Hawks vs Yotes 9 EST

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
Hawks are going to use the injury excuse to keep Stan and his boy JC for another year.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Team needs a family therapist. Collotons comments tell me team has tuned him out and doesn't agree with him.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Team needs a family therapist. Collotons comments tell me team has tuned him out and doesn't agree with him.
I think they need their moms to travel with...with they way they've been playing you'd expect their full first and middle names used.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Shaw, Saad, Strome, Kane, Toews, kubalik, Cat, Jewels should be better than this. But all the skill on the team in a small/young grouping. I think alot of high school basketball teams could probably beat the shit out of that group of grown men in a parking lot. Showing up to an NHL rink night after night and trying to impose JCs physical grind style of system hockey takes a toll and there faces started getting long weeks ago.

Defense is under talented, but the offense should have been there.

Who do we blame other than JC for these uphill shot disparities every night?

It's frustrating to get this kind of goaltending and be this bad.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
...so in the Strome v Schmaltz sweepstakes...we're even.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
JC has no street cred. You think he can get in the faces of Toews, Kane, Seabs and the like and demand better effort or benching? Not happening. That's why he used Kirby Dach to make an example of as the scapegoat last game by sitting him on the bench in the 3rd.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They both lost sight of who they are and lost the youth required to play that way. We are slow and small.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Time for the JC experiment to end. There is 0 leadership, no pride, and No heartbeat from these guys. Just not sure who they bring in to replace him.

WesIsaLeo

Liked Posts:
Going to be more difficult stretches ahead. It's easy to disparage when the team's playing this way but it's obvious even w/ a full and healthy roster Chicago can't prevent the peppering of shots on Crawford/Lehner.

But one can't shake the feeling this could have been prevented. Lehner has been a great acquisition but I still see no reason for trading a skilled young defenseman for yet another flashy forward w/ potential who isn't benefitting being here as Strome did so suddenly and resoundingly. The one thing Chicago needed was D and someone deals for "potential" O.

Add to trades like that (while also dealing for players w/ recent injury histories) and certain contracts making it difficult to add what's needed and you get a season like this. They're going to have to bit-by-bit integrate players into the fold that can play sound defense. In the meantime the schemes have to be questioned as well; the bleeding is no better and Chicago's goalies deserve more support than they've been getting.

"You'd go out there and try to play your best. But when you knew you'd be down by six runs early on it made it impossible to bear down." Mark Christman, IF-SS for the 1939 St. Louis Brown (43-111) and that's about where the Blackhawks are now for many reasons. They come out swinging then take one on the chin and it's catch-up time from then on.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Shaw, Saad, Strome, Kane, Toews, kubalik, Cat, Jewels should be better than this. But all the skill on the team in a small/young grouping. I think alot of high school basketball teams could probably beat the shit out of that group of grown men in a parking lot. Showing up to an NHL rink night after night and trying to impose JCs physical grind style of system hockey takes a toll and there faces started getting long weeks ago.

Defense is under talented, but the offense should have been there.

Who do we blame other than JC for these uphill shot disparities every night?

It's frustrating to get this kind of goaltending and be this bad.

In all honesty, you look at that list and right now, Saad, Toews and Kane are the only ones teams are game planning for. No shot heat from the back end to speak of. What is usually the answer? Put all three of them on the same line.

Who led the hawks on shots on goal last night? Carpenter with 5, probably battling a rebound sometime. Kane had 1, Toews 2, Saad 0. Outshot 40-30, one yote, Keller had 12 himself.

Were the hawks right that they could not afford Nick Schmaltz who signed a 7 year 40 million dollar contract? That is what, 3 million less than we signed one broken D man and one mistake waiting to happen for with two more years after this? Shaw here at 4 for 2 more years after this one, with Gus and Strome requiring deals and guess what, we have no Lenhar or Crawford signed going forward.

Its been a year, its not working, nobody is coming around, something has to change and it cannot be the players.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
JC has no street cred. You think he can get in the faces of Toews, Kane, Seabs and the like and demand better effort or benching? Not happening. That's why he used Kirby Dach to make an example of as the scapegoat last game by sitting him on the bench in the 3rd.
He's still the coach and technically their boss. He may not have the playing creds that Toews & Co have, but none of the players have the coaching cred he does--and he's got probably the least coaching cred of all coaches.

I don't know what's going through his mind at this point, but honestly if I was in his shoes I'd see my firing being a foregone conclusion--simply due to the adage that coaches are hired to be fired. Ergo, I'd go complete meritocracy/scorched earth--but I'm an asshole like that:

You play well, you get icetime. You don't and your icetime gets reduced. Screw what you've done in the past or if you wear a letter. Chances are we're going to lose anyway and chances are he's going to get fired anyway--why not send a message? Play well you'll get the icetime. Play bad and you won't. You won 3 cups in the past? You ain't winning shit with your play now. And if Toews & company whine to Bowman the Lesser like Toews whines to the refs? Fine, let Bowman fire him--it would be one more nail in Bowman's coffin.