HEY!!! Bowman......

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Wake up and get your head out of your ass. Carolina has lost both their goalies to injury. They're using a zamboni driver to finish tonights game......you have what they need. Get something done!!!!

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
But they won tonight. So buybuybuybuy

puterwiz53

Liked Posts:
The Hurricanes and Hawks are in deep discussion now according to a number of twitter posts.

Mr. Jones

Liked Posts:
That was so awesome for David Ayres I was happy for the guy...but I think I would want Crawford to stay wearing the Indian Head..Lehner and Gust may be gone tomorrow..

Liked Posts:
Just as predicted there is an Arms Race occurring in the Eastern Conference and the Hurricanes are in deep trouble. They not only lost both Reimer and Mrazek but also Brett Pesce for "some time" according to Brind'Amour.

This should be easy pickin's for StanBo!! Take care of this in one move tonight!

Carolina has 6 picks in the first 3 rounds this year and Waddell has said he doesn't want to give up a 1st for a rental.
So, send Waddell: Lehner at 50% retained and Gustafsson - take back Reimer to make the cap numbers work and get Jake Bean, a 2nd, a 3rd and either Roland McKeown or Janne Kuokkanen.

Save your breath if all you have to say is you could never get that. Because right now they are going to be desperate and are going to have to pay to keep playing.

Liked Posts:
Tomorrow's deal should be Olli Maata, Nic Beaudin and a 2021 2nd round pick to Jersey for Subban at 33% retained.

This will finally give the Hawks a D man to run the first P.P. unit that can actually get hard shots through to the net. He would be a good place holder until some of the young guys are ready.

Preemptive explanation for the Nay Sayers: This is a comparable package to what Jersey gave up to get him with a roster player with term left, a top prospect, and a 2nd round pick. I believe they would be happy to get that after the season he has had,
For the Hawks this works because he still has some good hockey left in him and in a better situation he will bounce back. They get a top level power play QB and swap out a third pairing D man for a first pairing D man at a net 2 mil in cap hit.

dchawks59

Liked Posts:
Time for Bowman to be fired, these deals today were terrible and barely brought the Hawks another 2,3 or 4 years before they may be NHL ready. Is that what fans want, maybe by the time they are ready Toews and Kane will be ready to retire- great planning.

Mr. Jones

Liked Posts:
I fear that the Blackhawks are going to be turned into the Redwings...

WesIsaLeo

Liked Posts:
Lehner hasn’t been his best lately but that return is terrible.

Subban isn’t much better w/ this team as is than Forsberg was. If that 2nd-Rd pick turned into another Duncan Keith...but yeah wait for that to happen.

Guatafsson for a 3rd Rd choice; what a haul. Chicago also landed Stanislav Svitov Chistov Vujtek or whoever that is. No stopping this team now after such an eventful day.

I could have made those deals blindfolded for 1/4 of whatever Stan’s earning. Put my name in the fedora for next GM; I’m ready for a career move. ?

chris71

Liked Posts:
How the hell is Bowman still here with that trade? I always thought trades were done to improve the team but Blimey O'Riley what a mother of all messes he has created and just keeps digging a bigger hole.

What has to happen before this idiot is shown the door along with his puppet JC

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The return for Gustafsson and Lehner was not much, but it what is to be expeceted.

There weren't many teams looking for goaltending, so the Blackhawks were in a take it or leave it situation, and if Gustafsson is not scoring, he is completely worthless. And he wasn't scoring.

Bowman has done plenty to deserve firing....Yesterday's moves weren't that terrible.

Granada

Liked Posts:
The return for Gustafsson and Lehner was not much, but it what is to be expeceted.

There weren't many teams looking for goaltending, so the Blackhawks were in a take it or leave it situation, and if Gustafsson is not scoring, he is completely worthless. And he wasn't scoring.

Bowman has done plenty to deserve firing....Yesterday's moves weren't that terrible.

Lehner's return was fine. Gus' was below expectation -- there's no reason why he couldn't have netted a second rounder, compared to other d-men who had done so already. Bowman put himself behind the eight ball when he pulled Gus off the ice days before the deadline, only to wait days to trade him at the last minute. Calgary knew Stan was desperate at that point and shortchanged him.

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Lehner's return was fine. Gus' was below expectation -- there's no reason why he couldn't have netted a second rounder, compared to other d-men who had done so already. Bowman put himself behind the eight ball when he pulled Gus off the ice days before the deadline, only to wait days to trade him at the last minute. Calgary knew Stan was desperate at that point and shortchanged him.
Which #6 defensemen netted a 2nd rounder?

Granada

Liked Posts:
Which #6 defensemen netted a 2nd rounder?

Not sure where they were on the depth chart exactly, but Andy Greene and Mike Green each netted better returns than Gus, who wasn't a #6 d-man last year, when he had a career year.

And by the way, Guss logged the second most minutes of any Hawk defenseman behind Keith this year, as long as we're labeling him a "#6 defenseman." He logged more minutes than any other top-four D on the team other than Keith, lol

He also logged the most even-strength minutes on the team, even more than Keith. The fact that he was many years younger than both Green and Greene should have also factored in a better return.

http://www.nhl.com/stats/skaters?re...yed,gte,1&sort=evTimeOnIce&page=0&pageSize=50