How would you compare Trubisky last year to Cutler?

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What highs are you speaking of?

TBH, I can only recall two games in which Cutler tried to lead his team to victory. Once was against the Lions where he took a beating but ended up winning the game. The other was against the Saints where the whole team played terrible and Cutler was the only guy doing anything, but the Bears comeback fell short.

I've never seen a QB start for so long and be so consistently inconsequential to the team winning games. Cutler was like Jay Fielder with a big contract.

I remember that game at the Lions (night game I think) where Cutler was the only guy who showed up and they lost, but he took a serious beating and balled out.

The other one was against the jets in 2010. Cold game at home where they won 38-31 or something like that. Sanchez kept scoring and Cutler kept responding. Think he had two or three TDs to Knox in that game.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think their kinda similar to this point both somewhat of a disappointment, but the arrival of Matt Nagy really can't be understated. I think the Bears may be one of the best coached teams in the league right now, which was not the case during cutlers tenure. Mitch is in a perfect situation, let's see if he can capitalize.

This. I think Nagy is the perfect coach for Trubisky, and I think Trubisky would be a bottom third starter on most teams. Here he has a shot at being a top half starter.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I remember that game at the Lions (night game I think) where Cutler was the only guy who showed up and they lost, but he took a serious beating and balled out.

The other one was against the jets in 2010. Cold game at home where they won 38-31 or something like that. Sanchez kept scoring and Cutler kept responding. Think he had two or three TDs to Knox in that game.

There was the Chargers game he hurt his thumb, Eagles game vs Vick when they were the hottest team in NFL, Seahawks playoff game.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
There was the Chargers game he hurt his thumb, Eagles game vs Vick when they were the hottest team in NFL, Seahawks playoff game.

Yeah.

Still not much over an eight year span though. Terrible underachiever was Jay.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'll never give @PrideisBears the satisfaction of getting embroiled in a debate where I'm going to bat for Cutler, so I'm not getting deep into this one.

Agreed that Trubisky is the better option because he has already shown that he wants to and has gotten better, and is more likely to continue to improve than Cutler ever was.

Cutler had far more natural talent when it comes to throwing footballs though.
Lol im out of Cutler debates for now on

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:

A Flacons game too where Cutler took a huge hit on a sack and came back to light them up. Can't remember what year that was

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I would never compare J-Cut to M-Turb

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Coachable and not greatly talented beats highly talented but completely uncoachable and uninterested, I suppose.

Kazu2324

Liked Posts:
The Seahawks playoff win where he threw 2 TDs and ran for another 2 was up there, but that's about it. Most of his most memorable games are when he told Martz to go fuck himself, 9 sacks vs. the Giants and then concussion, 4 INTs vs. Hall, etc.

I will say though that maybe the 2011 season when we were 7-3 before he injured himself trying to tackle the defender on another INT, he was playing pretty well beforehand. I remember thinking maybe this is the Cutler we will see from now on. Then he hurt himself and then reverted back to his old self.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Out of Cutler’s eight years with the team, how many seasons did Cutler have that you would say were better than Trubisky last year?

None.

Do you think Cutler will be reppin' the Bears, Broncos, or Dolphins when he gets inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame? Or perhaps the Packers? #Trollface