I don't think there will be a drop-off after Jordan Howard's departure

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
It's more than that. Bears got rid of a fan favorite that was the O for years and then moved up in the draft for his heir apparent. It's a big deal.

Fan favorite for all of 2 years? By the time 2017 ended, I think more fans were more enamoured with Cohen than Howard.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Very worried about his pass protection but it looked like the sack allowed was on #49 Bunting. The other play at the 2:30mark wasn't a sack but he had 2 guys to block and picked up the ILB & the S came free for the tipped pass. I didn't get to watch the game so I could have the wrong plays altogether

Not blaming Montgomery for the sack. Just trying to rain on the parade.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Fan favorite for all of 2 years? By the time 2017 ended, I think more fans were more enamoured with Cohen than Howard.
LOL. Ya, frame it any way you want. I wanted Monty, we got him, I'm happy.

The denial that fans were all about the Howard for most of his stay here is humorous. Of course it was 2 years. His 3rd in a new system is why he's gone but this board bitched plenty about it.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
LOL. Ya, frame it any way you want. I wanted Monty, we got him, I'm happy.

The denial that fans were all about the Howard for most of his stay here is humorous. Of course it was 2 years. His 3rd in a new system is why he's gone but this board bitched plenty about it.

I won't lie; I liked Howard and was worried when the Bears let him go. I loved the way he ran, and loved the way he generally got stronger as the game went on. I also liked that some of his bigger runs that he broke off. He wasn't a "take it to the house" kinda guy, but he certainly was an occasional "grab 20 yards" kinda guy. I also think he will do well in Philadelphia, especially against the NFC East teams.

With that being said, I am glad we have Montgomery.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I also always thought he was plenty fast enough for his running style. He just wasn't 'sudden'.