I rewatched the Bears Eagles playoff game....

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I highlighted a few of these plays in the playoff breakdown, here are some different angles...

Daniels:

ZRojZb.gif

Long:

Wxy7Zv.gif

Leno:

NjshYy.gif

Long:

SKJliQ.gif

All in all, I think this was a pretty typical performance by the 2018 offensive line. 3-4 run blow ups and 3-4 pass blow ups were the norm each game, especially from the guard position. Edge pressure was there but it was pretty easily mitigated by Trubisky.

Going back through that thread reminded me of the Howard trip over Shaheen’s leg. With 9 men in the box and 2 cb’s at the far sidelines, this was probably a TD and at least red zone. Still hurts:

mpcGAq.gif

XRk1V2.gif

Last edited:

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
This is why I can’t understand why the Bears did not put more effort in to upgrading the oline this offseason. They seem to be satisfied & content with what they have. A big problem I see is that Kyle Long can’t stay healthy. His position definitely needed to be upgraded. I hope poor blocking will not hinder Nagy’s plays & play calling this coming season.
Ya, you hope Alex Bars and Rashard Coward will be solid Linemen.

Ted Larsen played quite well in Chi 2016. He is 32 this year, but he started 13 games for Mia last year, and PFF gave him a Below Avg score.

Bears also sign T.J. Clemmings, but he only appeared in 6 games 2017 and 4 in 2018, and he's a Tackle.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
I highlighted a few of these plays in the playoff breakdown, here are some different angles...

Daniels:

ZRojZb.gif

Long:

Wxy7Zv.gif

Leno:

NjshYy.gif

Long:

SKJliQ.gif

All in all, I think this was a pretty typical performance by the 2018 offensive line. 3-4 run blow ups and 3-4 pass blow ups were the norm each game, especially from the guard position. Edge pressure was there but it was pretty easily mitigated by Trubisky.

Going back through that thread reminded me of the Howard trip over Shaheen’s leg. With 9 men in the box and 2 cb’s at the far sidelines, this was probably a TD and at least red zone. Still hurts:

mpcGAq.gif

XRk1V2.gif
You know... and I have to say that's typical of Howard going down with ankle contact.

Sheheen is making a good penetrating block,moving 53 out of the way and also taking 58 out, really a key in making this play, his back to Howard, not really even stretching out or letting his leg lag behind.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Blahhh, I'm not reliving that game!

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

mpcGAq.gif

XRk1V2.gif
I think he runs with the lowest knees in the league. That play had me thinking it may not be our day.

BradyJay

Liked Posts:
NFL network replayed it yesterday.. I set the DVR, but I dont think I'll watch it. Would be interesting to see how the game plays out if Howard doesnt trip :(

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Sounds like a plot from Speed 3 or The Last Boyscout 2

The first one should have ended after the opening 4 minutes. The remaining one hour and 56 minutes were insufferable.

Cleveland Cats! Los Angeles Stallions! Friday Night Football!