I want to talk about roster construction in general.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This would be the article I am talking about, where Manfred admits they discovered baseball drag was unintentionally altered.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/27155532/manfred-mlb-alter-baseball-more-hrs

This has effected finesse pitchers with big arsenals like Kyle Freeland, Aaron Nola, Tanaka and others who no longer have "stuff" on their secondary pitches due to lost drag. Arrieta probably tried so hard to fight it that his arm broke, and if you are a betting man, he stopped throwing his cutter and his numbers look like you would expect. Fade him until they shut him down.

Hendricks has shown command can still reign. Darvish at times can survive with his plus heater, etc. But I feel some pitchers have been unfairly screwed in a way they can't control and millions will change hands due to this decision or error in judgement.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
This would be the article I am talking about, where Manfred admits they discovered baseball drag was unintentionally altered.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/27155532/manfred-mlb-alter-baseball-more-hrs

This has effected finesse pitchers with big arsenals like Kyle Freeland, Aaron Nola, Tanaka and others who no longer have "stuff" on their secondary pitches due to lost drag. Arrieta probably tried so hard to fight it that his arm broke, and if you are a betting man, he stopped throwing his cutter and his numbers look like you would expect. Fade him until they shut him down.

Hendricks has shown command can still reign. Darvish at times can survive with his plus heater, etc. But I feel some pitchers have been unfairly screwed in a way they can't control and millions will change hands due to this decision or error in judgement.

Lester pitches a cutter 4 seem with a curve mixed in.

Pitchers who locate and know how to set hitters up will have success no matter what changes happens.

The same baseball was used last year so I'm not buying on Nola. Then you have Giolito having a career year due to him scrapping his 2 and becoming a high fastball pitcher.

Comes down to excuses or doing it.