I Like Ross, but the Cubs need Girardi

CSF77

Liked Posts:
CF was so small in wrigley it allowed Fowler to run to left field and maim schwarbers knee in Arizona? That’s crazy.

Isn’t Blackmon a poor defensive CF too? I could be wrong, but for some reason I was under the assumption he had poor range, which you just got done griping about with Fowler.

Blackmon is a RF at this point. I personally wouldn't go there. They need more OBA types.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Blackmon is a RF at this point. I personally wouldn't go there. They need more OBA types.

9 major league seasons, .304 batting average. .360 on base,.508 slugging, .868 ops, .

How many more of them are out there.

(Now you say) but he will lose 50 points outside of Coors

(Then I say) LeMahieu didnt

CSF77

Liked Posts:
9 major league seasons, .304 batting average. .360 on base,.508 slugging, .868 ops, .

How many more of them are out there.

(Now you say) but he will lose 50 points outside of Coors

(Then I say) LeMahieu didnt

Natural regression should make him a .280/.340/.480 bat looking forward.

If he is a good hitter then moving him from point 1-> 2 is a minor factor.

What plays up more is a player like Heyward that got his value from a larger OF where there are larger gaps to cover and hit into. Moving to Chi lessened his value because to caters to the HR. Thus his value decreased as those nice gap shots were more easily defended.

So Coors factors some for sure but each park has it's issue.

DJ never was a power bat so his production has little to do with Coors. Not sure where you were going with him in the first place.

DaHawkz24

Liked Posts:
I feel like the Cubs (Theo, Jed) want to go with Ross for a few reasons:
- Low cost
- They know that he can manage the players (mentally)
- They want someone who they can tell what to do lineup wise

At least if they do that and fail there will be no one to blame except the front office

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
What? Just proves that anybody can play center field in Wrigley for 81 games a year. Fowler was so bad in Colorado they got rid of him, they did not seem too interested in moving Blackmon did they?

But then again, we were discussing LeMahieu being a shit hitter outside of coors field, which he proved was a misconception, so the hitting aspect of Blackmon is what the discussion was about.

I’m assuming you saying what was to my first statement. You made it seem like wrigleys small CF is what caused Fowler to collide with Schwarber, but that happened in Arizona.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
- Low cost

At least if they do that and fail there will be no one to blame except the front office

I don't.

I feel like they are coming to the conclusion that they need more outside influence from guys that have been parts of successful teams. So Joe and Espada would be the smart choices.

Ross is a feel good sign. But he lacks too much in experience. Signing him is a step backwards.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
- Low cost

The other part is how far the players will go to make sure Ross is not blamed for inexperience. You gotta believe the players have some skin in the game with Ross and will go harder so he does not fail.

dont really know what will happen in houston, they go on runs and then rebuild, so not much history in the place the cubs are now with their yutes becoming men and being professional.

On a side note, it is being reported that some are expecting that the Dodgers are going to have Mark Prior as their pitching coach next year.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
The other part is how far the players will go to make sure Ross is not blamed for inexperience. You gotta believe the players have some skin in the game with Ross and will go harder so he does not fail.

dont really know what will happen in houston, they go on runs and then rebuild, so not much history in the place the cubs are now with their yutes becoming men and being professional.

On a side note, it is being reported that some are expecting that the Dodgers are going to have Mark Prior as their pitching coach next year.

Prior would be a good choice. He knew how to pitch. Add to it I believe that he has unfinished business with baseball after injury robbed him from his career.

Castor76

Liked Posts:
Here's an idea for somebody to be looked at for a position on the Cubs. Brent Strom is a little bit up there is age, 71, but maybe his assistant pitching coach. Those guys are getting good results.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Girardi stepping down as the coach of team USA. People think this is a step that needs to be made for him to be hired as a MLB manager.

Maybe here. maybe 7 other spots?

I think if he does not get his dream job he was waiting for, then he will talk to other teams. I guess we see how long Theo holds out making a decision.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Cubs FO impressed by Espada, according to reports. Could be a good choice with culture change. Astros started some training trends between Blast Motion sensor and Springer trained with Axe overload/underlaid bats from Driveline.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Baker, Girardi, Showalter the three finalists in Philly.

It's a shame that, for as much talent as the Phillies have, they're just not a serious organization. And won't go anywhere until they become one.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
yeah, there are so many ross articles out there, you gotta think its going to espada