How Was This Not Holding????

Kazu2324

Liked Posts:
[video=youtube_share;P5MgTLqZUsM]https://youtu.be/P5MgTLqZUsM?t=8m4s[/video]

So 8:04 - how is this not a holding call? This might be one of the worst missed calls. Their RT tackle literally tackles Khalil Mack!

Also remember the announcers being idiots and not freaking out about how that was a missed call. They actually said something along the lines of, "Well if you can't block him, tackle him!" like that was the correct call.

SMDH, no idea how the refs missed that one... Luckily the Bears were up so much that it was inconsequential, but still ridiculous.

Edit: doesn't seem like they'll let me see the Youtube Vid from the post, so here's the link.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Saw that live, the replay made it even worse. You could see it was a tackle block from a mile away

mecha

Liked Posts:
wasn't that the play where Spielman was gushing about how it was such a great move to tackle Mack? :lmao: I personally thought it was kind of silly, but at least it didn't change the game.

Kazu2324

Liked Posts:
Yes! That part baffled me. I had no idea if he was being sarcastic and saying like you can only stop Mack by tackling him. Or if he was being serious and thought it was a good play by the RT...

bearsfootball516

Liked Posts:
Mack is so good that if the refs wanted, they could probably call holding every other play.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It was mercy by the refs.... they started to allow a fair number of flagrant holdings/block in the backs in the 2nd half.

We still have zero roughing the passer calls, so I will take that.

discplayer

Liked Posts:
Mack is so good that if the refs wanted, they could probably call holding every other play.

This! I remember hearing a commentator once claim that Lawrence Taylor was so good that he was being held often, so often that the refs "had to pick their spots." They couldn't call it every play he was held or it would slow down/ruin the game.

I'm feeling that Mack is treated the same way.

BradyJay

Liked Posts:
He was getting held all day tbh

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Overall, I think we got more than our share of calls in that game yesterday, especially early on. The late ones were totally irrelevant.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Floyd gets held a lot as well.

Offensive linemen holding has to be the most overlooked/uncalled penalty in footbaw.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Did not have to look this one up, I was yelling at the TV monitor, in the sports bar, when it happened.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This! I remember hearing a commentator once claim that Lawrence Taylor was so good that he was being held often, so often that the refs "had to pick their spots." They couldn't call it every play he was held or it would slow down/ruin the game.

I'm feeling that Mack is treated the same way.

Lawrence Taylor on Mack: He's me.

Dagman310

Liked Posts:
That hold pissed me off. I understand missing a penalty here and there but this one was way too obvious to miss.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

jonimus

Liked Posts:
Yes. Spielman was joking about this. He intentionally had the replay zoomed in on the tackle on Mack and commented I believe twice how this is a great tackle.. in a completely sarcastic way. Spielman was pretty hillarious in this broadcast, might've helped the bears were dominating.