How lucky were we!!!!!

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Since you don't get anything out of being on this forum, there is only one reason why you are here.

To wait for the day when people like Spunky Porkstacker and Ijustposthere start posting more and people like TL1961 and beckdawg start posting less?

CSF77

Liked Posts:
To wait for the day when people like Spunky Porkstacker and Ijustposthere start posting more and people like TL1961 and beckdawg start posting less?

Beckdawg is posting less. Which is a bad thing. He is by far more interesting and intellengent than all of us.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Beckdawg is posting less. Which is a bad thing. He is by far more interesting and intellengent than all of us.
He's certainly bright and I enjoy the attention to details he posts, whether I agree with them or not. Very thoughtful poster.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
The trade proposed was for 2017. We had already traded Torres. The only thing you could say is maybe they dont trade Jiminez and Cease because we wouldnt need Quintana. But,

The way I see it was Theo and them banked on Russell becoming what Baez is now maybe not with the power, but the all around game. They also probably believed that depth with Schwarber, still Theo golden boy, and Happ who I have read was a big favorite of the front office.

Baez was not their pick. He didnt have the philosophy at the plate that Theo and them have drafted since they got here. Baez biggest supporter has always been Joe. I dont think the FO has ever backed him like Joe has in his career.

In the end, its a bunch of what if's but if the Tigers had to do it again. They would be unloading Fulmer in a heartbeat for that package or to the Astros for Bregman.

That is exactly what it boiled down to for me. Baez was Hendry's last pick. He would not stop swinging too hard and had not eye and was honestly seen as a guy that thought he had it all, especially having that MLB logo tatooed on his neck.

After almost quitting the game, there was very little to see with them depending on him. The intangibles were always thru the roof.

For the most part, it is why I always thought Almora would have gotten more of a chance to play regularly since he was Theo's first pick. It all worked out. Now to try to get him to sign a 6 or 7 year 100 million dollar contract.