for

Seabs/Smith(AA)/Shaw/Saad and maybe have to pick your #1 goalie

Last edited:

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Ku
Kub

Kub and Dach ares gonna be good, but TT and Panarin are franchise guys. I mean...Seabrook and 1 goalie and your there.

TT should have been bridged, and the center that actually developed we have missed for three years is actually Danult who turned into a stud player and we lost for a rental.

Danult/Panarin/TT for

Losing Danult hurt, he has become such a complete player in Montreal.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Ku
Kub

Danult/Panarin/TT for

To me, Danault is the biggest loss. He would look great on the 3rd line. I don't necessarily disagree that TT is a loss, but then again, I don't value him as highly as others (admittedly, I never did, even when he was here; so of course I'd say that). I really didn't mind when he was traded at the time -- same with Leddy, who you could also argue was lost by Stan. But I understood those moves. Both were undersized players who really weren't performing to their standards, at least while they were here. TT wasn't good enough for the top six while here, and really wasn't a true 3rd liner. Maybe the change of scenery lit a fire under him, but personally, I'd rather take my chances on a guy like Dach over having kept TT.

Losing Panarin sucked, but then again, Saad has been our best forward this year. It's not a wash of course, because Panarin is obviously the more productive player, but it doesn't suck as badly as the Danault trade. Saad, to me, is still a solid utility player. He can PK, you can throw him on the PP. He can muck it up along the boards and has good size; and he's a serviceable top-six -- for six million a year, that's a pretty decent return, compared to Panarin, who is lights-out offensively, but is one-dimensional, at an astronomical price per year.

I still think trading AA was just stupid, as was the Joker trade. I'd rather have AA in the lineup over Smith. I was fine with the idea of trading AA, but only if it would have opened up substantial cap room and/or we were getting a better player in return -- but neither of those things occurred. Obviously, Stan wanted to bolster the bottom six, but since he blows at actually identifying talent, he over-valued guys like Smith, Carpenter, Quenneville (who hasn't even been up yet). He's always done this: Johnson, Regin, Garbutt, Bouma, Wingels, Kunitz (my God), etc. It's nothing new; and that's just with regard to the bottom six. His record on top-six and especially the D is even worse; and his drafting is utter shit, as we literally have no one in the pipeline in the 10+ years he's been at the helm, other than his most recent picks in Boqvist and Dach (and Debrincat: his one hit). He has no idea how to fill out a roster that isn't already completely stacked -- no idea whatsoever.