Here we go again. Dorian is a f***ing monster...

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I've been hearing this hurricane parking thing is very rare, but I've now seen it 4 times since 2016, Matthew, Harvey, Florence, and now Dorian.

Matthew parked below Cuba for awhile until moving. The others seemed to park over land. Dorian is the strongest of them though. Harvey and Florence were mainly just rain when it was parked.

Wonder if Climate change is making it more common.

Climate Change is #FakeNews idk why you would posit such a ridiculous notion.

What's next? Asbestos causes cancer?

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Starting to roll in slowly now here. Getting the occasional squall and heavy rain in bursts from the outer bands. But I don't think it's gonna be bad at all. Just like a typical heavy thunderstorm in FL, but lasting for like 8 hrs.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Starting to roll in slowly now here. Getting the occasional squall and heavy rain in bursts from the outer bands. But I don't think it's gonna be bad at all. Just like a typical heavy thunderstorm in FL, but lasting for like 8 hrs.

I heard on the street that hurricanes can be "very wet in terms of water", can you or anyone else confirm this?

Asking for a friend.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I heard on the street that hurricanes can be "very wet in terms of water", can you or anyone else confirm this?

Asking for a friend.
I haven't paid attention to any news today so I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict that the bolded is something our fearless Commander in Chief said?

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I haven't paid attention to any news today so I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict that the bolded is something our fearless Commander in Chief said?
Sounds about right.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Asking for a friend.

They're not wet in terms of water you fucking idiot, they're wet in terms of rain.

Gawd

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Yes, but not about Dorian. He said it previously. "It is the wettest hurricane we have ever seen, in terms of water."

Aren't we blessed to have his genius?

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Do people who run for the POTUS have to take an IQ test?

Some voters consider a candidate being a Special person lunatic to be a plus.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Some voters consider a candidate being a Special person lunatic to be a plus.
It should be a requirement. If I had to take the ACT/SAT to get into college for a 40k job afterwards, I have no idea why someone running to be the POTUS shouldn’t be held to much higher standards.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
It should be a requirement. If I had to take the ACT/SAT to get into college for a 40k job afterwards, I have no idea why someone running to be the POTUS shouldn’t be held to much higher standards.
The higher the level of job typically the less you're asked to do in terms of drug testing, iq testing etc.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Dorian is the first hurricane to miss Florida, but hit the Bahamas and Alabama.

He's like an 8 year old kid, he uses a sharpie to alter the map to make his made up Alabama prediction look like it wasn't bullshit. People could be dying and he is acting like a child.

AP_19247669047307.jpg

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The higher the level of job typically the less you're asked to do in terms of drug testing, iq testing etc.
this is patently false, especially if the company you work for has government contracts.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
this is patently false, especially if the company you work for has government contracts.
I'm not talking about government contracts, but do you know a CEO or CFO that has to pee in a cup or take some iq test, or legit had to roll out there educational history to get their job?