I can go back to work!

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No pain! Docs gave me okay! Work was satisfied with docs' notes!

Back to work Tuesday!!!

Stopped in today (well, Thursday) to bring docs' notes and see some of my people.

Plant is shut down this week but some people are in for painting and inventory and such so I got to give out some high fives.

I guess I will see how day shift goes. I am NOT thrilled about that aspect, I had it at an unbelievable level of gravy on afternoon shift. Hopefully they will fire my shift back up and let me get back to my audio books and rock & roll at night soon.

It's not that I hate people, well, yeah, maybe it is, but I just don't like having people around while I work.

I also get a short week to adjust to day hours (see? I am still up at 1:30 AM now).

Work Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, then off next Friday for shots into my spine.

I really hope that takes care of the tingling numbness in my hand and arm.

Damn it was good to see those guys.

They all lit up like xmas trees when I walked in today and yelled " I'M BACK!!!! "

I am sure we will all piss each other off soon enough, haha, maybe get my shift started back up earlier that way.

I should go in tomorrow and talk to my machine.

I know that dirty old bitch has been missing me.

I only got to smile at her today, was too busy talking to people instead of talking to what makes me the money. (It sure looked like she was smiling back though, poor girl, idle and powered down. I always treat her right.)

bri

Liked Posts:
It is a nice way for you to greet the New Year. I am happy for you. I know you have been looking forward to getting back. Take it easy and ease back in.

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Great news Jam! I would normally insinuate that someone is insane in the membrane for joyously wanting to return to work but in this case I know from chat how long you've been out and more importantly how jacked up your neck/back were so I am just stoked for you if you're not actually in pain anymore.

HAPPY WORKING!

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thanks!

Seeing as I am a day shifter for now, I will often be in chat for the games.

bri

Liked Posts:
So how was work? Was it everything you dreamed it would be?

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It was fine, but I am exhausted.

Got very little sleep last night.

Bed early tonight.

howcho

Liked Posts:
Good for you. I never knew about your injury history but I am happy for you none-the-less.

jaxhawksfan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't know the extent of your injuries either but glad you are able to get back to work.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thanks!

Had a sprain in my neck and I have a bone spur.

Hopefully the injection into my spine Friday will take care of the numbness in my hand.

bri

Liked Posts:
Are you at work or on your lunch?

supraman

Liked Posts:
Thanks!

Hopefully the injection into my spine Friday will take care of the numbness in my hand.

A numb hand? Great for jerking it.

howcho

Liked Posts:
A numb hand? Great for jerking it.

Feels like someone else? That's why you need to employ the Reverse Dutch Overhand Method.

IceHogsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thanks!

Ouch

Good luck on your recovery.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
OK....

Doc says I have a narrowed nerve opening in neck which puts pressure on nerve causing tingling numbness.

Didn't give me the steroid injection into spine. Instead putting me on nerve meds and 6 weeks of appointments with the physical therapy cuties.

Sounds like I may get my shift back soon.

We have to hire someone, then I have to train them, but then shift choice is mine.

Now I gotta go pick up my meds and then call boss to see if he needs me in today.

sth

Liked Posts:
OK....

Doc says I have a narrowed nerve opening in neck which puts pressure on nerve causing tingling numbness.

Didn't give me the steroid injection into spine. Instead putting me on nerve meds and 6 weeks of appointments with the physical therapy cuties.

Sounds like I may get my shift back soon.

We have to hire someone, then I have to train them, but then shift choice is mine.

Now I gotta go pick up my meds and then call boss to see if he needs me in today.

Ytsejam do mind me asking what is your job?

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm a machinist in a shop that didn't have a CNC machine or know what one was until I started.

It is a 1986 hunk of shit but the company has enough money to buy me something kick ass if I can work this one to death 1st.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well kick ass!

Told ya my boss loves me. Everyone got cost of living raise today and my boss says he is going to get me another raise.

I know they missed me bad for 2 months, management will go for it.

But.....after being gone 2 months, and now on different shift, things have changed quite a bit.

Not bad really, just different in ways. Even when I get my shift back (hopefully) things will be different.

I am sure I will have my rock & roll / audio book stereo playing loudly then.

I may consider it a condition of my employment.

I think the meds and PT may just get me better.

Feeling better, feeling positive.

howcho

Liked Posts:
Picture of said machine and description of its function please!

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Picture of said machine and description of its function please!

I thought I had some pics but I can't find them.

Here's a pic from an old but very similar job:

IMG_0294.jpg

I use my machine (and its tooling) to do stuff like above. Putting holes, slots, grooves, bevels and such on things.

The part above is part of a tractor or something. That place just did farmed out work for other shops.

All the stuff I make now stays in house until assembled and SOLD.

And you won't see any fucking rust on my vices either.