I like the Nick Foles trade

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Funny how quickly people forget about how bad or average our GM's have been before R.Pace and funny how they think if or when Pace gets replaced that the next GM won't have many misses as well. There's no GM that won't have multiple mistakes with some big ones in there to.

It's par for the course.
One playoff appearance in 5 years loser

Reactions: DC

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
The discussion is already irrelevant.

We will have zero run game and zero oline support again. A rookie isn't gonna fix that.

Just give the guy time before you say this. We don't know his plan and there's definitely a plan. We knew we were up against the cap and we were gonna have to settle for not the best pieces at some of the open spots. We didn't think RG would be one of those spots and even Pace himself said in his end of season presser that RG was one of the positions that was gonna be the most important to fill so lets just let the offseason and draft play out before we say were fucked in the run game and o-line. We also knew that 4 of the spots on the o-line were already filled because of the contracts Leno and Massie have and with Whitehair and Daniels being our young guys.

kerschbs

Liked Posts:
I think a RG and an OT with the two 2nd rounders will lead to a much improved line in 2020.

Id wait to see if we grab anything of the scrap pile for OL depth. I could see one pick on a RG (probably our earlier second rounder) but I don’t see them using both on O line. We still need help at SS and possibly CB.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
There is nearly no one on here who is a trubisky nut hugger anymore.

There are, however, a bunch who are what I call trubisky crybabies. They'd rather see him fail than succeed because it drives their narrative.

I personally hope that he succeeds, because its whats best for the franchise I cheer for. Do I think he can succeed? Probably not. Do I think Foles can succeed? Probably not. Foles is going to get worked behind this oline with no run game.

We literally did nothing to improve our biggest weakness last season, and no, it wasn't QB even though a lot of you crybabies think it was. No team succeeds without good trench play. You get a good dline, and a good oline, and you go to the playoffs usually. Simple as that. It's been a time tested equation.

Yeah, I still feel like we're in the same boat, but with a slightly better/more experienced QB. Is that worth what we paid to get him? Not now it's not. But it will be if we fix the OL/running game, get production from our TEs, and Nagy truly did learn something about HIMSELF in the offseason, and learn how to fucking playcall.

But if we don't get drastic improvement in all those areas, everyone is going to be in for a lot more pain in 2020. And all the dudes who CONSTANTLY shit on Trubisky like he was the only thing that kept us from winning the Super Bowl are going to have an absolute meltdown. They won't even know wtf to do with themselves. Lol.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I love the trade. Foles was my first hope, but I didn't think it could happen.

Some Mitch fans are upset that we didn't sign Keenum because he'd be no real threat to take Mitchell's job. Nut huggers gonna hug nuts.

Foles is going to get Mitch's job and get us back in the playoffs. If ppl want to die on Trubisky hill go ahead. Some of us saw this coming months ago, some have been in denial the whole time.

What's funny is the ones that claim to "know football" have been the most delusional of all.
I actually thought Case was the best bet to take over Mitch’s job and he would have been cheaper and no wasted draft picks. At the very least you can expect Case to play all season whereas Nick has never played more than 11 games in any season.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
One playoff appearance in 5 years loser

At the end of the day, that;s the stat that matters.

If the Bears don't make the playoffs this year, I hope they shit can Nagy and Pace.