I F***ing HATE AIRPODS!!!

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Lol, I literally just ordered my first pair today from apple.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Go be poor somewhere else lol

point isn't about money

point is that apple products are no longer being evaluated based on performance or practicality because for so many, they have become fashion accessories. because of marketing. and apple products have been in many cases getting pretty shitty lately

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
point isn't about money

point is that apple products are no longer being evaluated based on performance or practicality because for so many, they have become fashion accessories. because of marketing. and apple products have been in many cases getting pretty shitty lately

The latest iPhones are pretty great. I will probably never go back to another phone, tbh. Only reason I own a pair of those shit headphones is cuz they came with the phone. I don't own anything else Apple.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The latest iPhones are pretty great. I will probably never go back to another phone, tbh. Only reason I own a pair of those shit headphones is cuz they came with the phone. I don't own anything else Apple.

Yeah, phones are prob their best product followed by the new ipad pro or whatever, which is actually pretty sweet. But still, the phones haven't done anything new and useful for like 4 generations. At this point, phones are kinda all the same across major brands imo. Their computers are becoming shit kinda. great looking shit

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Since we're shitting on Apple, they've also fucked up the MB Pro in recent years. I have one of the last good models they made, and whenever it dies, I will likely be looking elsewhere unless they get their shit together.

Also Novak, take a look at Samsung next time you switch phones. They make a nice product.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Since we're shitting on Apple, they've also fucked up the MB Pro in recent years. I have one of the last good models they made, and whenever it dies, I will likely be looking elsewhere unless they get their shit together.

Also Novak, take a look at Samsung next time you switch phones. They make a nice product.

I refuse to buy samsung, their phones are garbage.

People laugh, but Motorola is making the best phones right now.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I refuse to buy samsung, their phones are garbage.

People laugh, but Motorola is making the best phones right now.

Shrug. I've had a Galaxy S8 for a long time, and absolutely zero problems.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I had the experience of their phones going bad about 20 months in. It was almost like it was designed to be dead at two years. My last Motorola phone lasted four years, two without a case. The only reason I got rid of it was: they had a great deal on a new phone, my battery was starting to struggle if I played on it all day, and I was running out of storage.

To each their own, I just made the decision not to give Samsung all that money anymore and have never regretted it.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ehh...The biggest problem with Applesung phones, especially leased on the VeriT&T network is the insane amount of bloatware preinstalled that you simply can't get rid of without rooting it.

I get the Motorola love. Personally I've been happy with my U11 (a.k.a. "The Squeeze phone"). Very little bloatware.

As for Apple though. The last thing I ever used of their was playing The Oregon Trail on an Apple //e.

The old CTRL+ALT+DEL sums up my feelings about Apple Succinctly:
cad-20050608-3bfb8.x94857.jpg

So there's no way in fuck I'm getting Airpods.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
As for Apple though. The last thing I ever used of their was playing The Oregon Trail on an Apple //e.

My last Apple experience was playing F-15 Strike Eagle on my Apple 2c. ~1985 or so.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
My last Apple experience was playing F-15 Strike Eagle on my Apple 2c. ~1985 or so.
Nice. Yeah, for us it was late 80's early 90's in the school's computer lab. Good times!

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
The thing I hate most about the apple perception, is when companies with excellent products with innovations from the worlds best engineers stop to look at one segment of sales, then ignore their hard work and try to be more iOS in some way(which is no innovation of it's own, just a rip-off of something some hack made years before from an open source project). Even hardcore apple fans are fatigued, because Apple changes something people love and are used to for some crap locked down design that requires some major consumer-bias to overcome. But what I don't get, these competitors who have a bigger worldwide user-base seem to ignore that Apple users also dislike whatever said feature is forced onto them, but to try and capture that segment of the market, they STILL push shit onto their loyal users. Which then makes them disloyal and go elsewhere.

In short, disconnected CEOs and unqualified CTOs have really slowed down innovations, and shaken things up in ways that have wasted years of productivity for those who depend on it. And I blame a lot of it on the original Atari-then adapted and amplified Apple model, where you put as much into PR and Marketing to take advantage of human psychology, as you do actually making something worth a damn. You put enough into psychology, you can convince anyone something decent is very good. This creates fanboy culture, etc.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Yeah, I've had it for two years now and it still seems like it's new.

I also had the Galaxy S2, S4, and S6. The only reason I moved on from the S6 was because my GF got a buy-1-get-one-free deal. Otherwise, the S6 was running just fine.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Another thing that also amazes me, when you buy an iPhone day 1 or soon after release, that is the fastest that device will ever be. Every update will just slow it down in some fashion, whether noticeable or not. Whether intended as part of the planned obsolescence model or just fixing issues from the start. But with most flagship and even some mid-range Android devices, they are okay at the start (okay, as far as reaching their performance) and the updates improve performance considerably for the next 18 months or so. And it's funny, because within the one year release cycle, the benchmarks sites use will be day-1 iPhone vs day-1 Android device. S3/S6/Nexus(most, not all) and Pixels are a great example, because while all were very fast on launch, they were able to see pretty large jumps in performance many years later while adding features. iPhone 3 was the last iPhone to see honest gains with software. Sorry, but that bothers me a ton. And no, I'm not talking about cloud performance, where your device is offloading the actual operations vs doing them locally (requiring far more use of resources than necessary). Does not seem like a very minuscule criticism to me.

/ducks before people find out my daily driver doesn't run android or ios.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
point isn't about money

I don't think what you're saying is wrong. Think it's been like that from the beginning too. How many people got an overpriced macbook rather than a cheaper pc laptop, capable of doing all they'd ever require, just cause they wanted to show off that Apple logo on the cover? Then everyone needed an iphone...cause it's Apple. Then the Apple watch. Now they need airpods even though there's other much cheaper alternatives. Apple has made it's wealth off of suckers. It was never about any of their products being that far superior to what was already out there. From beginning to now, everything from them is way overpriced. It was always about the Brand and making it the most fashionable so people just had to have it.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Personally, I think Apple products are overrated but if some people want to buy them, to each their own. I've owned a Galaxy S4, S6, and now an S8 and have never had any issues. All my friends who want me to switch to iPhone always tell me that I should switch because of the customer service. Apparently if you have any issues with your iPhone, customer service will fix it. My response has always been "how many times do iPhones break that customer service is the #1 thing you like about your phone?" I've never had any issues with my Android phones....so if customer service is the #1 reason to switch, I'll stay content with my green text phones.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I don't think what you're saying is wrong. Think it's been like that from the beginning too.

ACTUALLY...........

This is another thing that is a head scratcher. People forget what made Apple great. While they didn't invent the PC or anything really(despite claiming they did, which should be a red-flag when it comes to trust). What did make Apple great, is that they targeted their first computer at the price of $666 when the next system was $1400 for a prebuild. Woz wanted prices that made computing realistic for the masses and worked to build a system that could do that. IDGAF what people have learned from whatever biopic, that is what happened. They lost touch with their core values when the Motorola rebel architects were essentiually handcuffed and had to use real hardware. Without those guys, Apple wouldn't have shit. Anyways, history lessons blah blah blah... The point is, they used to be afordable (and yes, it was shit, all smoke and mirrors, useless functionality compared to the competition, etc), but they sold shit at an accurate price point.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
iPhones are way too restrictive for my liking. I have one and miss the customization of android.

Status symbols are basically what they are.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
iPhones are way too restrictive for my liking. I have one and miss the customization of android.

Status symbols are basically what they are.
I don't think any phone is really a status symbol right now, everyone has a smart phone and they all do pretty much the same thing.