I miss this

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
I remember him flipping over a defender into the endzone against the Lions. When the pocket collapased he would step into a throw and eat a shot like a champ or use suddle evasive maneuvers to get away even though he's not as athletic or as big as Mitch.

Meanwhile Mitch completely backpedals then gets sacked for a 15 yard loss or runs into pressure
Yeah the helicopter.. he also trucked a viking db.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Close to a decade with Cutler may be why Pace didn't take a closer look at Mahomes. See, we can still blame Jay.
100%!, this is exactly why Mahomes might have not even been on the Bear's draft board.....

I'm seeing all these guys saying that they love Cutler, but, I don't remember a single person saying, we should keep him on the roster.....:)

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
Made that throw all the time in highschool too.

His highschool OC schemed a better offense for him than Matt Nagy did.

Maybe we should hire that guy from Mentor.

We get it bro you love your son. Maybe Tebow did a lot better with urban Meyer maybe he should have had him as a coach instead of Belichick. Who cares it's highschool. Also if that was cutty that would have been a TD

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It was kind of a joke but a lot of teams saw him as having that sort of potential. They weren't willing to risk the lower floor for the very high ceiling. Chiefs were in a great situation with Smith about to have his and the league's best year.

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
100%!, this is exactly why Mahomes might have not even been on the Bear's draft board.....

I'm seeing all these guys saying that they love Cutler, but, I don't remember a single person saying, we should keep him on the roster.....:)
Nobody thinks Jay is the answer or should have kept him on the roster. We're saying Mitch is so bad it makes us miss Cutler. Dude had a worse QB rating then Chase Daniels who is probably worse then most of Jays backups.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I miss Josh McCown more than Cutler

Neckbeard

Liked Posts:
It’s like everyone has blocked out the inevitable 4th quarter awful, didn’t see the defender at all, interception that Cutler threw almost on queue.

msadows

Liked Posts:
We get it bro you love your son. Maybe Tebow did a lot better with urban Meyer maybe he should have had him as a coach instead of Belichick. Who cares it's highschool. Also if that was cutty that would have been a TD

Uhh no I've pretty much gotten off the mitch bandwagon a while ago.

I just laugh at morons thinking he was a reach at #2, or like he wasn't the consensus #1 qb in that draft. Or like he never played well in college, or high school, or that he ever knew how to throw a ball.

Players can be exceptional in college and never translate to the pros. It looks like that's whats happening to mitch. It's unfortunate but it happens.

Your tim tebow comparison is fucking nonsense. Everyone know Tebow wouldn't be an NFL QB coming out of college. Everyone thought Mitch was the prototypical "New Age" Qb coming out of that draft.

msadows

Liked Posts:
It’s like everyone has blocked out the inevitable 4th quarter awful, didn’t see the defender at all, interception that Cutler threw almost on queue.

Yes, yes they have. Recency bias.

Jay Cutler once threw 4 interceptions....to the same fucking guy.

You would figure after the 3rd one he would just stop going to that side of the field, but nope, Cutler gonna Cutler.

Lets not forget this is the same fanbase that destroyed him for not trying to play on a sprained MCL in a playoff game.

We would have absolutely destroyed any QB we drafted in 2017, just like we will figure out a way to destroy the next one. This franchise is cursed.

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
Yes, yes they have. Recency bias.

Jay Cutler once threw 4 interceptions....to the same fucking guy.

You would figure after the 3rd one he would just stop going to that side of the field, but nope, Cutler gonna Cutler.

Lets not forget this is the same fanbase that destroyed him for not trying to play on a sprained MCL in a playoff game.

We would have absolutely destroyed any QB we drafted in 2017, just like we will figure out a way to destroy the next one. This franchise is cursed.
He took the Bears to NFC championship with devin Hester as the top receiver

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
Uhh no I've pretty much gotten off the mitch bandwagon a while ago.

I just laugh at morons thinking he was a reach at #2, or like he wasn't the consensus #1 qb in that draft. Or like he never played well in college, or high school, or that he ever knew how to throw a ball.

Players can be exceptional in college and never translate to the pros. It looks like that's whats happening to mitch. It's unfortunate but it happens.

Your tim tebow comparison is fucking nonsense. Everyone know Tebow wouldn't be an NFL QB coming out of college. Everyone thought Mitch was the prototypical "New Age" Qb coming out of that draft.
Tebow still has 1 more playoff victory then Mitch. See even Tebow could score 29 on a bad secondary and Mitch couldn't. And Deshaun Watson was the clear consensus 1st QB what are you talking about?

msadows

Liked Posts:
He took the Bears to NFC championship with devin Hester as the top receiver

Okay? So did rex Grossman with trash at WR.

Jay was basically a better version of Jameis Winston. He's still awful.
Tebow still has 1 more playoff victory then Mitch. See even Tebow could score 29 on a bad secondary and Mitch couldn't. And Deshaun Watson was the clear consensus 1st QB what are you talking about?

DeShaun Watson was not the "clear consensus 1st QB". I'd say about 80% of analysts and publications had trubisky as the #1 prospect.

Just because he ended up a bum does not mean he wasn't the clear, consensus, #1 QB in that draft based on talent and potential.

1. A one-year starter, Trubisky showed good short-area accuracy, pocket presence, and the ability to make big-time throws outside the numbers. He can still improve his blitz recognition and deep ball, but his impressive one-year sample has pushed him to the top of our quarterback board.

PFF. YES FUCKING PRO FOOTBALL FOCUS FUCKING SAID THIS.

Fuck, even the Kansas City Star graded Trubisky as a better prospect than Watson and Mahomes.

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
Okay? So did rex Grossman with trash at WR.

Jay was basically a better version of Jameis Winston. He's still awful.

DeShaun Watson was not the "clear consensus 1st QB". I'd say about 80% of analysts and publications had trubisky as the #1 prospect.

Just because he ended up a bum does not mean he wasn't the clear, consensus, #1 QB in that draft based on talent and potential.

1. A one-year starter, Trubisky showed good short-area accuracy, pocket presence, and the ability to make big-time throws outside the numbers. He can still improve his blitz recognition and deep ball, but his impressive one-year sample has pushed him to the top of our quarterback board.

PFF. YES FUCKING PRO FOOTBALL FOCUS FUCKING SAID THIS.

Fuck, even the Kansas City Star graded Trubisky as a better prospect than Watson and Mahomes.
40 games later Tribusky still has a bad deep ball and can't read a blitz to save his life. Half the arm talent Jay had and no really good intangibles to make it up. If it was 80% why were almost all bears fans shocked and confused when they took him? The fact that the Browns were interested in him we should have known he was cursed. Lol