How do you cope...

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
... with watching Mahomes and Watson just be excellent week in week out? As a Bears fan, it's so disheartening watching these 2 perform at such an elite level, knowing that the Bears could have had either of these guys and just picked wrong. Chiefs are 3-0, Texans are 2-1, and both teams are collecting wins BECAUSE of how good those 2 have been/are playing, not in spite of how they are playing..

It doesn't end there either...

Lamaar Jackson has looked much improved
Danny Dimes just had an impressive rookie outing
Kyle Allen just put on a clinic for the Panthers
Even 6th round rookie Gardner Minshew has looked better than what we've seen in Chicago

This isn't a "trash Trubs" thread, and I know the offensive woes extend beyond just Trubs (Ahem, Kyle shitdick Long). But man.... this shit sucks.

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
Same shit you did before... keep cheering for the Bears until they're out of the playoffs but in the meantime identify another team you want to cheer for to win the superbowl once the bears are done for

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
... with watching Mahomes and Watson just be excellent week in week out? As a Bears fan, it's so disheartening watching these 2 perform at such an elite level, knowing that the Bears could have had either of these guys and just picked wrong. Chiefs are 3-0, Texans are 2-1, and both teams are collecting wins BECAUSE of how good those 2 have been/are playing, not in spite of how they are playing..

It doesn't end there either...

Lamaar Jackson has looked much improved
Danny Dimes just had an impressive rookie outing
Kyle Allen just put on a clinic for the Panthers
Even 6th round rookie Gardner Minshew has looked better than what we've seen in Chicago

This isn't a "trash Trubs" thread, and I know the offensive woes extend beyond just Trubs (Ahem, Kyle shitdick Long). But man.... this shit sucks.
Don’t let what you can’t control bother you.
Every Bear fan wants the Bears to play great on offense and so far they have not but they are 1-1 and hopefully they get this thing rolling.
I’ll never lose sleep like I used to in the 90’s because it will just kill you.

Porkchop

Liked Posts:
It sucks, but Trubisky will improve. He has the capability, he just needs to get his feet wet.

No preseason and having to start the year against a vastly improved Packers defense and then go on the road to Denver, where teams rarely win, didn't help matters.

I just hope Nagy starts calling plays to get him in the best position to succeed. Our playcalling has been so effing conservative and I don't think that's helping his case. Gotta let him rip it on occasion.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
It makes me want to vomit

And then you come onto CCS and people are all like "let's just give him a few more games"

and I want to vomit more

Or you encounter homophobic remarks and accusations of smearing oneself with their own feces from one of his biggest fanboys.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
It makes me want to vomit

And then you come onto CCS and people are all like "let's just give him a few more games"

and I want to vomit more
Looks like you are just gonna have to live with it because they are probably going to give him the whole season....Think positive it will help you if it can’t help your team

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Looks like you are just gonna have to live with it because they are probably going to give him the whole season....Think positive it will help you if it can’t help your team
Yes, I will continue to cheer for DSM, but my expectations are tempered. I was pretty high on him coming into the season, but I've see nothing that makes me think he has taken a step and can single handly win this team games like other QBs around the league are doing. It is what it is at this point, I just hope if it continues Pace/Nagy seriously consider a plan B in next years draft.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Yes, I will continue to cheer for DSM, but my expectations are tempered. I was pretty high on him coming into the season, but I've see nothing that makes me think he has taken a step and can single handly win this team games like other QBs around the league are doing. It is what it is at this point, I just hope if it continues Pace/Nagy seriously consider a plan B in next years draft.
No matter what, I always give the Bears an 8-8 record to start the season....for me it’s easier to take if they don’t do as well and a big bonus, like last year, when they do well. Plus I have no individual I cheer for because I am more team oriented

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
A) Realizing that our D is amazing and will keep us in most games.

B) I'm am eternal optimist. I hope that A is enough to keep us in the hunt while the offense figures shit out: Allen Robinson and Montgomery are both great. Offensive line needs to get their shit together. We have weapons that haven't shown up yet, looking at you Miller. Trubisky needs to get way more consistent. Playcalling hasn't been great. All that said, I do think we have enough talent on that side of the ball to compete given A. But ffs, I hope they get it going soon.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I vent here.

Sooner or later Trubisky will have a 2 TD 250 yard game....but we deserve consistency. Can he string together 3 good games?

All anyone is asking is that he's slightly better than average.
No I think most people want 4 tds and 350 yards. Why not? When you set your expectations high it’s easy to get knocked down. Don’t ever listen to the experts because they are guessing mostly.

GO BEARS

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
It isn't really fair to compare Trubisky to other NFL QBs because the Bears are the only team in the entire league that doesn't have a top 5 offensive line, multiple all-pro weapons who always run the right route, a playcaller who always calls the ideal play, fans that support the QB enough, a defense that never misses tackles, etc.