I don't think Massie or Leno could realistically make it onto an NFL roster

Bort

Liked Posts:
I think if Pace were to cut Leno and Massie, neither of them would be able to make it onto a 53 man roster in 2020.

Consider that Cornelius Lucas got cut from the Rams in 2017, and then got cut by the Saints in 2018, and then came in and was a significant upgrade from Massie. How could Massie realistically even make another team as a backup when he can't play as well as a UDFA who has been training camp fodder the last 2 seasons?

And Leno has been even worse than Massie.

And Pace has a combined $26 million committed to them in guaranteed/dead money going forward.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
buy-a-do-name-it-clue-then-youll-have-one-17752228.png
\

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
I think if Pace were to cut Leno and Massie, neither of them would be able to make it onto a 53 man roster in 2020.

Consider that Cornelius Lucas got cut from the Rams in 2017, and then got cut by the Saints in 2018, and then came in and was a significant upgrade from Massie. How could Massie realistically even make another team as a backup when he can't play as well as a UDFA who has been training camp fodder the last 2 seasons?

And Pace has a combined $26 million committed to them in guaranteed/dead money going forward.

Massie is a mauler power run blocker. Hes straight forward solid power. Asking him to pass protect 40 times a game isn't how you win with him or any RT without a chip.

Your TE situation actually fucks the RT more than anything. No defense respects them enough to care about a chip or commit a 2nd defender to coverage or help.

Upgrading one position group will definitely help the other here.

Upgrade at TE and OT are crucial hits this offseason.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Leno was in the Pro Bowl somehow. then they changed the offensive line coach. is it a coincidence that the entire offensive line has become like Omiyale/Webb level bad since then? I don't know. to the point about lack of TEs, that's probably what's ruined the entire dynamics of the offense.

Trey Burton and his vaginal spasms.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

I'm critical of these two players, but that is overboard nonsense....

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Ummmm ........they both are better than JaMarcus Webb and he played on other teams. He might still be in the league

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
CCS is delusional and has tunnel vision. There aren’t a ton of good OL in the league.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
I have trouble believing someone who talks about garaunteed/dead money but doesn’t actually know how it works.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think this just a case of angry Bear fan.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I have trouble believing someone who talks about garaunteed/dead money but doesn’t actually know how it works.
Respond to this if you've had a lot of cap discussions and never got one wrong.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Respond to this if you've had a lot of cap discussions and never got one wrong.
You don’t make the rules around here, bitchtits. OP starts a thread im discussing his content: it sucks and he got his numbers wrong.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nice evade. I bet you drive a Corvette.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
It's the toughest position to fill in the nfl. They're just aren't very many good OL available anywhere

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Leno and Massie could not start for a playoff team this year.

But they are NFL starters.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

I get what you're going for but actually both of them would have multiple teams wanting them for their 53 and even to start. They had bad years but not that bad.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Leno was in the Pro Bowl somehow. then they changed the offensive line coach. is it a coincidence that the entire offensive line has become like Omiyale/Webb level bad since then? I don't know. to the point about lack of TEs, that's probably what's ruined the entire dynamics of the offense.

Trey Burton and his vaginal spasms.

Ummmm yeah, Harry Hiestand has been the OL coach for 2 years.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
Leno is absolutely awful..It seems like the Bears usually have trouble with LT's..Remember the ones we had with Cutler?..Omiyale??..Yikes..Bushrod was no star either

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I can’t believe so many people are defending Leno he’s a worse left tackle then Trubisky is a quarterback.

I don’t care how much money he makes but he needs to be sitting on the bench or his couch collecting his checks.

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
So, here’s the thing. Due to dead money, Leno and Massie will more than likely be your starters at both spots next year. That’s just the situation. Yes, both need to have better years individually. The coaching staff should also put them in better situations. Due to the TE position being utter garbage, that wasn’t the case. Pace should be looking for tight ends who are actually good at blocking and can help the tackles when needed.