How do you cope...

reelss

Liked Posts:
Back in 2015, it was rumored that Pace wanted Mariota and was willing to trade up, but couldn't. Mariota and Mitch do not inspire faith in Pace to get the QB situation right.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have no problem coping and am very content with where the Bears are right now. Nagy's play calling bothers me at times, especially the trickery, one or two a game is quite enough.

Last year the Bears ran a nice control the ball time consuming offense. This kept the defense fresh. I would rather have an 8 minute drive for a TD than a 72 yard TD pass every time. I might even prefer an 8 minute drive ending with a FG than a 1 play 72 yard. TD pass. I am confident we will minimally witness last year's type offense again this year.

I don't give a shit about offensive stats, fantasy and highlight films. Bears were rusty week one, so were the Packers. Happened to lose. Then went into Denver and won a tough one. I don't understand at all what the lunacy panic is.

Looking forward to tomorrow night. Everyone here should too. 41-13, 3 to 4 offensive TDs, 1 to 2 by defense. The defense needs to start scoring too, and they will.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Don’t let what you can’t control bother you.
Every Bear fan wants the Bears to play great on offense and so far they have not but they are 1-1 and hopefully they get this thing rolling.
I’ll never lose sleep like I used to in the 90’s because it will just kill you.
^THIS
At the end of the day, it's just a damn game.

Southside

Liked Posts:
I have no problem coping and am very content with where the Bears are right now. Nagy's play calling bothers me at times, especially the trickery, one or two a game is quite enough.

Last year the Bears ran a nice control the ball time consuming offense. This kept the defense fresh. I would rather have an 8 minute drive for a TD than a 72 yard TD pass every time. I might even prefer an 8 minute drive ending with a FG than a 1 play 72 yard. TD pass. I am confident we will minimally witness last year's type offense again this year.

I don't give a shit about offensive stats, fantasy and highlight films. Bears were rusty week one, so were the Packers. Happened to lose. Then went into Denver and won a tough one. I don't understand at all what the lunacy panic is.

Looking forward to tomorrow night. Everyone here should too. 41-13, 3 to 4 offensive TDs, 1 to 2 by defense. The defense needs to start scoring too, and they will.

Dude, the Bears have been held under 20 points by the Eagles, Packers, and Broncos in three straight games. What you described about a possession offense that ends with FG's is basically an admission that you want Mitch to be a game manager. He was drafted before Watson and Mahomes in the same draft, he CANT just be a game manager. If that's the case he's not the future. Also, the Bears only scored 3 in Week 1, that is MORE than rust. That's a lack of ability mostly from the QB position. Was he rusty in Denver or againt Philly too when we couldnt help the defense? Lastly, offense needs to score NOT the defense. The defense is already holding the opponent below 20, what more do you want? Bears barely beat Denver, if there was a game for Mitch to blow somone out it was last week.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Looking forward to tomorrow night. Everyone here should too. 41-13, 3 to 4 offensive TDs,
And if this doesn't happen?

You dont get at all frustrated watching so many young QB's completely ball out on so many different teams?

I don't get it..

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
What better way to celebrate the 100 year anniversary?

Exactly!

Suffocating defense with an offense routinely two decades behind the rest of the league. Chicago Bear football at it's finest.

If you came for the QB play...boy did you hitch up the wrong horse.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Lamar Jackson makes some of the worst decisions. He will fall from grace.

Mahomes is generational.

Something just seems off with Watson. He’s great then below average. He takes too many sacks then throws a great pass. He finishes it with an interception.

Trubisky is a game manager and nothing more. Nagy is his worst enemy early in 2019.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
It's really tough to get over on Sundays. In the past, the Bears have passed on players that went on to have incredible careers but it was always something that just was. All teams that have had long title droughts can say the same. But this is different. Personally, i've been so starved to see a great QB on the Bears and for the longest time i honestly felt like i'll never see it happen. What made it worse was watching Rodgers play at that elite level year after year...Even when the Bears are bad, they're not bad enough to draft the superstar QB.

It's a really tough pill to swallow to know that their time was finally here and they even drafted up and took the wrong guy. Last season was rough when you saw how great Mahomes was and it was becoming evident that this guy is going to become one of the all time greats but you still had hope for your own guy. I never thought much of Mitch but i still hoped. But at this point when you're hoping the guy you took can be good enough to not lose you games and Mahomes has the potential to be the best ever...There's no way of feeling better about it. The only way to at least numb the pain is if they end up finding a guy of their own, who they can call a franchise QB or if they win a SB that we can talk about for another 30 years while they still search for the QB.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The funny thing is the fans that say they’re sick of hearing about Mahomes. They don’t get it..... they may hear about it the rest of their lives. Pace passing on him looks like one of the all time Chicago sports blunders.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The funny thing is the fans that say they’re sick of hearing about Mahomes. They don’t get it..... they may hear about it the rest of their lives. Pace passing on him looks like one of the all time Chicago sports blunders.
I dont find it funny.

It's going to be the biggest "what if?" when looking back... if the Bears blow their chance with this elite defense, when they could have so easily had Mahomes and shredded this league.... its gonna hurt badly.