How do u guys feel about a Qb being........

Newblood

Liked Posts:
Glennon and Shaw should battle it out in training camp. Right? Right?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
It seems we always paint ourselves into a corner with Qb's. Seattle once brought in Flynn however, when it was obvious Wilson was better they made the smart move

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dafaq?!?

While you opinion may differ, it is a stone cold fact that no player in the NFL has a job they have not spent the bulk of their lives competing for.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
handed the starting job without competing for it. It's seems like we always do this while making other positions compete.

When you give a guy a 5 year contract with 40 mil guaranteed then you don’t have much choice but to make him the starter.. oh wait..

bears5150

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Um what competition?

Rise

Liked Posts:
It seems we always paint ourselves into a corner with Qb's. Seattle once brought in Flynn however, when it was obvious Wilson was better they made the smart move

Wilson was picked in the 3rd round right? He then won the job, and it wasn't a fair competition as Flynn was handed the job. I think it is likely we take a QB in the 3rd round, and if he beats out Glennon I am sure he would start.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Everyday in the NFL is a competition.

Doesn't matter what a GM says at a press conference.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
handed the starting job without competing for it. It's seems like we always do this while making other positions compete.

Hopefully we land a top QB prospect in the draft, or that Glennon becomes something better than we expect. I don't know about you, but if there is a god, hell its about time he throws this franchise a bone.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Wilson was picked in the 3rd round right? He then won the job, and it wasn't a fair competition as Flynn was handed the job. I think it is likely we take a QB in the 3rd round, and if he beats out Glennon I am sure he would start.

Interesting thought.....but it seems pre-ordained that glennon is the starter according to Pace.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Hopefully we land a top QB prospect in the draft, or that Glennon becomes something better than we expect. I don't know about you, but if there is a god, hell its about time he throws this franchise a bone.

well.....it just seems most Qb's play at a higher level when they know there's competition.

I just don't wanna see us have a situation where a Qb doesn't give a damn about improving or getting better.

cuz they've been handed the job with no competition. ( that was 1 of jay's main problems among other things....IMO) .

Rise

Liked Posts:
Interesting thought.....but it seems pre-ordained that glennon is the starter according to Pace.

It's Glennon's job to lose is how I took it. Same as it was Flynn's job to lose. He will get the first team reps ect, but if someone behind him clearly outplays him I think he would get benched. It is really impossible to know for sure at this point what Pace really thinks in regards to QB. The draft will reveal the truth. If we don't take a top QB on day 1 or 2, then I am holding Pace to Glennon as his chosen QB. As Glennon goes so should Pace in that scenario.

urlacher1lb

Liked Posts:
I think if given a fair shot C. Shaw will be our qb. The kid looked good in that preseason game against the Chiefs before breaking his leg, which was a late hit and cheap shot. Yes I know 1 game don't make a qb but I just have this feeling he stays healthy, he starts and can be a starter for years to come. He started off bad with wearing #8. Hopefully that's Glennon number now. Not that I don't like Glennon but I just got this feeling about Shaw. I believe he would have been our starter last year had he stayed healthy. Health is his problem though.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
He'll be competing against Jay Cutler stats...do any worse and city of Chicago will run him out of town quick!

napo55

Liked Posts:
For a franchise that has devalued the importance of the position for many years, it's hardly surprising.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
:shibe: