Henri Jokiharju, a former 1st-round pick, to the Sabres for forward Alex Nylander

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I just don't understand. Has to be more to the story. Liked his Dad though.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
On STL they basically claimed Jokiharu was "out of favor" with the Hawks because he was a Coach Q player, and Nylander was in a similar boat on the Sabres and both teams decided to trade and bet they could get alot out of the opposing team's 1st round kid who is out of favor.

Supposedly both teams think the change of scenery will make a difference.

I don't like it, at all.... Joker showed alot of potential in his rookie year.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
This was a terrible fucking trade.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Just what is this fuckery?

Ok if Stan wanted to deal Joker, but if this is all he can get in return he should have held him and showcased the player until the trade deadline for a better return.

Boo.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Should have drafted Byram if you were gonna shop Joker. Stan’s makes a few good moves and then does something moronic.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Just what is this fuckery?

Ok if Stan wanted to deal Joker, but if this is all he can get in return he should have held him and showcased the player until the trade deadline for a better return.

Boo.
Its not really all though. Nylander has the name, and was the 8th overall pick. I guess its just aggrivating how that article is written. Nylander was the 8th overall in 2016, Joker was 29th overall in 2017. I would say in draft terms they would have led with the 8th overall part.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The main difference I'm looking at is that Joker, as an 19 year old kid, showed some promise. He wasn't world beating but at 19 was much better in the backend than Keith was at 22, and Keith had a stronger D-corps watching out for him.

Meanwhile, Nylander has done fuck-all in the A.

This move reeks of Stan trying to make Strome v2.0 happen, and honestly, I think this move will be a Pisani-like failure. I hope it's not, but I think it will be irrespective if Joker tanks out.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Thought the offseason was going swell, then they do this. I get that they need offense but I thought Joker was fine last year.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Somehow Joker did not fit what JC wanted in a D-man. JC called Joker out, and once he got demoted writing was on the wall. Not sure about Nylander, but seems like Stan is really high on him. Guess we will see how it plays out.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Somehow Joker did not fit what JC wanted in a D-man. JC called Joker out, and once he got demoted writing was on the wall. Not sure about Nylander, but seems like Stan is really high on him. Guess we will see how it plays out.

Right, but if all Stan can get for Joker is Nylander, then why not instead bundle Joker with Saad or AA in a trade for something of value.

From what I've read, Nylander sucks and is a clear bust so far.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Right, but if all Stan can get for Joker is Nylander, then why not instead bundle Joker with Saad or AA in a trade for something of value.

Fleeced

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Horrible return for the Joker.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
what sucks is giving a gm another chance. I don’t like having a gm on the hot seat. If you are on the hot seat then you have lost confidence of management. Why give it another year? This guy is making moves that can hurt things for years to come. This offseason looks like a save my own ass offseason rather than building a long term winner.

Let’s see whose next to be traded

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The only thing I can think of is that they think Boqvist, Mitchell have a higher ceiling than Joker. Right now it looks like we got the short end of thos trade, but I will hold out hope that Nylander lives up to his potential. Kid has only played in 19 NHL games

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
what sucks is giving a gm another chance. I don’t like having a gm on the hot seat. If you are on the hot seat then you have lost confidence of management. Why give it another year? This guy is making moves that can hurt things for years to come. This offseason looks like a save my own ass offseason rather than building a long term winner.

Let’s see whose next to be traded
Honestly, Stan and Q should have both been shit-canned after 2018. Losing Crawford wasn't an excuse--the team was shit both before and after Crawford went down--the only difference is Crawford was masking the deficiencies--and all that after being rolled by Nashville in 2017.

But really, did you not see this coming?

With 2018 in the review mirror and, at least to my eye, Stan was giving Q just enough rope to hang himself--which by all indications is why we got that slug Manning. The team faltered under Q so Stan used it as a reason to give him the heave-ho mid-season. JC comes in. Team is mixed between worse and okay for the rest of the year. D still sucks like a young boy in Gary Glitter's dressing room, Delia doesn't wrest the starting job, Ward is old, and Crawford looks like he's suffering from PTSD after getting run twice.

The excuse? JC didn't have the year to implement his system. Okay, fine, we're giving it to him. Stan does have the noose around his neck and might just save his own hide, but yeah, it looks like a "mortgage the future" situation.

We'll see though. I'm hoping McDonut is smart enough to fire him if the team is outside looking in--and if not someone asks him/Rocky if they're trying to tank the franchise like $Bill/Pullford at next summer's convention. If they make it in but are ousted in the 1st round I hope they slide him to next season with no extension. If they go deep though, an extension is inevitable. After all, Winning Cures All.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
The only thing I can think of is that they think Boqvist, Mitchell have a higher ceiling than Joker. Right now it looks like we got the short end of thos trade, but I will hold out hope that Nylander lives up to his potential. Kid has only played in 19 NHL games
There will not be a hole for 2 defenders until 2022. This was how long can we hide Joker before he loses all his value. Both of them will be ready to leave after waiting 3 years to play.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:

More importantly, and I know I keep going back to this, but you had the most valuable draft pick this year at number 3 because everyone knew who number one and two was and if you were going to take Dach then why would you not move down and trade for something good and use joker as more value for the trade and still get Dach at lower. Imagine going to a team and saying I will swap you the number three and joker for your first round and a player that's going to be good enough to fill a glaring hole for me.

you bet your prison asshole that you're getting a much better value than nylander here and you still get to keep dach or someone of just as high value

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I hope Stan makes us all look like idiots.... something tells me he won't
Yeah but the question is what does that look like? And is it only worth it if Joker isn't good.