Help a cracker out

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Everyone,

I need to cut my Direct TV bill out completely. We have a smart TV and old PS3. I am content with the local channels and using Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, etc. However, I CANNOT lose our Bears. I, of course, have Sunday Ticket, and now that I have young children I'm not into going to a bar to watch the game. Especially since I don't get home until 3 or 4 A.M.

A lot of you are SUPER SMART CPU guys. Is there anyone that can teach me how to (is it even possible) get the Bears games out here on our TV (through an app or internet???) in Colorado? It is literally the only reason why I still have Direct TV and this nearly $200 bill. We have no landline phone and our internet is through Century Link.

Any advice in laymen's terms would be greatly appreciated. Remember, I'm a restaurant man who can barely post a gif. K.I.S.S.

You're the best.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
1. Buy a Chromecast.
2. Find a stream each week on NFL streams on reddit.
3. Cast the stream to your TV.

This should cover you.

I would recommend installing a program called AceStream and learning how to play AceStream content which is a preferred method of distributing pirate streams.

AceStream can also cast to your Chromecast to display on your TV.

EDIT: Expanding a bit... Chromecast is a device that plugs into an HDMI port on your TV and connects to your Wifi. Then the Chromcast plugin on the Google Chrome browser will see the Chromecast on your home network and allows you to wirelessly "cast" content from your PC to your TV.

DC

Donator
Liked Posts:
Thanks, man. Can you buy this Chromecast at a best buy? And once I plug this in I'll have an option via the TV menu to access the world wide web much like a PC?

AussieBear

1. Buy a Chromecast.
2. Find a stream each week on NFL streams on reddit.
3. Cast the stream to your TV.

This should cover you.

I would recommend installing a program called AceStream and learning how to play AceStream content which is a preferred method of distributing pirate streams.

AceStream can also cast to your Chromecast to display on your TV.

EDIT: Expanding a bit... Chromecast is a device that plugs into an HDMI port on your TV and connects to your Wifi. Then the Chromcast plugin on the Google Chrome browser will see the Chromecast on your home network and allows you to wirelessly "cast" content from your PC to your TV.

this is 100.. i do this.. or if i get lazy n dont wanna get out of bed..i just do it on me phone and dont cast.

DC

Donator
Liked Posts:
So, get the Chromecast hardware-TV will recognize it-then use the internet via TV to download a program called Acestream-Open/load Acestream and search for Bears games when it's time? Does that sound like the logical steps?

AussieBear

So, get the Chromecast hardware-TV will recognize it-then use the internet via TV to download a program called Acestream-Open/load Acestream and search for Bears games when it's time? Does that sound like the logical steps?

i use acestream on kodi.. i got kodi running on android phones and a tablet n then cast/mirror to the tv or just watch on said device. can be put on a pc and other devices.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Not quite.

Chromecast plugs in to your TV.

Then you use Google Chrome and install the Chromecast extension.

Now anything you play from Google Chrome on your PC can be cast, using that Chromecast extension to your Chromecast which is plugged into an HDMI port on your TV.

So you can open Youtube and play a video and cast it to your TV.

Now same concept applies if you open a pirate stream to an NFL game... you can cast it to your TV.

AceStream is a PC application you can download/install.

It has a Media Server component that allows you to play AceStream content (streams) directly to your TV via your Chromecast device.

I would begin with the Chromecast install and figure out how to just play web content like Youtube to the device.

Then move on to finding sports links and playing them to your TV via Chromecast.

Then move on to figuring out AceStream.

If you get to the point you want to use AceStream I can provide a more detailed guide.

Reactions: DC

DC

Donator
Liked Posts:
Thanks again, dude. I will start by getting the Chromecast and figuring that out as you suggested. Good thing is I can start saving money now before football season starts. I appreciate the support and I'll bump the thread and/or PM you if anything comes up.

Cheers!

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
My Dish Network bill is $105 moth with 250 channels, HBO, reg sports network. But then I negotiate price with them every 6 months

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Thanks again, dude. I will start by getting the Chromecast and figuring that out as you suggested. Good thing is I can start saving money now before football season starts. I appreciate the support and I'll bump the thread and/or PM you if anything comes up.

Cheers!

Feel free to PM me... once you get used to using the Chromecast this shouldn't be too hard.

AussieBear

What do they have in Aussie? DingoNet?

dey be gots foxtel.. their platinum be about 137 for all da channels including movies.. they offered dat package to me fer 26 a month for 12 months n 4 free pay per views a month not to leave them.. dats negotiations..but i said naw...

.instead, i pay about 10 dolla a month for 2 device netflix now... even though netflix is not needed its reliable n a backup in a sense.. i pay 0 dollas for all the live sports...and all da movies n tv shows basically ever made.. but i do pay fer interwebs.. so there is that..

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
This is good to know for if/when I move out of the state.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I should probably also throw out just buying an antenna.

They do broadcast all the main stations over air in HD... you can get an antenna and hook it up and watch 2/5/7/9/32 off the air.

Of course this only helps if your local 2/5/7/9/32 are playing Chicago stuff, but for anyone cutting the cord in the Chicago area this is a better option in many cases than dealing with streams.

We did this at my brother inlaw's house for Super Bowl because they have cut the cord... worked fine.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Everyone,

I need to cut my Direct TV bill out completely. We have a smart TV and old PS3. I am content with the local channels and using Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, etc. However, I CANNOT lose our Bears. I, of course, have Sunday Ticket, and now that I have young children I'm not into going to a bar to watch the game. Especially since I don't get home until 3 or 4 A.M.

A lot of you are SUPER SMART CPU guys. Is there anyone that can teach me how to (is it even possible) get the Bears games out here on our TV (through an app or internet???) in Colorado? It is literally the only reason why I still have Direct TV and this nearly $200 bill. We have no landline phone and our internet is through Century Link.

Any advice in laymen's terms would be greatly appreciated. Remember, I'm a restaurant man who can barely post a gif. K.I.S.S.

You're the best.

I cut the Directv cord after this season.

I am going to get the game pass. If you do not care about watching the game live this is easy to do for 99 bucks you can watch the game right after the afternoon games end. Simple.

If you have to watch it live you can do the streams, which can be unreliable, or apparently you can get a VPN, make it look like you do not live in directv capable area, then get the gamepass and stream the games live directly from the nfl in a more reliable format.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I cut the Directv cord after this season.

I am going to get the game pass. If you do not care about watching the game live this is easy to do for 99 bucks you can watch the game right after the afternoon games end. Simple.

If you have to watch it live you can do the streams, which can be unreliable, or apparently you can get a VPN, make it look like you do not live in directv capable area, then get the gamepass and stream the games live directly from the nfl in a more reliable format.

PIA is like 40$ a year.... worth every penny.